House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danny Deflation

What Is Your Daily Newspaper Of Choice?

What is your daily newspaper of choice?

I appreciate that not everyone buys or reads a daily paper, but if you were to pick up one paper to read which would you opt for.

If you only read a Sunday newspaper, then you might want to choose its daily counterpart. Also, I haven't included the Sport and Star.

Guest theboltonfury

I appreciate that not everyone buys or reads a daily paper, but if you were to pick up one paper to read which would you opt for.

If you only read a Sunday newspaper, then you might want to choose its daily counterpart. Also, I haven't included the Sport and Star.

During the week. The Times and The Mail. No apologies for the Mail. I really like the sport coverage. I find it comical in many other ways. Still it's better than the Express, Sun and Guardian. I have them both delivered every day without fail.

Weekend. News of The World and Mail on Sunday.

Guest DisposableHeroes

I sometimes pick up the Sunday Times, because it's a good educated paper.

But inevitably boredom set in after the first few pages.

Guest joeschmo

Having read a lot of posts on this site my guess would be that the average poster (if being honest) reads the Sun, Express or Mail.( I am sure that most will however claim to read something else)

During the week. The Times and The Mail. No apologies for the Mail. I really like the sport coverage. I find it comical in many other ways. Still it's better than the Express, Sun and Guardian. I have them both delivered every day without fail.

Weekend. News of The World and Mail on Sunday.

I also like the Daily Mail's sports coverage, and my guilty pleasure is their columnist Richard Littlejohn, who has a go at everything that is Zanu Labour. I also enjoy reading some of their "Get angry, readers, because this fat woman with 17 children claims 500 pounds a week in benefits"-style stories.

I bought the Telegraph a few times when they were detailing the MPs' expenses, and found it little more than a pompous version of the Mail.

The FT has surprisingly excellent arts coverage.

I often buy the Guardian on a Saturday, because I like its arts and finance supplements, and I enjoy reading Charlie Brooker's TV column.

Sunday, I generally opt for a tabloid: News of the Screws or, at a push, the Sunday Mirror.

Can't you put in an option - 'None, they're all full of shit'. Pay to be indoctrinated? Are you serious?

Guest theboltonfury
I also like the Daily Mail's sports coverage, and my guilty pleasure is their columnist Richard Littlejohn, who has a go at everything that is Zanu Labour. I also enjoy reading some of their "Get angry, readers, because this fat woman with 17 children claims 500 pounds a week in benefits"-style stories.

I bought the Telegraph a few times when they were detailing the MPs' expenses, and found it little more than a pompous version of the Mail.

The FT has surprisingly excellent arts coverage.

I often buy the Guardian on a Saturday, because I like its arts and finance supplements, and I enjoy reading Charlie Brooker's TV column.

Sunday, I generally opt for a tabloid: News of the Screws or, at a push, the Sunday Mirror.

Exactly. Kindred spirits. I am also fascinated by Correspondents Letters.

The Sunday Broadsheets are just so bloody big! You end up with the house covered in paper and mags by lunchtime.

Although I don't read it daily, the Telegraph's Complete MP's Expenses Files is now my essential reference tool for checking what expenses crimes any given Westminster spiv/shyster/chancer has on his or her rap sheet.

Buy the Grauniad on a Saturday because I like the magazine....skim through the paper itself.

Spend two minutes at lunchtime flicking through the labourers Sun and the Daily Wail when I visit my mum and really wonder who is interested in 90 percent of the stuff they print in these things.

The amount of column inches devoted to what's happening on reality TV shows is bewildering.

Had a subscription to FT.com but started having nightmares about John Authers beard, so cancelled it sharpish.

No longer in the UK so rely on limited online articles on the newspapers websites now, at least it's better than reading the boring local newspapers out here.

When I was at home I read the Telegraph and Times for financial articles at the weekends and had a free FT at work on the weekdays. It all helped build up a bit of investment knowledge so can't knock them.

Are there any Sun readers left, that paper seemed more of a mobile phone advert magazine last time I saw it :P

Am I the only honest SUN reader :lol:

Just for the Sport and easy to read print and they also have lots of pictures and all the stories are true.

It`s only 20p :P

None of the above.

Rather than the UK press I read foreign press online, for example the Washington Post. A perspective from outside the UK provides an interesting variation on how things are spun by the UK press.

Guest theboltonfury
None of the above.

Rather than the UK press I read foreign press online, for example the Washington Post. A perspective from outside the UK provides an interesting variation on how things are spun by the UK press.

But America has yet to realise that the UK is even a country. Their press is insular, most of those Yanks think that the UK is one of their states.

Maybe we are.

Just for the Sport and easy to read print and they also have lots of pictures and all the stories are true.

Bosh,

Regular reader 'til my daughter turned 10 and the Mrs decided it wasn't appropriate any more!

Still miss Ally Ross' telly page on a Friday :(

I sometimes pick up the Sunday Times, because it's a good educated paper.

But inevitably boredom set in after the first few pages.

I have to make a first pass through my Sunday Times to ditch the superfluous stuff, in my case the homes, holidays, recruitment, any ads inserted, etc. Just get left with the main paper, business, money, culture/tv guide, sport during the footie season. It thuds on the doormat like it's the weight of a breezeblock.

Guest DisposableHeroes
I have to make a first pass through my Sunday Times to ditch the superfluous stuff, in my case the homes, holidays, recruitment, any ads inserted, etc. Just get left with the main paper, business, money, culture/tv guide, sport during the footie season. It thuds on the doormat like it's the weight of a breezeblock.

:-)

Yes, there are good article in there. Actually that's half the fun searching for what's appealing.

Yes! Another intellectual like what I is B)

Guest DisposableHeroes

I might have happened to pick up the odd one, while on a train.

Guest theboltonfury
I might have happened to pick up the odd one, while on a train.

It often runs a purely educational feature on Ms Kelly Brook. I barely take an interest.

I bet the paper follows the political zeitgeist - Torygraph (my choice) being popular now, Grauniad perhaps more so in 1997

Guest DisposableHeroes
It often runs a purely educational feature on Ms Kelly Brook. I barely take an interest.

I must confess I've found her assets to be stored very appropriately. I've noticed Ms Brook on occasion, to get her assets out, to show people. I find this, very refreshing in these economic times. One should applauded this considered approach, education is of the uppermost importance.

Guest theboltonfury
I must confess I've found her assets to be stored very appropriately. I've noticed Ms Brook on occasion, to get her assets out, to show people. I find this, very refreshing in these economic times. One should applauded this considered approach, education is of the uppermost importance.

Funny

Sometimes her assets are seemingly not supported by any real fundamentals. Lovely stuff.

Guest DisposableHeroes
Funny

Sometimes her assets are seemingly not supported by any real fundamentals. Lovely stuff.

It is a quandary for one's self, how Ms Brook manages her fundamentals. Which Mr fury, you so eloquently observes. One has also observed how Ms Brook never submitted to the beastliness of being leveraged. Ms Brooks assets our self made, as far as one can tell. One should naturally commend this. Although I hasten to added, that one is not entirely opposed to large leveraged assets, which some manage to bare with aplomb.