House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Noodle

Oil's Running Out Again

Guest KingCharles1st

It ran out for the first tiem in the 70's, it's cyclical....

Guest Parry aka GOD
It ran out for the first tiem in the 70's, it's cyclical....

Good job I filled up the moped thing two days ago. ;)

At current consumption, from what I can glean, there's not much more than 40 years supply of oil left in the current reserves. New reserves might be discovered but as world consumption rises those will be used up quickly too and that oil might not be made available to us anyway.

Oil has taken hundreds of thousands of years to form, yet the Oil Age has been less than 100 years in terms of significant consumption levels. Clearly it is unsustainable.

Oil running out is goiung to be a much bigger problem for us than Global Warming might be. But at least as the oil, gas and coal run out, we will be forced to lower the amount of CO2 we pump into the atmosphere that might or might not be affecting our climate.

However, the Independent of Sunday had a quack-science feature about the 'health risks' of living near wind turbines due to the ultrasound emitted by the rotating blades. If ultrasound is that dangerous to us, all helicopters should be grounded immediately and we should certainly never drive with our windows open or drive an open-topped car!!!

I wonder who planted this wind turbine scare story - was it nimbys or someone from the nuclear power lobby. Although I'm in support of wind power I wouldn't actually want to live very close to a turbine but most of the noise associated with them is from the gearbox that drives the generator - but a lot of the latest turbines have direct drive and so are much quieter.

Edited by blankster

Guest Parry aka GOD
At current consumption, from what I can glean, there's not much more than 40 years supply of oil left in the current reserves. New reserves might be discovered but as world consumption rises those will be used up quickly too and that oil might not be made available to us anyway.

Oil has taken hundreds of thousands of years to form, yet the Oil Age is less than 100 years in terms of significant consumption levels. Clearly it is unsustainable.

Oil running out is goiung to be a much bigger problem for us that Global Warming might be. But at least as the oil, gas and coal run out, we will be forced to lower the amount of CO2 we pump into the atmosphere that might or might not be affecting our climate.

However, the Independent of Sunday had a quack-science feature about the 'health risks' of living near wind turbines due to the ultrasound emitted by the rotating blades. If ultrasound is that dangerous to us, all helicopters should be grounded immediately and we should certainly never drive with our windows open or drive an open-topped car!!!

Far too serious for a Parry thread.

(Trapdoor opens)

Guest Parry aka GOD
Yeah, why don't them scientists pull their fingers out and fix it? The slackers.

Something about algae and palm tree turds. :huh:

Far too serious for a Parry thread.

OK, scrub what I said before and hear ye this instead:

My bottle of Flora sunflower oil is about 2/3 empty. If I don't buy a new one next time I go to Sainsbury's, I'll need to buy one the time after. :lol:

Guest Parry aka GOD
OK, scrub what I said before and hear ye this instead:

My bottle of Flora sunflower oil is about 2/3 empty. If I don't buy a new one next time I go to Sainsbury's, I'll need to buy one the time after. :lol:

Sunflowers! Oh they are pretty. There's some round the corner at an old neighbours house.

I tried stuffing them into the moped things fuel tank but it just broke down. :(

Fvckin' green people and their bu!!sh!t!

I wonder who planted this wind turbine scare story - was it nimbys or someone from the nuclear power lobby. Although I'm in support of wind power I wouldn't actually want to live very close to a turbine but most of the noise associated with them is from the gearbox that drives the generator - but a lot of the latest turbines have direct drive and so are much quieter.

Wouldn't bother me. In fact I'd like my own giant wind turbine in the garden which I could dismantle and take with me when I move house.

My approach to Nimby's would be to cut off their electricity supply. They will bring ruin on all of us. And the objection is really about their precious "house prices."

Guest Parry aka GOD
Cow farts.

Bag 'em and burn 'em.

Next.

Alternative sources, yes.

Since the UK is clearly running out of crude, a sustainable replacement is needed.

Fat chav birds!

Endless supply in the UK, only question; At what BMI would it be economic to turn them into oil?

Guest KingCharles1st
Alternative sources, yes.

Since the UK is clearly running out of crude, a sustainable replacement is needed.

Fat chav birds!

Endless supply in the UK, only question; At what BMI would it be economic to turn them into oil?

Hmmm- GREAT IDEA for a business!

I could get a Pikey Ford Transit pick up- and go round all the estates getting a load of fat blobchavs, (I could entice them onto the truck with a naked black bloke handing out free Pizza and wine) then take them to the chav squishing plant and sit in a queue waiting to be unloaded and get weighed in by the plant manager's assistant.

Guest Parry aka GOD

I could get a Pikey Ford Transit pick up- and go round all the estates getting a load of fat blobchavs, (I could entice them onto the truck with a naked black bloke handing out free Pizza and wine) then take them to the chav squishing plant and sit in a queue waiting to be unloaded and get weighed in by the plant manager's assistant.

Biochav plc

Biochav plc

You could recycle the chav wear via a chain of chav shops... Chav Direct. Also extract any gold or bling. Has Elizabeth Duke much gold content though?

Guest Skinty

That's old school thinking. We have to be sustainable now.

Round up the fat chavs, take them back and chain them up to an exercise bike hooked up so the energy can be stored. Don't feed them at all but give them a water dispenser which will provide water if they cycle enough miles. Leave them until they have either died or burnt off all their fat. Release back into the wild and pick them up again when they put on sufficient weight.

It's the chav form of coppicing.

Guest Parry aka GOD
You could recycle the chav wear via a chain of chav shops... Chav Direct. Also extract any gold or bling. Has Elizabeth Duke much gold content though?

You mean the substrate provides it's own catalyst? :o Bioengineering at it's finest.

Guest Parry aka GOD

Round up the fat chavs, take them back and chain them up to an exercise bike hooked up so the energy can be stored. Don't feed them at all but give them a water dispenser which will provide water if they cycle enough miles. Leave them until they have either died or burnt off all their fat. Release back into the wild and pick them up again when they put on sufficient weight.

Got to be why Nissan intends building that tiny electric car in the UK. Genius, Skinty, sustainability genius!!!

Edited by Parry aka GOD

I was thinking along similar lines but more high tech and more "matrix like."

Hook them up to high tech video games.

Extract body heat via heat pumps, calorific burn coming from their bodies having to compensate. Some peddling might help.

Guest Parry aka GOD
I was thinking along similar lines but more high tech and more "matrix like."

Hook them up to high tech video games.

Extract body heat via heat pumps, calorific burn coming from their bodies having to compensate. Some peddling might help.

Much like the cow puff, bag n' burn technology?