House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
markinspain

£27,000 Swine Flu Bonus For Gps

definately a commission scheme to shioft the 100% useless tamiflu.

DYIV is unable to reply to this post.

He got the wrong end of the stick and was struck off for giving little old ladies 10 flu jabs each appointment and trousering £75 per wrinkly.

Easy mistake and all that.........

Now doing Tit lifts in Switzerland ;)

Guest KingCharles1st

Yesterday they were trying to thrash out a deal which could see GPs paid £7.51 for every jab they give to patients.

I'll do it for a fiver

definately a commission scheme to shioft the 100% useless tamiflu.

They may have achieved that with the way they've dished it out.

Yesterday they were trying to thrash out a deal which could see GPs paid £7.51 for every jab they give to patients.

I'll do it for a fiver

That's nice little earner for our poor GP's. The govt splashing the cash about like there's no tomorrow.

Edited by interestrateripoff

So they're going to give us extra cash to do the extra work... but still pay us for any routine work that we don't have time to do?

I am frequently embarrassed by my profession's money-grabbing ability. Today once more.

So they're going to give us extra cash to do the extra work... but still pay us for any routine work that we don't have time to do?

I am frequently embarrassed by my profession's money-grabbing ability. Today once more.

I didn't know you were a GP

The flu vaccination program is a nice little earner every year.

The better organised GPs give the practice nurses and receptionist £50 for a Saturday afternoon jabbing and pocket maybe £1000 for themselves without even coming into work.

If some idiot offered you £1000 for staying at home on a Saturday wouldn't everybody take it. I don't think you can blame the GPs for this although not many will be complaining.

What they are doing is pricing themselves out of the market. Even the idiot will eventually realise he can employ the practice nurse himself and save the £1000

What they are doing is pricing themselves out of the market. Even the idiot will eventually realise he can employ the practice nurse himself and save the £1000

I feel very ambivalent towards my profession.

Unlike some, I think we provide a good service. Yes, British GPs err on the side of under-diagnosis and under-treatment, but that to me is no worse than erring on the side of over-diagnosis and over-treatment. In fact on a social level it may be preferable.

But access is a big problem. There are not enough of us willing to work enough hours to provide the ease of access that patients want.

And payment is the biggest problem. To some extent the less a practice spends on providing services, the more the partners take home. Payment-by-results has changed this a bit, but it is too easy to "game" the system. And any system will be easy to "game", since we are generally fairly intelligent and financially-minded.

Having said all that I still believe that British general practice is the least worst model for primary care.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

EXTRA PAY FOR EXTRA WORK SHOCKER.

BAN THIS SICK FILTH NOW.

I do locum work, flat rate, never earned anywhere near 100k.

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

What I've never quite understood about the whole GP payment model is why it needs to be so complex. Why can't GPs, practise nurses, receptionists etc just be paid for the hours they do with relevant extra rates for working somewhere horrible, late, weekends etc?

Guest Parry aka GOD

Don't be. It really is nothing compared to many other 'professions'.

Surely this is the funding for the Practice and not individual GP's? Nurses overtime, materials and wotnot.

Guest Parry aka GOD

Unlike some, I think we provide a good service. Yes, British GPs err on the side of under-diagnosis and under-treatment, but that to me is no worse than erring on the side of over-diagnosis and over-treatment. In fact on a social level it may be preferable.

But access is a big problem. There are not enough of us willing to work enough hours to provide the ease of access that patients want.

And payment is the biggest problem. To some extent the less a practice spends on providing services, the more the partners take home. Payment-by-results has changed this a bit, but it is too easy to "game" the system. And any system will be easy to "game", since we are generally fairly intelligent and financially-minded.

Having said all that I still believe that British general practice is the least worst model for primary care.

Hey Doc,

What's the life expectancy of a GP? Last time I heard it was under 60.

Give an inch and they'll take a mile, be careful what you wish for.

All I can say is that Dentists are worse money grabbers and playing the game.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
What's your view on the possible side effects? Are you happy to take money from Roche which just happens to be run by Donald Rumsfeld.

Linky - read the comments too.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/117432...lu-side-effects

Personally, I'm all for a good flu pandemic.

Apparently a hypoxic mode of death isn't too bad a way to go.

The only good thing that ever came out of America is Apple computers.

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Hey Doc,

Is this a result of drugs and alcohol?? :lol::lol:

Hey Doc,

No Mr P thats the career expectancy. Many used to get early retirement on grounds of ill-health (stress) and retire on full pension around 55. Nowadays the work is easier and the pay better so not so many pack it in early.

Life expectancy for GPs (as for others in the health service) is better than average which is one of the problems with the pension scheme

No Mr P thats the career expectancy. Many used to get early retirement on grounds of ill-health (stress) and retire on full pension around 55. Nowadays the work is easier and the pay better so not so many pack it in early.

Life expectancy for GPs (as for others in the health service) is better than average which is one of the problems with the pension scheme

So Doctor Ray you are telling me that Doctors work short hours for high pay with large pensions and live longer than the rest of us (plus free drugs) nearly as good as being an MP (they get subsidised alcohol):lol::lol:

Guest Parry aka GOD

Doesn't sound too bad. Can I have a go?

Medical professionals, scientists and engineers etc, all do themselves down and worry about the money they get and whether it's too much, when in reality it's tiny compared to others who contribute not a thousandth of what they do.

Bash yourselves not.

So Doctor Ray you are telling me that Doctors work short hours for high pay with large pensions and live longer than the rest of us (plus free drugs) nearly as good as being an MP (they get subsidised alcohol):lol::lol:

It was very interesting how the GPs acheived their high award

After the Bristol babies scandal and Shipman the government (Alan Milburn mainly) took it on themselves to bad-mouth the medical profession. Our representatives rolled over and allowed politically driven changes in regulation, training and standards to be pushed through.

One of the myths which Milburn pushed was that doctors spent most of the day on the golf course. He repeated this so often (and of course it was repeated as fact by the Mail/Express etc) that the government began to believe its own malicious propaganda.

When it came round to negotiating the new wage deal the GPs offered to stop playing golf and actually put in a 40 hour week. Anything more would be paid for. The government negotiators thought they had acheived a great success and had tied the GPs into doing a full weeks work. What they hadn't taken into account was that GPs were actually working an average of 56 hours a week. So they took the wage rise, cut their hours by around 16hours a week and offered to do the work they had previously done for nothing for around £100 per hour.

Over the last few years the government has been trying to renage on the deal by, for example changing the pension system and giving below inflation wage rises so the GPs carry on gaming the system by employing nurses to do the GP work and carrying out pointless target meeting activity instead of responding to real patient need. I would recommend a read of the NHSBlogdoctor blog for an inside view of GP.

I'm frequently embarrassed about how busy, busy, busy GPs can spend all day posting on the internet.

Edited by Minos