House Price Crash Forum
getdoon_weebobby

Time To Accept That Meltdown Has Been Averted And A Very Slow Recovery May Be Beginning?

Guest KingCharles1st

WeeBobby-

-apart from having the most tasteless Avatar HPC has ever seen ((a meritable achievement) there is an obvious reason why your thread has as yet got no replies....

:unsure:

BUGGER

Edited by KingCharles1st

i hate to say it but could it be a possibility? (although i accept it is still a long slog - 3 mill unemployed - £1 trillion to pay back)

picture1jaz.jpg

Yep it looks that way when you read the MSM. Can we make the transition from 30% fundamentals/70% belief to a fully 100% belief based financial model, we are in interesting time.

Watch this if you want to rediscover your bear inside you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJNiMFFRu0g

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Yeah, it's all pure recovereh from here.

Tapdance and sing your way out of poverty.

I got no breaaaaaaaaad......

250k in the reeeeddddddddd..

But I'm happy in my soul...........

Mah pension's worth ****** all

I've got a cancer it ain't small

But I'm gonna tapdance mah way

To the Great Recoverehhhhhhh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah....

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Fortunately.

For complete financial meltdown would be no good for anybody.

My predicions now are that house prices I think will tick along until after the election. Following which interest rates will rise tio 10% +, and HPI will become massively negative. Until we reach 50% off peak. With over-correction, that will be nearer to 60% off peak.

The FTSE will tick along in the 3,000-5,000 range for the next five years.

Unemployment will reach 5m

This might indeed be the case.

We seem to have hit the bottom in demand for IT staff -

http://old.jobstats.co.uk/

Here's how it looks for permanent staff -

http://old.jobstats.co.uk/jobstats.d/Detai...NT.d/index.html

Here's how it is for contractors - note the definite trend up from the bottom - the demand for contractors tends to be a leading indicator as businesses need work doing, but are reluctant to take on permanent staff.

http://old.jobstats.co.uk/jobstats.d/Detai...TS.d/index.html

i hate to say it but could it be a possibility? (although i accept it is still a long slog - 3 mill unemployed - £1 trillion to pay back)

No chance. We have yet to see the effects of mass unemployment. This will come later in the year. Anyone with any sense if they looked at the economy would come to the conclusion it is a complete mess.

Yeah, it's all pure recovereh from here.

Tapdance and sing your way out of poverty.

I got no breaaaaaaaaad......

250k in the reeeeddddddddd..

But I'm happy in my soul...........

Mah pension's worth ****** all

I've got a cancer it ain't small

But I'm gonna tapdance mah way

To the Great Recoverehhhhhhh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah....

You bring joy to the world. You're wasted on proctology.

Not while we're borrowing this much just to stay afloat.

Exactly - the only reason the decline has been halted is because the government is borrowing money to plug the gap.

That money will run out, and then an even bigger gap will open up - especially if the government can't repay that debt.

who was it posted that list the other day with the bank earnings/bonus amounts ?

banks paying out a lot more than they have made, a hell of a lot more in some cases. :ph34r:

all you need is to see that info & you should understand what's happening & why.

picture1jaz.jpg

Yep it looks that way when you read the MSM. Can we make the transition from 30% fundamentals/70% belief to a fully 100% belief based financial model, we are in interesting time.

Watch this if you want to rediscover your bear inside you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJNiMFFRu0g

Ah....

Al those banks profits made from.... commissions from Fed and the Treasury, the major market activity

Not while we're borrowing this much just to stay afloat. Best we can hope for is Japan.

Exactly: meltdown and recovery are not the only options. There's also the possibility of slow grinding decline.

Also I'm not persuaded that meltdown has been averted, and I won't be until a lot of the debt that's out there has been repaid, defaulted, or diminished in terms of GDP.

So far what we've seen is an attempt to prevent full economic meltdown for the good of society. That seems to have worked.

There is a small matter of working through the basic economic problems that caused that potential for meltdown in the first place. This could take a bit longer cf Japan.

nothing, absolutely nothing has changed, meltdown still on course.

One thing has changed. As highlighted earlier, persistent ramping has now passed a tipping point and has brainwashed some (hitherto solid) bears. This could add an extra couple of months onto the dead cat bounce.

10/10 for effort to the BBC, Times, Stuart Lawz and all the other rampsters- MBEs all round for services to gordon.

One thing has changed. As highlighted earlier, persistent ramping has now passed a tipping point and has brainwashed some (hitherto solid) bears. This could add an extra couple of months onto the dead cat bounce.

10/10 for effort to the BBC, Times, Stuart Lawz and all the other rampsters- MBEs all round for services to gordon.

I am still not buying a house yet because I think there are considerable falls to come.

However I have taken the tin foil hat off. (But I keep it close to hand).