House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loginandtonic

Remanufactured Or Generic Laserjet Cartridges

Bought a used hp laserjet 1022 for a fiver, got a cartridge in it, works fine, but it wont last so i was wondering if anyone can recommend a remanufactured/refilled cartridge supplier around the £10 to £14 mark, as genuine new HP carts cost about £40 i think.

anyone say these remanufactured or whatever they are carts are any good? (TONER cartridges not inkjet)

i used to buy a bottle of toner for my old samsung and refill the cartridge myself, but the text was always grey, never back to black (sorry ms wino)

I use Inkcycle - never had any problems with their products. (except when I bought a new model printer & the technology hadn't caught up.)

thx , will check em out

edit: they dont seem to do laser toner

My own experience of "remanufactured" laser cartridges is that if the toner cartridge is just that then the better makes are fine.

If however, the cartridge is a complete unit, including image drum then print quality can be very scrappy indeed.

Many "Remanufacturers" tend to simply re-stock the toner. Period.

Horses for courses: depends on what quality print you are seeking.

You can always buy toner powder in a kit with a plastic plug: drill a hole, re-fill the toner and seal with the plug.

Worth a try too.

I'm looking at the moment to replace the office network printer with a new colour laser: the big Dell looked a good deal as it's on offer from one of the wholesalers we deal with.

Until I checked the official Dell prices of the toner pack!

£200 + VAT.....................................

You can always buy toner powder in a kit with a plastic plug: drill a hole, re-fill the toner and seal with the plug.

Wouldn't the swarf from the hole find its way onto the drum and thereby sodomise the whole works?

Slightly OT, but I've been extremely impressed with the 'Ink Man' refill kits for Hewlett Packard 57 and 58 inkjet cartridges. I've been getting 2-3 refills per cartridge before the chip wears to the point at which the image starts to streak. I reckon they drive the effective price of a cartridge down to £6-7.

as mentioned in my first post, i have found refill from bottle kits cause print to be grey not black any more.

on ebay there are remanufactured etc 12A (Lasterjet 1022) cartridges at £10 to £20, the problem is knowing which are the real deal

I had the cartridge for my Brother HL1440 refilled at Cartridge World a few months ago and it appears to be fine.

i never knew they do toner refilling, how much was it?

i never knew they do toner refilling, how much was it?

If I remember correctly it was about 16 quid. They did not hold a stock but refilled my own.

http://www.tonertopup.co.uk/productCatalog...+ALL%2DIN%2DONE

DIY: £10 +VAT a pop.

On this method you apparently melt the hole: not drill.

I buy generic toner powder for the office Xerox copier. Been running quite happily on this for five years.............

OK bit different, 'cos it has a plastic bottle which you fill.

http://www.tonertopup.co.uk/productCatalog...+ALL%2DIN%2DONE

DIY: £10 +VAT a pop.

On this method you apparently melt the hole: not drill.

I buy generic toner powder for the office Xerox copier. Been running quite happily on this for five years.............

OK bit different, 'cos it has a plastic bottle which you fill.

2 other companies toner refills i used in my samsung - print comes out faded/grey, not black. my samsung cartridges have a plastic stopper that you can lever off and pour the toner in carefully (health & safety etc!) but like i say mine keeps printing but grey not nice solid blacks any more. i'll have a look at the supplier you suggest. thx.

I've just had problems with a remanufactured HP96A cartridge for my HP 2200D printer. The first cartridge ran out, so I looked around ebay, looking for a half decent one. A refill bottle was about a tenner, so I decided to get a remanufactured one for 13 quid. What a mistake. It was ruining all my prints (it was the cartridge, not the printer), so I thought about getting a decent one.

After having a browse around the web, official HP ones were between 100 and 120 quid. I had another nose about ebay, and found an OfficeDepot one for £20 (inc. Parcelforce 24 hour postage)..it was sealed, but it did have a dodgy box. Having a look on the OfficeDepot/Viking Direct website, they were selling the exact one for around £70. Other generic ones on the web were around £30.

I thought that the OfficeDepot one should a decent cartridge...After using it, it seems to be fine. You just need to be wary about what you buy - if its a "branded" one, you should be fine.

A lot of cartridges now have a chip onboard: which prevents re-filling.

So the DIY re-filling outfits are now also selling chips!

We also have an old NEC laser, used for banging out drafts these days: a replacement cartridge cost me £90! Years ago.

What a scam this really is.

Trouble is we have to maintain a top level print quality on professional letters printed on heavy Conqueror weave.

So OEM cartridges are a must.