House Price Crash Forum
athom

National Slavery Through Bailouts And Taxation

I thought this exchange was so go it deserved it's own thread. Really this was the missing link that i've not been able to understand, I hope that's not just me being thick.

In the thread titled - Why Dual Income Amounts To Slavery

If we needed two incomes just to pay the bills, we would literally be debt slaves.
Only if you had any debt, and didn't default it.

I think we will see a lot of defaulting/repossessing over the next 2 years.

So once it is defaulted and repossessed we can be free from slavery? ;)
clearly not, as the bailouts have shown, once its defaulted you can pay it back through future higher taxation / inflation

If i was a skilled animator i'd make something for YouTube. Bankers shovelling money at the foolish. The government shovelling tax money from the whole of society back into the banks to continue shovelling to the foolish. The government demanding the banks lend it so people can recklessly blow it on a still vastly overpriced asset. And every billion extra is ever heavier shackles around out tax paying necks. I didn't get in debt, i was cautious to avoid their debt slavery, so the government loosened lending regulations and let the foolish enslave me anyway.

That the lending would end up with this result was predictable, just trawl the archives here. They must have known, therefore it was the desired result.

AND THEY ARE STILL DOING IT TO US!

Our options are getting limited but we have to do something to take back our freedom.

v-vendetta-wallpapers.jpg

Edited by athom

Guest Skinty
If i was a skilled animator i'd make something for YouTube. Bankers shovelling money at the foolish. The government shovelling tax money from the whole of society back into the banks to continue shovelling to the foolish. The government demanding the banks lend it so people can recklessly blow it on a still vastly overpriced asset. And every billion extra is ever heavier shackles around out tax paying necks. I didn't get in debt, i was cautious to avoid their debt slavery, so the government loosened lending regulations and let the foolish enslave me anyway.

Good point.

Sometimes a single image (or animation) is all it takes to get across the point. I think this could be it. A cartoon could get the message across just as well.

Stop motion animation is actually really fun and you don't need to do anything too fancy, just get some plastercine and some wire for a skeleton. I've always wanted the room to set up a DV camera, some lights and a small set.

I have to admit that no matter how loathe I am to be paranoid, it is difficult to see how it could not have been deliberate,

Good point.

Sometimes a single image (or animation) is all it takes to get across the point. I think this could be it. A cartoon could get the message across just as well.

Stop motion animation is actually really fun and you don't need to do anything too fancy, just get some plastercine and some wire for a skeleton. I've always wanted the room to set up a DV camera, some lights and a small set.

I have to admit that no matter how loathe I am to be paranoid, it is difficult to see how it could not have been deliberate,

Merv already admitted blowing the housing bubble to avoid a dotcom recession.

Is that deliberate enough?

As much as I agree with this argument it's a little too simple to just blame the reckless lending banks and the government encouragement of a unsustainable asset bubble. Remember even in the good years of record tax reciepts the government was still borrowing a net 60bn per year, nearly 15% of total tax receipts. Britain needs to own up to the fact it's been living beyond it's means since Labour came to power.....and sooner rather than later, what happened between 2000-2007 (been encouraged to live like a debt junkie - hooked on debt) should be seen as a mistake that should never be repeated again, not the norm that the government is actively encouraging people to return too.....

Labour have been buying votes with borrowed money from day one. When the borrowed money not only stops but has to be paid back, labour know they won't be around to get the blame. I think they are being doubly profligate to make it near impossible for the next government to get any kind of financial stability.

I have a backslanted wish they win the next election so they can reap what has been so recklessly sowed.

what happened between 2000-2007 (been encouraged to live like a debt junkie - hooked on debt) should be seen as a mistake that should never be repeated again, not the norm that the government is actively encouraging people to return too.....

Yeah that's what convinces me it is intentional. No rational human would otherwise encourage more of the same.

Guest UK Debt Slave
As much as I agree with this argument it's a little too simple to just blame the reckless lending banks and the government encouragement of a unsustainable asset bubble. Remember even in the good years of record tax reciepts the government was still borrowing a net 60bn per year, nearly 15% of total tax receipts. Britain needs to own up to the fact it's been living beyond it's means since Labour came to power.....and sooner rather than later, what happened between 2000-2007 (been encouraged to live like a debt junkie - hooked on debt) should be seen as a mistake that should never be repeated again, not the norm that the government is actively encouraging people to return too.....

Britain has been living beyond its means for much longer than that

Edited by UK Debt Slave

Guest UK Debt Slave
Yeah that's what convinces me it is intentional. No rational human would otherwise encourage more of the same.

Yep. Totally agree with that.

There's no way on earth all this is incidental. We are being asset stripped, pensions, savings, property etc etc

All deliberate....and it's been going on ever since Soros paid a visit back in 1991

I was thinking more something like this fantastic piece http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5GcFl_oQi4 but shorter and with a simpler message repeated a few times. There is something so obvious in the point that it somehow seems too simple to register.

The governing elite (the ones we don't see) create money from thin air, by passing it through the fools they make fantasy money into real debt, the fools are either enslaved by it or default necessitating bailouts and the paying of it back via taxation, enslaving us all. All the while the money made real by the fools mostly ends up in the hands of the same elites. Its like somehow a money laundering scam. :unsure:

Guest UK Debt Slave
I was thinking more something like this fantastic piece http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5GcFl_oQi4 but shorter and with a simpler message repeated a few times. There is something so obvious in the point that it somehow seems too simple to register.

