House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric pebble

Word On The Street: Struggling To Sell, Failing To Buy...

Word on the street: struggling to sell, failing to buy...

Desperate to sell, with nowhere to go, is no place to be. But am I panicking?

Quite a lot of the usual crap.... talking it all up - saying there's a sort of recoverah!!

BUT --- I liked this line:

"The property market has virtually ground to a halt, says Nick Hopkinson, of Property Portfolio Rescue. "It is hard to see any sustained house-price recovery."

:P

Read all here: - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/proper...ing-to-buy.html

Recession: When your neighbor loses his job.

Depression: When you lose your job.

Recovery: When Brown loses his job.

Ha! Nice.

Recession: When your neighbor loses his job.

Depression: When you lose your job.

Recovery: When Brown loses his job.

Recovery: When Brown loses his job; Banksters are prosecuted and thrown into jail for 35 years for gross fraud and dishonesty. & When all banks are made into utilities owned 100% by all of us, and employees ALL on fixed salaries.

It IS pretty shocking how few people have been jailed for this mess.

The average Joe isn't going to buy any of this, though - there are guys I know who are smart beyond words yet they are still going on about doing their places up, making a move at some point. Nothing's going to change until the place they want to sell drastically falls in 'value.'

Places around here definitely falling, though now the pace has slowed somewhat - in limbo until the final crash, I reckon. Still can't 'afford' anything properly.

It IS pretty shocking how few people have been jailed for this mess.

The average Joe isn't going to buy any of this, though - there are guys I know who are smart beyond words yet they are still going on about doing their places up, making a move at some point. Nothing's going to change until the place they want to sell drastically falls in 'value.'

Places around here definitely falling, though now the pace has slowed somewhat - in limbo until the final crash, I reckon. Still can't 'afford' anything properly.

Amazing how few have been sued either. Sell trillions in dodgy derivatives and no legal action? Very odd.

I'm very, very surprised. Especially when you see law-suits against parents trying to protect their kids from thugs etc... yet no action regarding trillion dollar scams? It's ridiculous - maybe I just don't understand persecution and the legal system. There should be some sort of 'common sense law'.

It's clear that nothing's going to change. I'm not endorsing them AT ALL, but the only thing that seemed to scare the lot was when the BNP got a fair number of vites not long ago. Eugh, what a horrible situation...

Guest happy?
Word on the street: struggling to sell, failing to buy...

Desperate to sell, with nowhere to go, is no place to be. But am I panicking?

Quite a lot of the usual crap.... talking it all up - saying there's a sort of recoverah!!

BUT --- I liked this line:

"The property market has virtually ground to a halt, says Nick Hopkinson, of Property Portfolio Rescue. "It is hard to see any sustained house-price recovery."

:P

Read all here: - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/proper...ing-to-buy.html

Interesting personal anecdote. It makes nonsense of any claim of significance in the reported rise in house prices. Too little activity in the market to determine anything useful other than the fact that the market's all but shut-up shop.

If, after pumping billions into the market we are seeing negligible activity one wonders what the next phase is once that money has worked-through.

Interesting personal anecdote. It makes nonsense of any claim of significance in the reported rise in house prices. Too little activity in the market to determine anything useful other than the fact that the market's all but shut-up shop.

If, after pumping billions into the market we are seeing negligible activity one wonders what the next phase is once that money has worked-through.

Read this - http://market-ticker.org/archives/1273-The...Government.html - it says it all..... :rolleyes:

Stop press: Dippy journalist mistakes airing cupboard for bedroom.

:rolleyes: Those properdee tv programmes .... when some bint goes into a room - and goes "OOOhhhhh, oooh, aaaah," - like an orgasm.......

PATHETIC.