House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurt Barlow

Anyone Had Confirmed Swine Flu Yet?

Anyone had it yet?

Im working from home today as I have a terrible headache and ache all over. No cough or sore throat. I feel like shit but can cope with emails / phone calls.

Guest Steve Cook
Anyone had it yet?

Im working from home today as I have a terrible headache and ache all over. No cough or sore throat. I feel like shit but can cope with emails / phone calls.

not yet....

And I've been bleeding looking to get infected!

If you take a look at the swine flu map of England, York seems to be some weird kind of infection free oasis....

not yet....

And I've been bleeding looking to get infected!

If you take a look at the swine flu map of England, York seems to be some weird kind of infection free oasis....

Try the London Underground

Thats where I was for half of Tuesday :(

Guest absolutezero
Anyone had it yet?

Yes.

Never felt so ill in my whole life.

Anyone had it yet?

I thinks it`s unlikely that people will be tested now for swine flu unless they die. Chap at work showed signs two weeks ago, Headache, aching muscles and sore throat and was told by his GP that he has suspected Swine flu, don`t bother coming in to the surgery and take 5 days off work and avoid people.

He came back to work after 4 days and he was fine but he will be down as a sufferer of swine flu on the stats.

Bet your looking forward to the recovereh Kurt...

I thinks it`s unlikely that people will be tested now for swine flu unless they die. Chap at work showed signs two weeks ago, Headache, aching muscles and sore throat and was told by his GP that he has suspected Swine flu, don`t bother coming in to the surgery and take 5 days off work and avoid people.

He came back to work after 4 days and he was fine but he will be down as a sufferer of swine flu on the stats.

Bet your looking forward to the recovereh Kurt...

Knowing my luck it is a cold with flu like symptoms and I will get SF in the middle of the winter with all the risk of secondary infections :angry:

Guest theboltonfury
Anyone had it yet?

Had the exact same symptoms but got better in about 3 days. Wasn't really that bad, if it was the Swine.

I've had it since saturday. Felt a bit low the first couple of days and workred from home, thought I was getting better yesterday (went back to the office) and then had an absolutely awful, feverish night.

Proper sick day today. Watched loads of YouTube (Noureil Roubini's 35 minute piece was good), read all the blogs, feeling slightly better. ;)

Wife had it for a week, daughter #2 had it for a week, hopefully daughter #1 won't get it while we're on holiday.

i started with it 2 weeks ago & still feel rough now :(

classic flu symptoms - ache all over, no energy, mild sniffle & cough, headache. worst for me was/is the tightness in the chest. no infection, just feels like you're gripped in a vice & can't get your breath. rather unpleasant!

did a quick shufty around with the vacuum yesterday, thought my right arm was going to drop off & i couldn't breathe! :blink: very pathetic, so i've just gone back to watching tv & wasting hours on the net... ;)

might have taken more out of me as i'd only just got over a sickness virus the previous week, oh to be healthy!

Had the exact same symptoms but got better in about 3 days. Wasn't really that bad, if it was the Swine.

The trouble with northerners is that they are generally so miserable that a bout of swine flu is like water of a duck's back. Suggest that only soft southerners replies count.

p-o-p

i started with it 2 weeks ago & still feel rough now :(

classic flu symptoms - ache all over, no energy, mild sniffle & cough, headache. worst for me was/is the tightness in the chest. no infection, just feels like you're gripped in a vice & can't get your breath. rather unpleasant!

did a quick shufty around with the vacuum yesterday, thought my right arm was going to drop off & i couldn't breathe! :blink: very pathetic, so i've just gone back to watching tv & wasting hours on the net... ;)

might have taken more out of me as i'd only just got over a sickness virus the previous week, oh to be healthy!

Sounds similar to my symptoms although breathing is fine.

Tired as well - slept from 7-12pm last night and then from 1am to 8am

Anyone had it yet?

Can I ask out of interest why this is posted in 'House prices and the economy'?

Because Kurt is handy with a chainsaw..........

Guest absolutezero
Sounds similar to my symptoms although breathing is fine.

Tired as well - slept from 7-12pm last night and then from 1am to 8am

Day 3 to day 5 was the worst. Shivers and fever in bed at night. Awful.

The doctor said a week to 10 days should clear it.

I'm now pretty much back to normal. Think I might have a sinus infection as a result of it because I feel a bit dizzy and stuffy now and again.

This is day 13.

Because Kurt is handy with a chainsaw..........

