House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrashedOutAndBurned

S-h-i-t-h-e-a-d Nulabour Scum

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8177561.stm

British hacker Gary McKinnon has lost his latest High Court bid to avoid extradition to the United States.

The US wants to try the 43-year-old, from Wood Green, north London, for what it calls the biggest military computer hack of all time, in 2001 and 2002.

Mr McKinnon admits hacking, but denies it was malicious or that he caused damage costing $800,000 (£487,000).

Whether or not he can appeal to the UK Supreme Court will be decided at a later date, Lord Justice Burnton said.

He said it was a matter which should be dealt with "as expeditiously as possible".

'Lawful and proportionate'

Glasgow-born Mr McKinnon had challenged refusals by the home secretary and the director of public prosecutions (DPP) to try him in the UK.

The home secretary insists he has no power to demand the trial take place in the UK.

The DPP refused to order a UK trial, saying the bulk of the evidence was located in the US and Mr McKinnon's actions were directed against the US military infrastructure.

Gary McKinnon

He's very ill, he's got really bad chest pains, it's affected him emotionally, mentally, every way, he's terrified

Janis Sharp

Gary McKinnon profile

He had also asked the court to rule on whether his Asperger's Syndrome meant he could not be extradited to the US.

I'd love to see that **** Alan Johnson locked up and repeatedly bum-raped. To think this deeply sick ******* is the best NuLabour could float as a successor to Gordon Brownshirt. I have nothing but contempt for parliament.

One-way extradition treaty designed to fight terrorism throughly misused by US lawyers.

This bloke deserves nothing more than a slap on the wrist and the government have abandoned him to his fate with less concern than they show for foreign terrorists.

For whose benefit is this country being run?

if anything he did them a favour by exposing weaknesses in their systems, they should put him in a hotel over there, drop the case, and send him home with compo - if they had any decency

if anything he did them a favour by exposing weaknesses in their systems, they should put him in a hotel over there, drop the case, and send him home with compo - if they had any decency

A few people involved in the systems that he hacked have voiced that very opinion.

This is a disgraceful miscarriage of justice. And a spineless climbdown from the Labour MPs who threatened to rebel but didn't have the guts to go through with it

Guest X-QUORK

It wouldn't be quite so bad if one believed he'd receive a fair sentence in the US, but chances are he'll go down for 70 years or something completely out of context with the crime. The imbalance between US and UK extradition requirements is completely unjust and just goes to show who the bitch is in the relationship.

not all americans are surely that incredibly stupid or rotten as to send him down. i am hoping he will have a brief appearance in court, case be dismissed, apology & compo, hotel + home for him.

if they have hard evidence suggesting he really is what they are using this sledgehammer for, i shall be very surprised. i hope fair trials abroad are assisting.

.... or employ him?

I`m far from been a Labour apoligist buth this bloke knowlingly hacked into US Government Defence computers not long after 9/11 -quite frankly I`m sick of hearing about him or the protestations of his mother -some people need to get real.

I don't like the way the extradition policy seems to be only one way. However, this guy's defence is so weak. Yes, he didn't do any damage but at the end of the day he hacked into the US government. What was the muppet thinking!!!!!

The entry points of such systems have a clear warning that swift penalities will ensure if you try anything. He ignored these warnings and went ahead anyway!

Aspergers sounds like an excuse for a blatant crime!! (watch any interview, this guy does not have zero empathy as seen in those with Aspergers).

I'm not anti-American at all right. But why is the Labour government America's total bitch? It's a question that I've never seen answered. Is it business interests? Military interests? What is it? Because I'm thinking that the Americans must have photographs of Tony Blair doing something with an animal. It's got to be something bad.

I'm not anti-American at all right. But why is the Labour government America's total bitch? It's a question that I've never seen answered. Is it business interests? Military interests? What is it? Because I'm thinking that the Americans must have photographs of Tony Blair doing something with an animal. It's got to be something bad.

Far, Far beyond what you can imagine!

If you dig, you will find USA is in fact still 'owned'/secretly ruled by UK (everything else is a smokescreen re US revolution/independence = unlegal 'worthless' bit of paper) and various 'taxes' are siphoned off into secret accounts!

Has there been any pressure from the Tories / LD's on Nulab to give this guy a break of any kind?

or are they all equally scared to offend the Yanks?

Far, Far beyond what you can imagine!

If you dig, you will find USA is in fact still 'owned'/secretly ruled by UK (everything else is a smokescreen re US revolution/independence = unlegal 'worthless' bit of paper) and various 'taxes' are siphoned off into secret accounts!

Did David Icke tell you that?

Sometimes Govts dont like to be embarrassed. My uncle embarrased the UK Govt and is now a political prisoner with no hope of ever getting out and is gagged in more ways than one.

I was watching a program on the UK's superweapons which was the Christmas Island A & H bomb developments and experiments. After proving we can make these bombs on our own with limited resources and it turns out came up with a better design we still dumped the tech in favour of getting US collaboration and use of their bombs.

Politics - I just dont understand the agenda sometimes.

Here's some interesting stuff. It looks like a Labour MP resigned not long ago partly because of disillusion with the parliametary process over the Gary Mckinnon case.

Since 2005, more than 80 Labour MPs have signed Commons motions expressing unease over these extradition arrangements. A large number have also declared their support for Mr McKinnon in media interviews or letters to constituents.

Yet when it came to the crunch on Wednesday during a specific vote on the case, only ten of my fellow Labour MPs lived up to their rhetoric and backed a motion opposing his extradition. Fifty-nine of them did the Labour whips' bidding, voting with the Government, and 15 abstained.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-...-democracy.html

One-way extradition treaty designed to fight terrorism throughly misused by US lawyers.

It was either Blunkett or Clarke who was complaining about this and campaigning against his extridition.

One problem, you're the idiot who signed the treaty in the first place! :angry:

Should have repealed it after the NatWest case or at least limited it to "terrorism" offences. Should have been bloody obvious at the time that the only use for the treaty would be to allow the US to extradite people that no sane court would have otherwise have allowed.

Has there been any pressure from the Tories / LD's on Nulab to give this guy a break of any kind?

or are they all equally scared to offend the Yanks?

Who cares? Realistically all of the mainstream parties are on their way to redundancy anyway. Labour are just the ones who are banging the most nails into the parliamentary coffin.

I'd love to see that **** Alan Johnson locked up and repeatedly bum-raped. To think this deeply sick ******* is the best NuLabour could float as a successor to Gordon Brownshirt. I have nothing but contempt for parliament.

Frankly your lightweight who is not going far enough. Tie up and bum rape the New Labour Cabinet?

Hah!

I know for a fact that is one of Mandelsons fantasies

I think they should be placed on a spit, kept alive, and slowly roasted over coals for a number of weeks.

Not that Im bitter and hate Labour or anything.............[Theiving, criminal incompetent scumbag b@stards]

Don't any of you ever think to yourselves that we get hung up on the minutae in this forum, and never take a step back, look at the bigger picture, and say,,,,

WHAT THE F(CK!? WHERE HAS MY COUNTRY GONE!!?

Guest AuntJess

This bloke deserves nothing more than a slap on the wrist and the government have abandoned him to his fate with less concern than they show for foreign terrorists.

For whose benefit is this country being run?

I think most here know the answer to that one...well those who aren't NuLab. apologists. :rolleyes:

Guest joeschmo

The man should stand trial...if he is innocent he will soon be home, if guilty he deserves to go to jail.

Guest anorthosite
The man should stand trial...if he is innocent he will soon be home, if guilty he deserves to go to jail.

WTF is wrong with you?!?