House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Disposable Heroes

Land's End To John O'groats

Guest DisposableHeroes

That's an incredible achievement. When/if they do it.

Romero and Cracknell's support team will be 'tweeting' regular updates during the attempt which marks the launch of the first ever Deloitte Ride Across Britain, a mass participation event that aims to raise £1 million for the ParalympicsGB charity.

Romero and Cracknell hope that beating the current End-to-End record of two days, three hours, 19 minutes and 23 seconds – set by Andy Wilkinson and Lynne Taylor in 2000 – will encourage teams and solo riders to sign up to ride over 900 miles in nine days next June.

"When I started planning the Ride Across Britain I also looked at all of the End-to-End records," Cracknell told Bikeradar. "I was interested in the solo record [Gethin Butler's 1 day, 20 hours, 4 minutes and 19 seconds set in 2001] until I realised that I could probably only ride that fast for about 20 minutes! I also thought it would be much more fun to do this with someone else." Writing in the Daily Telegraph Cracknell says that he had a shortlist of three possible partners – Tour de France fourth place finisher Bradley Wiggins, Ironman World champion Chrissie Wellington and Romero. Wiggins was busy with his Tour duties and Wellington preparing the defence of her title in October. Luckily Romero accepted the challenge.

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/foll...ling-plus-22647

Guest DisposableHeroes
That's an incredible achievement. When/if they do it.

Romero and Cracknell's support team will be 'tweeting' regular updates during the attempt which marks the launch of the first ever Deloitte Ride Across Britain, a mass participation event that aims to raise £1 million for the ParalympicsGB charity.

Romero and Cracknell hope that beating the current End-to-End record of two days, three hours, 19 minutes and 23 seconds – set by Andy Wilkinson and Lynne Taylor in 2000 – will encourage teams and solo riders to sign up to ride over 900 miles in nine days next June.

"When I started planning the Ride Across Britain I also looked at all of the End-to-End records," Cracknell told Bikeradar. "I was interested in the solo record [Gethin Butler's 1 day, 20 hours, 4 minutes and 19 seconds set in 2001] until I realised that I could probably only ride that fast for about 20 minutes! I also thought it would be much more fun to do this with someone else." Writing in the Daily Telegraph Cracknell says that he had a shortlist of three possible partners – Tour de France fourth place finisher Bradley Wiggins, Ironman World champion Chrissie Wellington and Romero. Wiggins was busy with his Tour duties and Wellington preparing the defence of her title in October. Luckily Romero accepted the challenge.

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/foll...ling-plus-22647

Yes, that does seem like and incredible challenge.