House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric pebble

Celebrity Portrait Photographer Annie Leibovitz Is Being Sued By An Art Finance Company Which Lent Her $24 Million

Annie Leibovitz sued against value of entire collection

The celebrity portrait photographer Annie Leibovitz is being sued by an art finance company which lent her $24 million against the value of her entire collection and her two homes.

"Art Capital claims Leibovitz has refused to allow estate agents into her homes so they can value them nor will she meet with people interested in buying her photographic collection."

Insane. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...collection.html

$24 million - ? I would have disappeared on a canoe.

Now don't tell me she spent it all on classy restaurants and cruises, and now has nothing to show for it?

$24 million - ? I would have disappeared on a canoe.

Now don't tell me she spent it all on classy restaurants and cruises, and now has nothing to show for it?

It was the tail end of the world's greatest ever Stupidity Bubble, where anyone with a "name"/celeb status was automatically deemed to have an "asset" & pwobertee portfolio of "millions"......

When we look back on 1997-2008 - we will marvel at the staggering stupidity of humankind.... :rolleyes:

One of the worlds truly great photographers but also clearly a total nutcase when it comes to managing her personal fianncial affairs... basically she didn't pay bills and built up tax liabilities to such a degree that she had to raise cash aganst her assets to such a degree that they would need to be sold... now of course she appears to be refusing to allow the sale process to go ahead , having apparently agreed to it to get the money.... I doubt the finance company are in the wrong here ... this just appears to be an artist "toys out" kind of moment... after hundreds of thousands of dollars in costs her lawyers I'm sure will make her see sense.

I wanted how many celebs are in trouble because of the credit crunch?

I remember at the time of the dot.con bust reading on a US gossip site about a certain Hollywood actor who thought of himself as a bit of a Gordon Gekko type broker character and who had apparently lost a significant sum day trading.

No idea whether it was true or not but I suspect we might be reading about numerous celebs in trouble in the coming years.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

I remember at the time of the dot.con bust reading on a US gossip site about a certain Hollywood actor who thought of himself as a bit of a Gordon Gekko type broker character and who had apparently lost a significant sum day trading.

No idea whether it was true or not but I suspect we might be reading about numerous celebs in trouble in the coming years.

"I had it all and lost it" - it's a good genre, must be a few quid in it.

Arnie's 'Terminating' California - does that fit the bill?