House Price Crash Forum
E14

Daily Express Headline (house Prices Up 3rd Month In A Row)

Sounds very true doesn't it?

You're in for stick now. You've dished it out now I hope you can take it. You ain't getting the bargain you wanted. I hope your rent doubles as well. :lol:

Be patient my little orange haired friend, be patient.

How anyone can think house prices will continue to rise in the autumn is amazing.

Unemployment will continue to rise, the first inklings of an IR rise will be mooted, all those on amazing tracker and low fixed rate deals coming to an end, no spending money for Christmas 'cos they can't MEW, etc, etc.

If house price rises were steady instead of cyclical, I would expect them to rise at least 5% - 10% in the Spring months and then drop back a few % in the autumn. So, if a 'boom' is coming again as predicted in the Daily Hate, how come they're up such a small amount during the best time to sell a house, eh?

I hope your rent doubles as well. :lol:

Getting nastier in the last few months Sibbers, any personal/financial problems at the moment?

Getting nastier in the last few months Sibbers, any personal/financial problems at the moment?

I was just thinking the same. He accuses others of being "vile", but he`s being almost as outrageous as Hamish used to be.

He's turning into Bruno. Unless, of course, he IS Bruno...

I welcome this current phase which will contribute to the necessary deleveraging of the housing market.

Let the cash and equity rich get rid of some of the debt and allow the market to start to fall naturally.

The next leg down will now be less risky and hopefully be coupled with sensible government policy.

The express might be reporting house price rsies but I don't think they have gone as far as to say the crash is over or prices won't fall again... so in that sense its hardly ramping.. actually.. reading the headline ( as I can't read the whole article) it looks like just plain old fact reporting.

This is though an interessting time, especially for uber bears.... according to the uber bear forecasts from year by now we should be seeing falls of about 30%/35%... with no sign of a slowdown in the crash... after all the states just went down and down and many of the uber bears wrongly compared our market to theirs... it's clear now they are on a different track.

So whats going to happen now.... I don't buy into the concept that we'll see solid 2%-3% falls a month coming back (maybe the odd one)..... I think we'll see a gradula decline over the next 18 months or two years... some ups, some downs but over the period maybe another 15%/20% off in headline terms......personally I don't mind if it's sharper than that with a sharper rise at the back end but personally I don't think we'll see it that way... it'll be shallower with a shallower rise at the back end..... but I'm sure plenty will disagree.

Guest absolutezero
Had th laugh at the first comment.

You're in for stick now. You've dished it out now I hope you can take it. You ain't getting the bargain you wanted. I hope your rent doubles as well. :lol:

Don't bet on the weather. Bet on the climate.

my office gets all the papers so i did skim-read the continuation of the article on page 6 or whatever, the unintentionally hilarious thing abuot it is that it shares the page with an article about consumer energy prices, which is [not unreasonably] squealing about 'hard working' families having to cough up thousands more on gas bills than they used to etc, lining the pockets of gas companies... side by side with an article implicitly crowing about hard working [younger] families having to cough up thousands of pounds more on pwoperdee than they used to, lining the pockets of downsizers and speculators...

Dont they realise that is was this sort of reporting that got us into a position where the banking system nearly collapsed and we narrowly avioded another great depression.

Are these guys just plain stupid? Thinking that we can go back to the madness of 2005-2007.

As soon as interest rates rise which will happen sooner or later the whole thing will come crashing down again but even worse. What we need is more falls of 20% then stability where prices rise with incomes.

Dont they realise that is was this sort of reporting that got us into a position where the banking system nearly collapsed and we narrowly avioded another great depression.

Are these guys just plain stupid? Thinking that we can go back to the madness of 2005-2007.

As soon as interest rates rise which will happen sooner or later the whole thing will come crashing down again but even worse. What we need is more falls of 20% then stability where prices rise with incomes.

I will give you all an example from Scotland 3 bedroomed council house offers over £120,000 not a phone call months later fixed price £105,000 - the owners tried to hold out despite offers in the region of £80,000 it has now been handed back to the bank!

Currently on right move 2 bed flat ex council offers around £100,000 are these people stupid do they really think they will get that sort of money!

FINAL THOUGHT BEFORE THE WEEKEND

HOUSE PRICES ARE STILL WAY OVERVALUED IN THIS COUNTRY & NEED TO FALL BACK IN LINE WITH WAGES.

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE MEDIA THEY WERE WRONG BEFORE AND THEY WILL BE WRONG AGAIN. HOUSE PRICES

WERE SUPPOSED TO BE FLAT ACCORDING TO MOST MEDIA COMMENTATORS (they fell 20%)

ANOTHER BOOM IS NOT ON IT'S WAY SO DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES PANIC BUY. WAIT UNTIL PRICES FALL ANOTHER 20-30% AND THEN BUY YOU WILL ALL BE BETTER OFF FOR IT IN THE LONG RUN. LESS DEBT & MORE MONEY TO SPEND ON ENJOYING LIFE.

It may take a few months for all the bullish sentiment to wear off but it will happen before the year is out.

Still trying to unload your buy to let portfolio to some gormless idiot? :lol:

Tough t1ts, Sibs, I did get the bargain I wanted.

And I still think house prices will fall further and this is just a bull trap.

Tell me, are you planning to cash in on the fact that in your opinion, HPC is over?