House Price Crash Forum

**** Reduced To Sell ****

HOLA441

Just came across this little gem on rightmove - not the house but the headline. I'm tempted to call in the morning and ask what is was priced to do before - maybe priced to humour, or priced to take the p155, or maybe priced to fill a blind spot in the shop window - btw it's still overpriced by at least 40%. I keep hearing about the recovereh but here in south Manchester all I see is the same properties that have been on for 18 Months + with the odd token reduction every now & then moving from agent to agent. Every now & then there's a fanfare from an agent proclaiming the bargain of a lifetime - yours for only 200k over the odds rather than 210k. I'm thinking of setting up a Dragons Den stylee operation - find some like minded souls who have the will and the means to buy a home (not an investment) and have people come along with their agent & try to sell us their house. convince us you're serious about selling and let's talk turkey - having some fun at the agents expense. "so Mr estate agent, tell me again wtf possessed you to think anyone would be stupid enough to pay this price" I think it would make good tv and help educate the sheeple at the same time. Anyone interested?

HOLA442
I'm thinking of setting up a Dragons Den stylee operation - find some like minded souls who have the will and the means to buy a home (not an investment) and have people come along with their agent & try to sell us their house. convince us you're serious about selling and let's talk turkey - having some fun at the agents expense. "so Mr estate agent, tell me again wtf possessed you to think anyone would be stupid enough to pay this price" I think it would make good tv and help educate the sheeple at the same time. Anyone interested?

It is frustrating. Some 'For Sale' boards in South Manchester Manchester I'd sometimes imagine pinning a 'HPC'-styled flyer to.

Pinned onto boards where the seller's asking price is utterly crazy, or houses with stupid layouts, very bad-taste interiors proven on Rightmove. [Fubra probably wouldn't allow it though.]

A flyer in a similar theme to the ones used by members at www.barryboys.co.uk. Some of the braver posters put their flyers behind the windscreen wiper of any awfully modded cars they find. Corsas with very ugly big-body kits and so on.

A flyer'd car often brings the owner to the forum, finding the thread where their car has been discussed. They often get outraged, defend their judgement, taste, money they've spent modding, or their very hopeful selling-price when they are trying to get rid. It can be hilarious over there.

barryboys_flyer.jpg

post-12306-1249098851_thumb.jpg

HOLA443

The Dragons den type programe would be such a hit! Thats a really good idea, i doubt the beeb would go for it though!

The flyers however. This is something we could do, i often go out jogging after dark. could easily take some flyers and a staple gun, would be so funny, If we targeted empty buy to let houses nobody would notice untill the estate agent turned up, and had to explain it to the potential buyers. who if like me, usually do a drive by first to chheck it out. A flyer saying "OVER PRICED" "read more at HPC" lol, brilliant.

HOLA444
Just came across this little gem on rightmove - not the house but the headline. I'm tempted to call in the morning and ask what is was priced to do before - maybe priced to humour, or priced to take the p155, or maybe priced to fill a blind spot in the shop window - btw it's still overpriced by at least 40%. I keep hearing about the recovereh but here in south Manchester all I see is the same properties that have been on for 18 Months + with the odd token reduction every now & then moving from agent to agent. Every now & then there's a fanfare from an agent proclaiming the bargain of a lifetime - yours for only 200k over the odds rather than 210k. I'm thinking of setting up a Dragons Den stylee operation - find some like minded souls who have the will and the means to buy a home (not an investment) and have people come along with their agent & try to sell us their house. convince us you're serious about selling and let's talk turkey - having some fun at the agents expense. "so Mr estate agent, tell me again wtf possessed you to think anyone would be stupid enough to pay this price" I think it would make good tv and help educate the sheeple at the same time. Anyone interested?

Linky ?

HOLA445

I hope you writing snotty letters to the south manchester free papers

"I've realised I've been giving directions for the last 18 months by referring to the house for sale near me. It's a good job they use decent wood for the posts else it would have rotted away by now!"

Or

"House prices are definately starting to slide in South Manchester, a quick look at land registry sales figures (on sites like houseprices.co.uk) shows that asking prices are way over prices actually achieved."

EDIT: What road has the most for sale signs on?

Edited by SarahBell