House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

What Happened To Tony Blair's Cafe Culture?

Guest KingCharles1st
I've looked everywhere for it...

You mean groups of housewives spending hubby's city loot with their friends in a highly sophisticated way?

Well due to financials they are having to "host at home" now.

But before long, they will have to get off their paid for asses and do a day job- while keeping up appearances by telling their friends- "My old boss was DESPERATE I went back.."

I've looked everywhere for it...

They've all gone home. Have you not noticed? It's been p1ssing with rain. :lol::lol::lol:

What the fantasy that British towns could be reinvented as Northern Italian Rennaisance towns?

The flaw was that Italian society has genuine community underpinned by strong shared familial and religious values.

What the fantasy that British towns could be reinvented as Northern Italian Rennaisance towns?

The flaw was that Italian society has genuine community underpinned by strong shared familial and religious values.

Yes. I think Blair missed that. They have community and we have multicultural overcrowding.

Guest KingCharles1st
Yes. I think Blair missed that. They have community and we have multicultural overcrowding.

Observation- it seems that the most developed multicultural and free living society in the world (i.e. the French) have always been notable in the UK by their absence in large numbers- this must say something in itself...

Guest skullingtonjoe
Observation- it seems that the most developed multicultural and free living society in the world (i.e. the French) have always been notable in the UK by their absence in large numbers- this must say something in itself...

I think Albert Road in Portsmouth has had a half-hearted attempt (the Citrus cafe). However, walking past there one summer someone had left the kitchen door open. Filthy does not describe it :(

What is all this crap about `cafe culture` anyway; Blair`s also the one who invited all those `celebrities` to Downing Street when he was prattling on about `cool Brittania`. Only thing cool about this place is the weather - it`s grey and p1ssing down in Portsmouth today :(

Italian society is largely homogenous, they are proud of their history and culture, they are patriotic and proud, largely driving Fiats and Alfas... Britain was very similar a few decades ago. But then Italy hasn't had unwanted mass 3rd world immigration to the extent of the UK, or enforced multiculturalism. The differences between the two societies are stark and obvious.

Guest skullingtonjoe
Italian society is largely homogenous, they are proud of their history and culture, they are patriotic and proud, largely driving Fiats and Alfas... Britain was very similar a few decades ago. But then Italy hasn't had unwanted mass 3rd world immigration to the extent of the UK, or enforced multiculturalism. The differences between the two societies are stark and obvious.

Visited Italy a few times and I quite liked the place, Obviously, haven`t tried living there, but I suppose if you at least attempt to learn the language it would help. Like any society, it`s probably far from perfect, but I guess you could probably go for an evening out without getting bleach chucked over you :angry: :(

It goes to show just how away with the faries Bliar (and the rest of the Labour upper echelons) are if the ever thought the majority of Britain could resemble a scene out of a quiet Northern Italian town. Even the weather alone doesn't permit it.

One wonders when the last time any of them spent time out on the actual streets of our dim and gray land were?

It goes to show just how away with the faries Bliar (and the rest of the Labour upper echelons) are if the ever thought the majority of Britain could resemble a scene out of a quiet Northern Italian town. Even the weather alone doesn't permit it.

One wonders when the last time any of them spent time out on the actual streets of our dim and gray land were?

It has been a bloody miserable July, weatherwise. The unpredictability is the worst bit. Looks sunny one minute, then torrential downpours the next. You cant plan anything.