House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

British Gas Current £59 Boiler Service Offer

The cynic in me says,

Something's broke... its not safe... but its obsolete so you can't get spares...

I can put a new one in for one miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillion dollars

The cynic in me says,

Something's broke... its not safe... but its obsolete so you can't get spares...

I can put a new one in for one miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillion dollars

You've hit on one of the reasons I stuck this post up. Anyone had this happen?

Avoid it. British gas will use it as an opportunity to slap a 'condemed' notice on your boiler, with the offer of replacing it for a discount. If you do go for the offer, be sure not to sign anything admitting that the boiler is in any way defective (unless you know it is).

Happened to a friend of mine, his neighbour had already fallen for it and spent a fortune replacing a perfectly good boiler. Anyway, said friend told the British gas guy to piss off out, slapped half a dozen carbon monixide detectors around the 'condemened' boiler, none of which read any more than a base reading.

British gas guy got all snooty and called transco to cut off the gas supply. They sent an engineer round who admitted the boiler was perfectly safe. Apparently there is a tidy little 'arrangement' between British gas engineers and some of the boiler manufacturers.

Avoid it. British gas will use it as an opportunity to slap a 'condemed' notice on your boiler, with the offer of replacing it for a discount. If you do go for the offer, be sure not to sign anything admitting that the boiler is in any way defective (unless you know it is).

Happened to a friend of mine, his neighbour had already fallen for it and spent a fortune replacing a perfectly good boiler. Anyway, said friend told the British gas guy to piss off out, slapped half a dozen carbon monixide detectors around the 'condemened' boiler, none of which read any more than a base reading.

British gas guy got all snooty and called transco to cut off the gas supply. They sent an engineer round who admitted the boiler was perfectly safe. Apparently there is a tidy little 'arrangement' between British gas engineers and some of the boiler manufacturers.

That's what I feared. Thanks a lot for the info. I'll get some local Corgi guy to do it.

That's what I feared. Thanks a lot for the info. I'll get some local Corgi guy to do it.

A gas boiler "service" consists of a five minute scoot round with a vacuum cleaner.I do mine myself.

Is there nothing in this country that isn't corrupt?

Politicians

British Gas

Juries trying Stevie G. :lol:

The numerous 'fake charities'