House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest KingCharles1st

Bbc Ramping This Morning- But- There's A Twist.

Guest KingCharles1st

On breakfast news around 8.30, there was a communication from some or other VI house building /selling federation, and the story starts with the newsman relaying "Average house prices in London have risen slightly, and are expected to increase by 30% within the near future." (can't remember the exact words. Then he goes on to state, "However, there may be a few years of further falls before the market starts to recover...." Again I can't remember the exact words.

Is this just some sort of covert subliminal campaign- I jsut sat there and thought WTF...

They're presumably referring to this:

House prices 'to recover slowly'

House prices in England will fall this year and next before recovering, the National Housing Federation forecasts.

It expects prices to fall 12.2% in 2009 and 4.6% next year, before stabilising in 2011 with a 1.1% rise and continuing to climb in the following years................

BBC

On breakfast news around 8.30, there was a communication from some or other VI house building /selling federation, and the story starts with the newsman relaying "Average house prices in London have risen slightly, and are expected to increase by 30% within the near future." (can't remember the exact words. Then he goes on to state, "However, there may be a few years of further falls before the market starts to recover...." Again I can't remember the exact words.

Is this just some sort of covert subliminal campaign- I jsut sat there and thought WTF...

I think you are referring to this

HPC link

Guest KingCharles1st
I think you are referring to this

HPC link

Yes- obviously it's too early for me.

However it's pretty cheeky to leave out the 10%+ falls on live TV, and then factor in a 30% increase that INCLUDES the start price AFTER the 10% fall- giving a real projected increase of 20%

IF the BBC are saying expect another 10+% I fully expect to see a true 20%, and then complete and utter STAGNATION for a VERY LONG TIME

As predicted here, many times....

The federation produces a forecast each year

And get it wrong each year...?

Yes I caught that too.

Those property price rampers of old, BBC London News were quoting some VI report saying that house prices in the capital would rise substantially (huzzah!) , but would fall in the short term (oh dear!).

Don't understand BBC London. Their reporting is always "left of centre" and anti conservative (`Rizzla Teeth` is openly hostile to Boris).

Unless of course it impacts on their BTL portfolios. :lol:

National Housing Federation, House Price Forecast, 03/Aug/2009

Figures by Oxford Exonomics:

House Price Inflation in England, for each year

2009 -12.2%

2010 -4.6%

2011 +1.1%

2012 +7.5%

2013 +8.4%

2014 +6.8%

Region, forecast to 2014

England - £227,800

North East – £155,700 (compared to £148,100 in 2007)

North West – £159,300 (£162,000 in 2007)

Yorkshire & Humberside – £175,600 (£163,600 in 2007)

East Midlands – £165,300 (£172,500 in 2007)

West Midlands – £180,500 (£178,400 in 2007)

East of England – £235,400 (£231,100 in 2007)

London – £354,900 (£329,200 in 2007)

South East – £293,600 (£267,000 in 2007)

South West – £225,400 (£224,500 in 2007).

NHF Release:

http://www.housing.org.uk/default.aspx?tab...;ArticleID=2312

Edited by spline

5Live's "Wake up to Money" covered this story today.

They started with an estate agent saying he disagrees with the NHF report, because he is seeing London prices rising with lack of supply.

The reporter sounded cynical of the agent's comments.

The spokeslady from NHF said they expected for the next couple of years a dip in average house prices because of unemployment, drop in lack of disposable income and ongoing mortgage difficulties.

Sounded like she spoke sense so far to me, BUT then she said they expected price increases after this time, because of the mismatch of supply and demand. :unsure:

She went on to say that there is an affordability crisis now, even with the predicted house price drops, because average house prices this year will still be over 10 times the average income, so even people with good incomes still cant afford to buy now, and they cannot afford the high deposits required.

Listen again available...near the end of the programme. Discussion of banks at beginning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/programmes/wakeup.shtml