House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric pebble

Max Hastings In The Mail: Supine Politicians, Arrogant, Greedy Banks

Supine politicians, arrogant, greedy banks and why they could trigger another crash

"One cannot imagine headlines more certain to rouse public rage than those this week: 'Massive bonuses for bankers'; 'record payouts at Goldman Sachs '; 'greed is back'. Amid the worst recession for a generation, the financial communities in Britain and the U.S. will this year award themselves prizes on a scale to gasp at.

Six months ago, we were told that unlike past economic downturns, this one would hit white-collar employees in the South of England, rather than the industrial workforce.

Instead, however, unemployment in the Midlands and North has soared, along with business bankruptcies. Bluecollar workers are suffering lay-offs, short time and factory closures."

Great stuff. Bang on the nail.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-...l#ixzz0NAwchiTv

Edited by eric pebble

Banksters are just helping themselves to the last of the real wealth in the nation before the entire system collapses. You or I would do exactly the same if we had similar access to the policy makers and legal system.

And Sibley, what the hell man? Remember to take your pills and stay away from this site FFS.

Here i am on the deck of the SS UK, a floating hotel about to battle the credit crunch.

I can see a group of young bankers preparing themselves to fight the credit crunch, the best of the best of our young men about to do daring, dangerous battle. They are prepared, they have trained for it. this time its for real.

and there they go, 1...2...3... 1000, off they go into the dark horizon....good luck boys.

...well its 2 years later and I am still on the deck of the SS UK, which has a much reduced crew following attacks and all the lifeboats have been destroyed, but there is word of our boys coming back after doing battle...AND THERE THEY ARE, on the Horizon...they are back.......I can count them....1...2....3..... 1000...thank GORDON, they are ALL back safe and sound, not a scratch on them, our brave bankers have have returned, and we welcome them back....we have opened the canteen which has been closed for a month due to rationing just for them.

welcome back boys....we are saved.

Here i am on the deck of the SS UK, a floating hotel about to battle the credit crunch.

I can see a group of young bankers preparing themselves to fight the credit crunch, the best of the best of our young men about to do daring, dangerous battle. They are prepared, they have trained for it. this time its for real.

and there they go, 1...2...3... 1000, off they go into the dark horizon....good luck boys.

...well its 2 years later and I am still on the deck of the SS UK, which has a much reduced crew following attacks and all the lifeboats have been destroyed, but there is word of our boys coming back after doing battle...AND THERE THEY ARE, on the Horizon...they are back.......I can count them....1...2....3..... 1000...thank GORDON, they are ALL back safe and sound, not a scratch on them, our brave bankers have have returned, and we welcome them back....we have opened the canteen which has been closed for a month due to rationing just for them.

welcome back boys....we are saved.

Nice one BL,

I too remember Hastings mainly as a war correspondent in the Falklands.

I have a feeling however, that it was Brian Hanrahan who 'counted them all out and counted them all in again'.

;)

Nice one BL,

I too remember Hastings mainly as a war correspondent in the Falklands.

I have a feeling however, that it was Brian Hanrahan who 'counted them all out and counted them all in again'.

;)

im sure you are right. I thought it made a nice little vision though.

How is it that this small minority is at all able to award itself such riches?

Could it be that supplying us with our means of exchange by lending it to us at interest is one huge scam?

Control of the quantity of a national money is THE most important political question humans can ponder. Freedom cannot long survive when bankers are in control of the quantity of a nation's money. The debt money system is THE cause of most of the bad things in this world; war, poverty, hunger, misery. - Bill Still

Guest KingCharles1st
im sure you are right. I thought it made a nice little vision though.

I sort of liken the British/American banking system to a Cyberdyne Systems Terminator Machine. Just keeps coming...

-and it scares the utter crap out of you.

Edited by KingCharles1st

A bit like our money system then.

The bankers count it all out, we get to use it for a while, then the bankers count it all back in again, plus some interest of course. :(

A bit like our money system then.

The bankers count it all out, we get to use it for a while, then the bankers count it all back in again, plus some interest of course. :(

It's worse than that, not only do they get to count it all back in again, any losses they get to pass onto the taxpayer.

The bankers are laughing at us all.

The bankers are laughing at us all.

Yes -- I think you are right.... BUT - I cannot see how the present system can keep going. I reckon the system is bust anyway. People are broke; they're being ripped off left right & centre - whether its loans, banking "charges", cost of houses, council tax, petrol, parking charges, speeding fines - etc etc. People are P1SSED OFF --- and there is going to be an inevitable backlash.... I simply cannot see how things can carry on as they are, even if banksters are doing "well".....

I see a Japan style recession coming --- years and years of scraping along the bottom --- and NOTHING is going to get better UNLESS and UNTIL the cost of housing becomes no more than 2 x REAL incomes. End of.