House Price Crash Forum

Are Most People On Hpc Still Saving Hard For A Home?

Guest DisposableHeroes

HOLA441
Guest Daddy Bear
As long as it doesn't change to like it did in the 1st 2nd world war. I'm pretty happy with things, a slow recovery is just fine.
As long as it doesn't change to like it did in the 1st 2nd world war.

we've had nearly 70 years of relative peace...

still leaving your money on the table?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Guest DisposableHeroes
we've had nearly 70 years of relative peace...

still leaving your money on the table?

It's a shame, this was quite a positive thread.

HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest Daddy Bear
It's a shame, this was quite a positive thread.

sorry fella.

I am sure everything will be fine, property will drop 40%, we'll all be able to snap up 3/4 bed houses with land (with no mortgage) and our quality of life will get better and better.Wars are things of the past. Economically we are on the road to a recovery. All good.

DB

Edited by Daddy Bear

HOLA445
Guest Daddy Bear
anorthosite, what is the Hoff doing to that dog?

Forget the dog!

What I want to know is what the Hoff did to Ethel?

Edited by Daddy Bear

HOLA446
HOLA447
No, in fact have depleted my STR fund by around £5,000 since late 2007.

I've got that beat. Spent around 23k in unnecessary discretionary spending since the end of last year. Trips abroad, car change, toys. Pausing for breath for the time being. You save a little you spend a little. Still got a 25% deposit cash amount for a property which is steadily climbing.

Now's a spend time in my opinion.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Wow. That's all I can say - so many of you with your own online business, self-employed, or big paying jobs - I can only dream of such amounts of money. :(

EDIT - good reading this thread - love the comic moments e.g. need a time machine lol...

Edited by thomasross20

HOLA4410
Wow. That's all I can say - so many of you with your own online business, self-employed, or big paying jobs - I can only dream of such amounts of money. :(

EDIT - good reading this thread - love the comic moments e.g. need a time machine lol...

Don't worry, you're not on your own. I'm not in any major income bracket either.

HOLA4411
Guest Skinty

I had the same thoughts. I realised though that I needed a five year plan and a good idea. Then I would have something to work towards. The plan should involve steps such as getting out of debt and setting yourself up so that you can then start to mould your life the way you want it. For me money isn't the same aim, it's a particular lifestyle that I am after (reclusive and hidden away in the highlands whilst doing my own research)

It took me about a year to get the right idea. The plan is taking longer than originally intended but I realised that I had to extend it to sort out my circumstances in the short term. No matter though, I am still heading in the right direction.