House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Anyone Win On The Premium Bonds Of Late?

Got 27K in there.

Just checked for Aug and i've won 1 x £50 and 3 x £25

July i got 3 x £25

Nothing in Jan, Mar, May or June.

£375 so far this year.

Edited by jungllie jim

Guest absolutezero

Surprised anyone has their money in these things any more.

They're shite.

They weren't particularly good before they cut the prizes.

I pulled my money out as soon as the axe fell.

I used to do OK (4-5% tax free ish over a few years, I must have average-ish luck) on them till they changed the odds and prizes, bugger all since then, whereas before I'd probably have had a couple of fifties at least in the interim.

B4stards.

It co-incided with the interest rates dropping like a stone.

Have 10k . Won a £50 prize in Feb and before that £50 in August last year. I read read somewhere that the prizes had been reduced by about 30% to 35%. I withdrew £1500 early last year and won £150.00 next month. Hmmm. I think if you make a withdrawel or make indications you are about to you will probably win something. Call me cynical but others have also said the same on another forum.

I wouldn't blame anyone for taking their money out.

Have 10k . Won a £50 prize in Feb and before that £50 in August last year. I read read somewhere that the prizes had been reduced by about 30% to 35%. I withdrew £1500 early last year and won £150.00 next month. Hmmm. I think if you make a withdrawel or make indications you are about to you will probably win something. Call me cynical but others have also said the same on another forum.

I wouldn't blame anyone for taking their money out.

nah, I didnt buy a lottery ticket last week. didnt make any difference.

My parents purchased some in the 80's & possibly earlier, but havent won anything as far as im aware.

Is this normal ?

When you check on thier website does it search back all those years ?

They reduced the pay out a while back, to reflect lower market interest rates. I had £10K in but I cashed them out in protest at how crap the return was.

yes very disapointing ..as the folk have commented I too used to get a minimum of one prize per month £50 usually sometimes £100 but since July last year I have won 1x£25 prize pathetic............im moving them when I return to UK in sept

i thought the odds of winning had reduced, well thats what i heard. could be wrong.

i dont think its random numbers - no computer can draw random numbers as such, i think its the day/date/year into some sort of equation that produces a random number. its all about seeds http://www.howstuffworks.com/question697.htm

cash in your premium bonds here: http://www.nsandi.com/pdf/cash_in.pdf

Edited by loginandtonic

I have the full 30K in PBs and used to win about 8 months in 10 - usually 50 quid. Had nothing now for about 6 months. Time to get out of PBs methinks.

Anyone winning still?

Cashed in all our shares back in Oct 2006 (market at 6600 - we saw it coming!). Bought £60K premium bonds (wife and I). This month nothing - not even £25!!

Last month I won £100, prior to that the odd £25 here and there. It used to be really good, making as much as my internet account. This is my house fund, so anything high-risk is off the cards.

Would love to be able to say that I won a million. Sadly, I have n't. But that is the motivation.

If I had been able to say I had won, I would probably have been Sibley'd.

I have the full 30K in PBs and used to win about 8 months in 10 - usually 50 quid. Had nothing now for about 6 months. Time to get out of PBs methinks.

Anyone winning still?

Only got £500 in PB and won £25 for fist time last month - that's the first time in over 3 years!

Anyone winning still?

I have the max and Mr B has not far off max.

I've won nowt since May (total £325 this yr) and Mr B nowt since June (£125 this yr.)

We've never looked on them as 'normal' savings, though - more like a lottery where you keep your stake.

Will be keeping them, since we've done OK in the past and IRs are bound to rise eventually - aren't they? :(

Winnings have always been very variable - some yrs a lot better than others.

Along with wife and son we had £90,000 in PB's from Jan to June. In 6 draws we received a total of £150 (1x£50 and 4x£25). Withdrew before the July draw as even a crappy interest rate at the banks gives significantly more return.