House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darkman

Labour 'men-only Leadership' Over

Labour 'men-only leadership' over

One of Labour's top two posts should always be held by a woman, Deputy Leader Harriet Harman has told a paper.

She does "not agree with all-male leaderships" because men "cannot be left to run things on their own" she told the Sunday Times.

A balanced team of men and women make "better decisions," she added.

The MP reportedly tried to change the party's rules to ensure a female was always in a top job shortly after winning the deputy leadership contest.

In an interview with the paper, Ms Harman said she thought there would never be a men-only team of leadership in the Labour Party again.

"People would look at it and say, 'What? Are there no women in the party to be part of the leadership? Do men want to do it all themselves?'," she told the paper.

_44780679_harriet_harman_getty226b.jpg

This woman gives me the creeps. That is all.

BBC

I almost wonder if this story has been strategically leaked by No. 10 in order to deter further any possibility of a leadership challenge to Gordon. Were he to stand down, Harman (by virtue of having been elected Deputy Leader of the Labour Party, albeit under an arcane system and only by about 15% of the party's members and MPs) would automatically become PM until the leadership election process was concluded. If that happens, even if only for a couple of months or so, she could probably do enough damage to write off another 50-75 Labour seats. Your average C2, D or E Labour-voting male isn't going to respond to a feminist loon like Harm-man very positively.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
_44780679_harriet_harman_getty226b.jpg

This woman gives me the creeps. That is all.

BBC

I'm sure she's a well balanced individual with no personal agenda.

Guest KingCharles1st

Might be a tactic to develop the leadership challenge into a total shitfight, with this tactic designed to take votes away from Slimescqu and thereby keep our one true **** in power

Might be a tactic to develop the leadership challenge into a total shitfight, with this tactic designed to take votes away from Slimescqu and thereby keep our one true **** in power

I don't care who leads them. I don't think I'll every have to worry about a Labour government again in my lifetime.

Why doesn't she want the rules changed to ensure there is always equal representation for homosexuals, catholics, muslims, men with beards, women with beards, 32 year olds, 47 yr olds, blacks, asians, smokers, non-smokers, Welsh, Northerners, public school boys, sheep, transvestites, illegal immigrants and Tories.

She's a f*cking nutter. Keep her away from power at all costs.

Slimey idea.

Isn't it time for a female leader?

(Do they have any females in the labour party? They all seem a bit royston vasey ot me.)

Exactly. I don't have a problem with women in leadership. Thatcher was great. All Labour offer up is chicks with dicks.

im cancelling my MenOnly subscription if shes in the centrefold.

staple through the brain might help though.

The Ego is truly staggering.

IMPO she does not want equality for Wimmin, she wants superiority and, of course, she wants special conditions for her gender.

Listening to her, the Ego is truly staggering indeed.

From the article

Under her controversial new equality bill, women will find it easier to demand equal pay and employers will be given a legal right to discriminate in favour of female candidates.

is this a joke?

She's wonderful isn't she? Intellectually shallow beyond belief, she is living proof that people with silly socoal engineering agendas never let go. I wish interviewers would ask her a few key questions;

1. Doesn't she admire the Tories for electing a woman to leadership over 30 years ago?

2. Doesn't she admire them even more for having two leaders drawn from an ethnic minority?

As I heard a friend say over 30 years ago to enrage a strident feminist, if women were equal they would be.

"People would look at it and say, 'What? Are there no women in the party to be part of the leadership? Do men want to do it all themselves?'," she told the paper.

She said the party "owed it to women" to have a female in one of the two top jobs, to makes sure the concerns of women voters were properly taken into account when decisions were being made

Which absurdly asks us to believe she has any involvement in Gordos decisions...... :rolleyes: Even he, mentalist as he is, has more sense than that.

From the article

is this a joke?

Unfortunately not, a rationally run business though will choose the staff it needs without discrimination to not do so would surely hurt the business, now think about who is the biggest employer in this country.

Make you wanna weep.

You'd never hear Margaret Thatcher speaking such crap

That's the difference between a real leader and a dumb wannabe.

Note that Obama has no truck with that kind of crap, either.

I like women leaders: those I've encountered in my life have been good. But obviously they don't include the likes of Harfwit.

Right now, we need a generational leader, and I couldn't give a **** if it's a man or a woman. If only there were a credible prospect anywhere in the UK within striking distance of government. For just a moment I thought Philip Hammond looked interesting, but he looks much more Thatcher-wannabe than for real.

Harriet Harman is not interested in equality in general, she is only interested in replacing privileged men with privileged women -- she is only interested in equality within the previleged classes. She is the daughter of a Harley Street doctor and a solicitor and has no interest in advancement for working men and women. By putting more privileged women into politics she will be squeezing out those with working classes backgrounds thus, reducing social mobility in Britain even further.

There should be more women at the top of British politics by why do they always have to have a similar background, St Paul's Girls' School, etc, as Harriet Harman. People like Harriet Harman, who work in politics and business, consider men and women with working class backgrounds as "low quality" applicants. She has a low opinion of anyone who doesn't have the same upbringing as her.

HARRIET HARMAN

From the article

is this a joke?

Nope. She also did this with race. See the best way to do away with racial or gender discrimination is to legally enforce racial or gender discrimination. Its simple really. ALL white people are privileged. All women are disadvantaged. Allow me to illustrate;

Heres a priviledged white person. You can tell they are priviledged because they are white.

bum.jpg

Here is a disadvantaged non-white. You can tell they are disadvanted because they are not white.

obama-0000101219-obama0002-004.jpg

Its very similar for women too. Heres a women who has had no oppurtunities in life, held back by male oppression.

Cherie-Blair.jpg

And the man who through preferential treatment took her well deserved job

Burger-King-Employee-main_Full.jpg

Obviously there are no problems in putting people into such categories.

Nope. She also did this with race. See the best way to do away with racial or gender discrimination is to legally enforce racial or gender discrimination. Its simple really. ALL white people are privileged. All women are disadvantaged. Allow me to illustrate;

Obviously there are no problems in putting people into such categories.

This is the kind of prejudice that poor Harriet has faced all her life. As a victim of male oppression, she had to be one hundred times better than any mere man to get to where she is. Her brilliance is so much greater than yours that your are blinded by it, and through squinting eyes her god-like talent appears to you as dumb, slow witted, brainless, stupidity.

Fool.

Exactly. I don't have a problem with women in leadership. Thatcher was great. All Labour offer up is chicks with dicks.

Not even that: a man of similar [in]ability would never have risen as high as these ministerial "Blair Babes" (and that's saying something, given the mediocrity of New Labour's male contingent). Jackboots openly admitted she wasn't up to the job.

Kate Hoey is actually probably my favourite MP currently. Its just labour, a bit like the civil service tend to promote the crap, those who dissent the least and who are so useless and inept they pose no threat to Gordon and maybe even manage to make him look like a preferential choice.

Harman excels in this area.