House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hedgefunded

Another Urban Myth That's Just Plain Wrong

I know how you feel. I watched Ben Hur twice and didn't see any bloody Minis.

Guest theboltonfury
I know how you feel. I watched Ben Hur twice and didn't see any bloody Minis.

I have still never been able find the red car during the chariot scene. Has anyone else seen it? I have seen the 'actual death' a number of times though. Can't believe they left it in.

http://www.my-best-films.co.uk/6-ben-hur-legends-debunked/

Says both sports car and death are incorrect.

At the start of Five Go Mad on Mescalin when they get up to grab their bikes Jennifer Saunders falls flat on her face and then gets back up again, I mention it because I have never heard it mentioned anywhere.

At 1:14 if you're hideously impatient.

Guest theboltonfury
http://www.my-best-films.co.uk/6-ben-hur-legends-debunked/

Says both sports car and death are incorrect.

At the start of Five Go Mad on Mescalin when they get up to grab their bikes Jennifer Saunders falls flat on her face and then gets back up again, I mention it because I have never heard it mentioned anywhere.

At 1:14 if you're hideously impatient.

Many thanks.

You've just saved me having to watch Ben Hur again next Christmas.

Many thanks.

You've just saved me having to watch Ben Hur again next Christmas.

What about the Landrover tracks in the ancient desert, and the Roman soldier in a battle scene with a wrist watch on?

Have you logged them yet?

Guest theboltonfury
What about the Landrover tracks in the ancient desert, and the Roman soldier in a battle scene with a wrist watch on?

In the film Predator you can clearly see a human face in the fight seen in the swamp at the end.

I knew that Predator weren't a real alien! I knew it.

I just watched the entire car chase in The Italian Job (original version) and nowhere could I see a Roman chariot.

Why do people start these stupid myths?

Ive never heard of this one?

people start myths for attention, because the are sad friendless freaks who feel a level of inadequacy.

Another similar symtom is those that "big up" a story, have a look at the flu pandemic thread to see how sad little losers attempt to inject some attention too their lives.

They need a decent hobby really

Guest theboltonfury

people start myths for attention, because the are sad friendless freaks who feel a level of inadequacy.

Another similar symtom is those that "big up" a story, have a look at the flu pandemic thread to see how sad little losers attempt to inject some attention too their lives.

Or they start them to make a fortune. Y2K springs to mind.

Wasn't it Fyffes, the fruit importers, that made up the myth that smoking banana skins got you high?

Or am I the victim of an urban myth about an urban myth?

You post with no sense of irony.

www.snopes.com is an excellent resource for myth-busting.

And very useful for checking out the veracity of those endless chainmails about such nonsense as popping corn using four mobiles.

Before you send 'em on and to the aware, male yourself look a complete fruitcake for believing such stuff!

Etc.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/benhur.asp

Guest theboltonfury
www.snopes.com is an excellent resource for myth-busting.

And very useful for checking out the veracity of those endless chainmails about such nonsense as popping corn using four mobiles.

Before you send 'em on and to the aware, male yourself look a complete fruitcake for believing such stuff!

Etc.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/benhur.asp

good link. Some of the errrors in movies that did make the cut are quite staggering too.

It's a complete myth about their being a red mini in the background during the 1st moon landing, but there is definitely a red bus.

good link. Some of the errrors in movies that did make the cut are quite staggering too.

Was watching the recent Indiana Jones movie last night and noticed that when they had lightening flashes in a thunderstorm scene, the sound came at exactly the same time as the flashes...as opposed to the few seconds delay in real life.

Was watching the recent Indiana Jones movie last night and noticed that when they had lightening flashes in a thunderstorm scene, the sound came at exactly the same time as the flashes...as opposed to the few seconds delay in real life.

The delay depends how far away you are from the storm.

Guest anorthosite
The delay depends how far away you are from the storm.

And speaking from experience, if you're that close you usually just about soil yourself.

Guest theboltonfury

Once in Eastenders, Phil called his brother Ross, when he should have called him Grant. That got left in.

In "The Battle of Britain" i.e. 1940 there's a plastic front door bell on the house where the squadron leader lives!