ps - love your avatar mrb

Imitation is flattery.

Edited by Daddy Bear

Are people seriously still saving? :lol::lol:

Get it into assets.

ps - love your avatar mrb

Imitation is flattery.

Can I ask, what would you recommend?

£2400pm net income (basic day job if no freelance work done)

circa £1700pm saved. (depending on expenses of the month)

The benefits of staying with the inlaws temporarily. Who's laughing now fvckers. ;)

Mid summer poll on savings rates for musing.

I've excluded net pension contribution but have included company share options at current share price.

I'm pretty much on fixed outgoings so any additional income, bonus or overtime, will also be added to my savings pot.

Edited to note, there is an option missing, £1K to £1.5K.

Edited by Bring forth the guillotine

Guest Daddy Bear
Can I ask, what would you recommend?

commodities

gold

UK housing at 30-40% below peak (v. low leverage on a long fix)

choose what suits

investing a £300K STR fund into commodities and gold might not be everyones cup of tea though

Dash for assets is more of a slow meander for me.....

Anyway, I'm off to watch The Bill.

NN

Sh!t I thought I was hard done by with £2100 take home, saving £1500 a month, the OH is doing about £800 the month but we are about to take the hit-her contract isn't being renewed from end october which will put a real dent in the fund. My moola is going into pm's and selected shares (only a small amount) GBP is toast, either debased by the f~cktard one or stolen to pay the f~cktard one's growing deficit IMHO.

Edit: what happened to the £1000-1500 option

Edited by zebbedee

The sums are staggering. Please - somebody employ me in one of these highly paid jobs! ;D

I save ~£900-1000 a month. Net income roughly £1700, so saving just over 50%. Though as I said in another thread, this is because I'm single and live at home - I may be out of a job come the end of the year (fingers crossed I'm not) so I may have to live off this. Hope not :(

It does seem the money really isn't in engineering - I believe I created a thread not long back where everybody said what they did for a living. Would be useful to dig that bad boy back up.

Edited by thomasross20

The sums are staggering. Please - somebody employ me in one of these highly paid jobs! ;D

I save ~£900-1000 a month. Net income roughly £1700, so saving just over 50%. Though as I said in another thread, this is because I'm single and live at home - I may be out of a job come the end of the year (fingers crossed I'm not) so I may have to live off this. Hope not :(

It does seem the money really isn't in engineering - I believe I created a thread not long back where everybody said what they did for a living. Would be useful to dig that bad boy back up.

ffs grow a pair. The HPC crowd are so far skewed up the income scale its unreal, don't get an inferiority complex. Plenty of money in engineering if you want it.

here endeth today's pep talk.

As my grandfather would say, coming out of the pub :

"there's no pockets in a shroud."

and

"A rainy day ? Sure it rains here nearly every day"

The HPC crowd are so far skewed up the income scale its unreal

True- I am surprised at these results. Maybe some HPCers are secretly feudal lords, milking the poor peasants via their "high-yield" BTL portfolios :lol:

and

I agree, I could get hit by a bus tomorrow (or today) so living a frugal lifestyle and putting away >50% of my net income each month doesn't appeal. You're a long time dead.

True- I am surprised at these results. Maybe some HPCers are secretly feudal lords, milking the poor peasants via their "high-yield" BTL portfolios :lol:

I'm not a super earner but if I earned minimum or average wage I probably wouldnt be here tbh, its the fact that I earn a fair chunk over average and yet STILL can't afford a family sized home that drives me mental.

and

Agree, but why spend money for the sake of it, even if you have got it?....savings give choices, independence, more freedom, and security far better in my mind than a short term high spending fix. ;)

Agree, but why spend money for the sake of it, even if you have got it?....savings give choices, independence, more freedom, and security far better in my mind than a short term high spending fix. ;)

every time you say this a labour politician dies.

now close your eyes, clap your hands and say "I do believe that debt is wealth, I do believe that debt is wealth"