House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MOP

Fox News: Cash For Clunkers Website Warning

Fox News: Government Website cars.gov Takes Over Your Computer And All Private Information

:ph34r:

Why is everyone so astonished? What I'm amazed at that is it's so open. I thought it was all done in the background anyway. IMO we're heading for a major battle now between right and wrong.

I tried this but I couldn't find an option that presents the "disclaimer" they talk about in the video clip.

I wanted to see if the US government's malware gets through my company's firewall and the two virus checkers, HDD encrypter, two spyware checkers, dodgy .exe checker and remote admin they've loaded on to my laptop.

I'm getting a new one soon anyway, apparently.

Edited for spelling, mostly.

Edited by AvidFan

I tried this but I couldn't find an option that presents the "disclaimer" they talk about im the video clip.

I wanted to see if the US governments malware gets through my company's firewall and the two virus checkers, HDD encrypter, two spyware checkers, dodgy .exe checker and remote admin they've loaded on to my laptop.

I'm getting a new one soon anyway, apparently.

Edited for spelling, mostly.

newt_1.jpg

Why is everyone so astonished? What I'm amazed at that is it's so open. I thought it was all done in the background anyway. IMO we're heading for a major battle now between right and wrong.

But everything is done because it's the right thing to do.

Guest Parry aka GOD
Why did you pick me up on my editing and then show me a scary picture of a girl?

I know I was trying to figure that one out.

Injin?

Thats the girl from Aliens, where the come out after dark, mostly.

Well spotted that man. ;)

Guest Parry aka GOD

That movie was filmed in pitch blackness. I've seen it twice yet never seen it.

Er this is a TandC policy on a website? Because a TandC on a website says something it doesnt mean it will happen. If you read in a TandC that you will be killed, it doesn't mean your going to die, in the same way if a rental agreement says your not allowed children it isnt enforceable. IMHO some legal monkey has gone a little too far and not understood what a website is, and I doubt it could stand up in court.

IMHO What the TandC really/should mean:

When you are using the website your computer is temporally classed as owned by the US Gov

Any Requests sent between the website and your pc can be intercepted etc etc

Edited by moosetea

Er this is a TandC policy on a website? Because a TandC on a website says something it doesnt mean it will happen. If you read in a TandC that you will be killed, it doesn't mean your going to die, in the same way if a rental agreement says your not allowed children it isnt enforceable. IMHO some legal monkey has gone a little too far and not understood what a website is, and I doubt it could stand up in court.

IMHO What the TandC really/should mean:

When you are using the website your computer is temporally classed as owned by the US Gov

Any Requests sent between the website and your pc can be intercepted etc etc

I doesn't really matter what we think it should say/mean. They put it there for a reason.

Guest UK Debt Slave
The link is mostly, mostly.

bug.gif

subtle and clever stuff from the incorrigible Injin.......God he is annoying isn't he! ;)