House Price Crash Forum

New Arrival

HPCbeliever

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
We rent our property with a young child (so it is already as a family). We are soon to have another baby. Do I have any obligation to tell the landlord?

The only reason I can think of would be if it meant you were statutorily overcrowded in terms of square footage per person. Unlikely unless it's a studio flat - even a one-bed plus living room would be OK unless one of the rooms was tiny.

Edited by cartimandua51

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
I think the answer though is no - but you might want to tell your neighbours to give them notice to move out before they have to listen to your screaming baby at 3am!

I watched Eraserhead last night and that sentence has taken on a whole new meaning.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
The only reason I can think of would be if it meant you were statutorily overcrowded in terms of square footage per person. Unlikely unless it's a studio flat - even a one-bed plus living room would be OK unless one of the rooms was tiny.

And even if you were overcrowded, I don't think there's anything anybody could do about it until your AST runs out.

HOLA4411
I watched Eraserhead last night and that sentence has taken on a whole new meaning.

I last watched that film at college (over 20 years ago now) with the assitance of some Lysergic Acid which was not such a good idea but it seemed like fun at the time. It left me in a bit of a state, haven't dared to watch it since.

Oh the reckless things we do in our Youth!!!!

Edited by Matt Henson

HOLA4412
HOLA4413