The governing elite (the ones we don't see) create money from thin air, by passing it through the fools they make fantasy money into real debt, the fools are either enslaved by it or default necessitating bailouts and the paying of it back via taxation, enslaving us all. All the while the money made real by the fools mostly ends up in the hands of the same elites. Its like somehow a money laundering scam. :unsure:

More like a wealth laundering scam

They are stealing peoples output/savings/pensions via a giant Monopoly game

Something like a money laundering scam except they have the official printing presses and it's given an official title of what? capitalism?

Essentially this is what is going on right? So the only thing to do is compete for the money? Playing them at their game, that they have rigged in their favour. I like the way they sometimes show a "common man" made good. "There you see common folk! The game is fair for one and all."

It's as wondrous to see as a man riding an elephant, to watch these elites ride us. You just think why does the elephant let the man tell it what to do? It just needs to shrug him off and trample on him to be rid of the burdens and work the man's making the elephant do. But it's obedience has been programmed into it.

Guest UK Debt Slave
Something like a money laundering scam except they have the official printing presses and it's given an official title of what? capitalism?

Essentially this is what is going on right? So the only thing to do is compete for the money? Playing them at their game, that they have rigged in their favour. I like the way they sometimes show a "common man" made good. "There you see common folk! The game is fair for one and all."

It's as wondrous to see as a man riding an elephant, to watch these elites ride us. You just think why does the elephant let the man tell it what to do? It just needs to shrug him off and trample on him to be rid of the burdens and work the man's making the elephant do. But it's obedience has been programmed into it.

Seignorage is the word you are looking for.

A very nice word for state sanctioned counterfeitting isn't it?

It's like COCKPIT. What a great word! Today it's been replaced with Flightdeck. Cockpit is so much better isn't it?

I thought this exchange was so go it deserved it's own thread. Really this was the missing link that i've not been able to understand, I hope that's not just me being thick.

In the thread titled - Why Dual Income Amounts To Slavery

If i was a skilled animator i'd make something for YouTube. Bankers shovelling money at the foolish. T./.......//. They must have known, therefore it was the desired result.

AND THEY ARE STILL DOING IT TO US!

Our options are getting limited but we have to do something to take back our freedom.

v-vendetta-wallpapers.jpg

YES!!! --- A nice image of bent Moneylenders peddling LIAR LOANS comes to mind....

:rolleyes:

Very good athom....

Edited by eric pebble

Eric i've just seen this link in your sig. http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...518243122067675

First thing that occurs to me watching it is when they say "It's so widespread it could be the cause of high house prices...." So obvious it MUST have been officially sanctioned. It's so obvious now i can see the motive for them allowing it to continue.

The guy who made that documentary - all those years ago in 2003/4!! - just put 2 and 2 together -- and made a solid 4.... unlike 95% of the meedja plonkers....

The rest is history.

But - I recommend EVERYONE to watch that video - http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...75&hl=en-GB --- it FORETOLD EVERYTHING.......

It was like seeing the biblical Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin moment..... The Writing on the Wall...... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_writing_on_the_wall

WE WERE WARNED. But no one listened........

Edited by eric pebble

The guy who made that documentary - all those years ago in 2003/4!! - just put 2 and 2 together -- and made a solid 4.... unlike 95% of the meedja plonkers....

The rest is history.

But - I recommend EVERYONE to watch that video - http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...75&hl=en-GB --- it FORETOLD EVERYTHING.......

It was like seeing the biblical Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin moment..... The Writing on the Wall...... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_writing_on_the_wall

WE WERE WARNED. But no one listened........

Great Eric.

Easy to see now that the bubble was already well on the way up when they made this film. As prices are set at the margin, only a small percentage of self cert. were needed to start inflating the whole bubble. The fact that a guy on 30k with a 35k deposit can't buy a two bed flat in Ealing , to me, indicates things were overheated with hot money back then.

Price off 50-70% from peak>

Nick

Edited by SurgeonGeneral

It is really very simple:

Pay off your debts. Live within your means.

Encourage those who are close to you to do the same.

That's all very well but unless you are financial guru type geezer like you, how do we get to own assets in this rigged system without getting into debt?

The system does seem to have an element of design about it. The wise and prudent now will be forced to work longer into their later years because the debts of the foolish will still have to be paid off. We do more work so they can do less. We are seeing this in the state system now, government are buying loyalty by having a huge state with gold plated pensions...the people who are working for them will happily watch and assist in the implimentation of laws and programmes that make our lives increasingly difficult because they are looked after...it's like the army in a dictatorship.

Edited by HovelinHove

As must be obvious to anyone who understands the basics of our monetary system, it is mathematically impossible for everyone to be debt-free.

Our means of exchange must continuously be borrowed into existence, our money supply rolled over, otherwise the economy stops.

We live our lives on the treadmill of debt and, without root and branch money reform, collectively we must continue to do so.

Great Eric.

Easy to see now that the bubble was already well on the way up when they made this film. As prices are set at the margin, only a small percentage of self cert. were needed to start inflating the whole bubble. The fact that a guy on 30k with a 35k deposit can't buy a two bed flat in Ealing , to me, indicates things were overheated with hot money back then.

Price off 50-70% from peak>

Nick

At least. Really - it should be nearer 80%..... :P

You can't under this system.

Edited by Injin

You can't under this system.

Yes you can.

There are at least two ways. You could encourage someone else to take on the debt you wish to dispose of. Indirectly tends to work best with this option.

The other option is that, as a group, we would have less money. (Whether that would mean we were poorer is a seperate issue).