House Price Crash Forum
shindigger

Christ On A Bike

Guest Parry aka GOD

Probably have the reverse effect and turn the UK into one big bar fight.

How about not taking on brain melting amounts of debt London.

All we need now are projections in Piccadilly ala V For Vendetta.

BE HAPPY CITIZEN!!

My favourite phrase springs to mind.

Bah, Humbug :angry:

Well I'm happy now that people are gradually realising they have been conned for the last ten years.

All I need now is for the masses to realise that 'Global Warming' is also a con and my happiness will be complete.

BTW we are not all going to die of swine flu.

For people to feel happier they need reasons of real substance not shallow spin.

For people to feel happy they need to know their needs are secured and their wants can be satisfied.

Its the Maslow thing.

At the moment people are concerned about employment and finances and this has implications for basics like food, shelter, relationships and status.

Churchill knew this when he said "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat".

When Churchill spoke the truth he showed integrity and that is what inspired the people. Today's politicians insult the intelligence of the people and that's why they'll never be held in anything like the same affection.

*Churchill's speech continued "We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering."

Edited by Dave Spart

Mr Parry - you appear to have transmogrified... i hope all is ok on Planet Bakhti Yoga? don't forget to eat plenty of greens

now thousands of Christs on bikes, a kind of Multipak Messiah-o-thon through the streets, singing 'there ain't nothing like a dame'... that would cheer me up

All I need to be happy all day is a dog with an itchy bottom and somebody else's carpet.

To be happy all week is to see a dog 'sledging' wearing one of those big plastic collar things.

That's weird!

Last night I had "Christ on a bike" in a dream. I said it to a god botherer friend of mine and he looked confused, so I said "Christicle on a bicycle" and he started laughing.

Then I saw Robert Mugabe (really, this was what I was dreaming when I woke up) and he was climbing up a wall, using the heels of his shoes to hang off some sort of sign.

I called him a "little monkey" and then turned to my Christian friend and said "my god, I just called the president of a black African country a monkey! I can't believe I got away with it!"

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Tapdance your way out of negative equity.

Hooray.

Smile your way through odious perpetual debt due to an inadequate monetary model.

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Hooray.

Smile your way through odious perpetual debt due to an inadequate monetary model.

Inadequate for who?

Guest Parry aka GOD

Hooray.

I tried that once.

Tapdancing.

Didn't work.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Inadequate for who?

About 90% of the population.

If it weren't for the fact that I feel strongly about providing a useful service to humanity, the logical choice of 'career' would be banking. I would just find the combination of being a gambler, useless eater and slaver entirely pointless.

Guest Parry aka GOD
About 90% of the population.

If it weren't for the fact that I feel strongly about providing a useful service to humanity, the logical choice of 'career' would be banking. I would just find the combination of being a gambler, useless eater and slaver entirely pointless.

One last waffer thin mint . . .

HPC wouldn't be a very good place to start an experiment trying to cheer people up.

At first there was misery because house prices were going up andd up and up

Then there was misery because they weren't coming down fast enough

Then there was misery because the world economy was collapsing quicker than house prices

Now there is misery because a recovery is under way

:(:(:(