House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mega

What Happening With The $ ?

Er - his comments would be equally true about the UK, I would think.

The "improvement" in activity has been bought with debt.

Quite. As the IMF pointed out, it's a race to the bottom between the US and the UK. Both currencies are toast.

Gold reflecting the dollar's plight.

Currently $954 an ounce. Should have added, up around $20.

Edited by Errol

Guest Daddy Bear
So what are they betting on?

Extra QE?

(leading to)

Debased-currency-type Inflation?

I Keep telling you all - Hyperinflation

When will the penny drop?

Guest theboltonfury

Hi DB

Why are all your posts now in the style of a man who's just bought a house and is praying to God that he is correct for fear of spunking his load early.

Must be hyperinflation. Must be hyperinflation. Must be hyperinflation. Must be hyperinflation. It's gotta be?

Repeat to fade.

Faling dollar causes inflation in the US and in US linked currencies. Why will it cause inflation elsewhere?

Faling dollar causes inflation in the US and in US linked currencies. Why will it cause inflation elsewhere?

Our currency is failing as well.

It's not really a big deal. A lot of people have been betting against GBP lately and set up positions with stops at the recent high 1.655. It went through that today and exploded to the upside straight up to 1.67. It's just a technical thing really.#

From a trading point of view I personally am wary of shorting GBP too much over the summer, it seems to be in the mood to grind higher.

It's not really a big deal. A lot of people have been betting against GBP lately and set up positions with stops at the recent high 1.655. It went through that today and exploded to the upside straight up to 1.67. It's just a technical thing really.#

From a trading point of view I personally am wary of shorting GBP too much over the summer, it seems to be in the mood to grind higher.

It was a dollar move. It's peering into the void...................

Our currency is failing as well.

No the pound has risen 15% this year. Yes I know it's from low levels but relatively the pound has done well over the last 6 months. Inflation will rise in the uk but I don't see how it's dollar related.

Guest Daddy Bear
Hi DB

Why are all your posts now in the style of a man who's just bought a house and is praying to God that he is correct for fear of spunking his load early.

Must be hyperinflation. Must be hyperinflation. Must be hyperinflation. Must be hyperinflation. It's gotta be?

Repeat to fade.

Why are nearly all the posts on this website in the style of a man who cannot afford a house and is praying to God that they correct for fear of never being able to afford a house.

Must be a HPC. Must be a HPC. Must be a HPC. Must be a HPC.

For the record

DEFLATION would be preferable to me

I bought my house at 32% below peak and I STR'd about 10% at the very peak at a sum much greater then even the EA's valued it at.

I have a very small mortgage fixed for 10 years at 4.99%.

I could not give a monkeys about house prices anymore as I am in the final family home and never intend to sell.

What fascinates me is this has gone far beyond House prices and the majority on here are blinkered to that.

We shall see.

Plus I cannot wait to go " MUAH HA HA HA HA HA A HA !!!" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

No the pound has risen 15% this year.

Oh, well that's just fine then! lol. I'm thinking much longer term than that. Who cares about a 15% rise?

Currency volatity is unhealthy. In early March the US$ was below £1.40, today it is £1.67.

So US$ deposits, which would earn 1% or 2% per annum have depreciated 20% in 5 months in sterling terms.

This rate of change makes the house price drops look pedestrian. This turns international trade into a gamble, and if companies buy insurance to hedge against this volatility then the mug punter picks up the bill.