Oh right. I thought that the fact it was off-topic might mean it should be posted in a off-topic kinda place and that NHS direct have a splendid site for all this information.

Swine flu - absenteeism, falling economic activity / productivity

Could affect house prices ;)

A fortnight ago I had a sharp pain in the head headache, stiff neck, runny nose, became congested in the chest, cough, aching all over, felt weak and didn't want to get out of bed for about 3 or 4 days. It lasted about 5 days and still feel a tad weak now.

Drank loads of fluids, took beechams hot lemon, didn't have much of an appetite for a few days.

I have had full blown flu before and have been really, really ill for 10 days at a time and not felt right a couple of months later. It was nothing like that but I hope I did have it and that I had it mild.

If it was not all this talk of swine flu' I would have thought I just had a Summer cold - which, of course, it might have been.

Swine flu - absenteeism, falling economic activity / productivity

Could affect house prices ;)

Sure they can. Not really tied into the original thread though was it? And all anyone is doing is discussing what they might as well read on NHS direct.

I dont mind that much but the 'House price and the economy forum' gets inundated with completely off-topic threads which in turn bump useful, on-topic stuff out of existance.

Sure they can. Not really tied into the original thread though was it? And all anyone is doing is discussing what they might as well read on NHS direct.

I dont mind that much but the 'House price and the economy forum' gets inundated with completely off-topic threads which in turn bump useful, on-topic stuff out of existance.

Normally these get an airing on the main forum before a moderator sweeps it into off topic.

If you enquire there may be openings for wannabe moderators ;)

A fortnight ago I had a sharp pain in the head headache, stiff neck, runny nose, became congested in the chest, cough, aching all over, felt weak and didn't want to get out of bed for about 3 or 4 days. It lasted about 5 days and still feel a tad weak now.

Drank loads of fluids, took beechams hot lemon, didn't have much of an appetite for a few days.

I have had full blown flu before and have been really, really ill for 10 days at a time and not felt right a couple of months later. It was nothing like that but I hope I did have it and that I had it mild.

If it was not all this talk of swine flu' I would have thought I just had a Summer cold - which, of course, it might have been.

Sounds like what I had - but think I had it milder.

Just feel really tired. No interest in exercising - which is unusual.

Lack of appetite for over a week - not bad but not eating like a horse as per normal.

Sore head - on and off.

Sore throat - but not too bad.

Blocked nose.

Cough - especially when I sit or lie down.

Sore chest - not too bad but not pleasant.

Felt this was for a over a week now. Don't feel too bad and working/going out as per usual. Whatever I have it is not the normal flu. Had that once before and it is horrific.

Think I may be a mild Swine victim. Where do I get my compensation ?

Sounds like what I had - but think I had it milder.

Just feel really tired. No interest in exercising - which is unusual.

Lack of appetite for over a week - not bad but not eating like a horse as per normal.

Sore head - on and off.

Sore throat - but not too bad.

Blocked nose.

Cough - especially when I sit or lie down.

Sore chest - not too bad but not pleasant.

Felt this was for a over a week now. Don't feel too bad and working/going out as per usual. Whatever I have it is not the normal flu. Had that once before and it is horrific.

Think I may be a mild Swine victim. Where do I get my compensation ?

Apparently the key home test is the 5 Knuckle Shuffle Test

Feel up to it - its a cold

No way - its the flu

:lol:

Had it last week.

=> Fever

=> Cough

=> Muscle Aches

=> Extream Tiredness

I generally don't get ill and fight these things off easily.

Caught it on a flight back from Ibiza on saturday night. Was back at work on thursday. Tuesday was the only really bad day. What catches you out it the extream tiredness... I worked from home mon/tue/wed and fell asleep at the keyboard on Tuesday!

Apparently the key home test is the 5 Knuckle Shuffle Test

Feel up to it - its a cold

No way - its the flu

:lol:

Who said the NHS Swine flu helpline was a waste of money?

I had these minus the runny nose and plus an intermittent fever, felt rough for 3 days and tired / not right for about 6 days. But nothing like the flu I had in the past. I think it was a random virus but not Swine, but am in the stats as a "probable" (spoke to doctor as I have close family with underlying conditions. The doc, on a tick box matrix, thought I probably had it. I didn't and still don't).

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

What I did when I had it was to cover the patient's chair with a thin, almost imperceptible layer of snot all over the arms and on parts of the desk where the patient might put their hands. Then, if they were the frail owner of a particularly nice old property, I would try to time a huge sneeze about a second before they opened the door.

I reckon I got rid of about half a dozen that way.