House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
symo

Engineering In The Energy Sector

OK some of you know I work in a major part of the energy generation sector with experience of oil & gas and nuclear work. Receently after a thinnning of the jobs market (but un precedented rise in salaries) suddenly I am receiving a minimum of 2 phone calls a day. The jobs are spread across nuclear/O&G/generation/renewables and each offer gets more tempting.

However not the point of this message, what i can see is for all this new salary bill to be taken on then there will have to be a rise in energy in all its forms across the board. How fair house prices then?

Interesting to hear that the energy job market is picking up, unlike my experience of the telecoms engineering sector in the last few months. Can you say what type of skills are in demand and where most of the work is located?