House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blankster

Annoying Standardised Hand Gestures By Bbc Reporters

Am I the only person to notice that all young TV reporters - especially BBC ones, use the same bizzarre standardised hand gestures? Since a friend pointed this out to me I can't stop noticing.

What they do is walk along in front of the camera alternating between holding their hands together in front of them and then moving their arms apart like a fisherman explaining how big the 'one that got away' was. People don't do this in real life and it rarely has any connection with what the reporters are talking about. Are they trained to so these silly actions, and if so, by who?

If you haven't noticed this, keep watching and once you've consciously noted the gesticulating you won't be able to stop noticing it!

What it needs is for some comedy sketch show to parody this and then it might make reporters think twice!

Am I the only person to notice that all young TV reporters - especially BBC ones, use the same bizzarre standardised hand gestures? Since a friend pointed this out to me I can't stop noticing.

What they do is walk along in front of the camera alternating between holding their hands together in front of them and then moving their arms apart like a fisherman explaining how big the 'one that got away' was. People don't do this in real life and it rarely has any connection with what the reporters are talking about. Are they trained to so these silly actions, and if so, by who?

If you haven't noticed this, keep watching and once you've consciously noted the gesticulating you won't be able to stop noticing it!

What it needs is for some comedy sketch show to parody this and then it might make reporters think twice!

Then there's the two second cut to 'a noddy'. That pisses me off.

Guest X-QUORK

The worst for this is that little feck who does the business bit on BBC Breakfast. I rarely watch it as it's little better than GMTV these days, but when I do I end up going a little bit "radio".

Guest DisposableHeroes
Lizards.

Their gills are underneath their armpits and they do it to cover up the to breathing motion.

Where's Jon Pertwee when you need him?

Are there really lizard people?

Guest DisposableHeroes
We are all lizard people, DH.

We just don't all know it yet.

*flings tongue at fly*

Oh :-(

Just like Gordon Brown when he pauses for a breath, always the same open mouth position and Tony Blairs hand movements best impersonated by Rory Bremner.

They all have professional coaching for speaking etc and hide their true body language.

Actually I've met the guy who did the media coaching with Blair.

He is actually a terrible "gabbler", the gesturing was a deliberate intervention to slow him down.

Not as annoying as the standardised speech patterns and speech rhythms that they all use.

I'll watch for it in future.

Since sombody metioned that Bruce Sprigsteen has a wide ****, and Sandra Bullock has a very square nose, I can't help noticing them now! ;)

The worst for this is that little feck who does the business bit on BBC Breakfast. I rarely watch it as it's little better than GMTV these days, but when I do I end up going a little bit "radio".

That'll be the Hunt effect (she who runs the station now). Pander to the thickest pigsh*t morons - not realising that they're too busy lapping up the in depth interview (pause for laughter) being conducted on the GMTV sofa.

These modern media types simply don't buy in to the Reithian principle of encouraging people to improve themselves.

Guest UK Debt Slave

Their dialogue is far worse.

Recession = downturn

Theft = QE

etc etc

They just can't be honest with the people can they. Everything they say is couched in doublespeak

Actually I've met the guy who did the media coaching with Blair.

He is actually a terrible "liar", the gesturing was a deliberate intervention to slow him down.

Corrected.

Are there really lizard people?

You're part of 'the problem'!

For the benefit of others > where all the lizard piSStaking originates from!

Old-brain is sometimes called "reptile brain" / "lizard brain".

It directly affects FEAR, Control, Dominance, Reflex!

(So authorities "dumb down" when they really want to attack you!)

Old-brain is extra-primitive in that it is directly coupled to the body's sensing and motor sites: e.g. right side to right side and so on. It therefore lacks all of the damage limitation & redundancy / safety features of the 'new' brain'.

http://www.perceptions.couk.com/conscious.html

07920_95830_EMP4463110.jpg

hidden semaphore alright,this guy's been at it for ages!!