House Price Crash Forum
Mega

Labour New Car Park Tax

Guest The Relaxation Suite
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/594230...ng-at-work.html

Let me tell you right now what will happen.........any firm that HAS more than 11 workers will split into 2 or more firms.

Mike

I'm sure the government will find a way of making sure they can't use the loop-hole you suggest. To me this just shows how desperate things are becoming. What this government clearly fails to realise, but will probably understand only too well not very far in the future, is that there is a thick red line between taxation and theft.

They will after a riot or 2, notice how they pushed it off till after they clear. I think they are going to "use" the "Income" now via an IMF loan.

Mike

Get rid of Sadhiq Khan.

That's 1,000 parking space taxes saved right there.

I love that Milton Keynes council have expressed an interest, I bet they have, it'd be virtually impossible to exist there without a car so they could be sure of robust revenues.

No-one will pay it of course - they won't have jobs to go to.

Actually in quite a few towns council workers get free parking in council pay-and-display car parks. I assume they'll stop all that.

When you listen to the elites in this nation they hate the fact that us plebes have cars.

Its got to really bother them when they have all this title, and position in society and driving to the countryside in their new german car.. and alongside them driving at the same speed is some landless peasant in his older car.

When you listen to the elites in this nation they hate the fact that us plebes have cars.

Its got to really bother them when they have all this title, and position in society and driving to the countryside in their new german car.. and alongside them driving at the same speed is some landless peasant in his older car.

While I generally keep my criticisms of governance strictly non-partisan, the car-hating thing has always been a Labour obsession. A wise man told me in 1997 that Labour would tax the motorist to death just like they did last time round, and he was right. Look at the ideas they come up with - road tolls, satellite-tracked cars, massive increase in road tax, car-parking tax, it goes on and on. We're all supposed to be on black State Buses and State Trams circa 1950s Bucharest to induce a feeling of workers' solidarity, etc, etc.

Edited by D-503

I remember doing some work experience up in nottingham in 2002. For quite a big city it was very navigable, quick and easy to get around. At least compared to other similar sized cities id been to. Went back last year and it was abysmal. Most central roads closed, bollarded off, badly phased traffic lights, dead end roads, speed humps with no reason. And seemingly empty trams. Traffic not surprisingly at a standstill, creating far more congestion, pollution and delays.

To be honest, id just locate offices to an out of town business park, obviously the city council dont want the jobs, rates or trade.

I think the congestion charge is accepted (wouldnt go so far to say it actually does any good) in London because practically every other car is a Porsche or Mercedes. Most of these MPs seem to be under the illusion driving is what rich people do, not 'average' or even 'poor' people. Thats why i cant see any scheme like this would be accepted outside London, 9/10ths still commute by car.

While I generally keep my criticisms of governance strictly non-partisan, the car-hating thing has always been a Labour obsession. A wise man told me in 1997 that Labour would tax the motorist to death just like they did last time round, and he was right. Look at the ideas they come up with - road tolls, satellite-tracked cars, massive increase in road tax, car-parking tax, it goes on and on. We're all supposed to be on black State Buses and State Trams circa 1950s Bucharest to induce a feeling of workers' solidarity, etc, etc.

Not sure if its a Labour thing as such. They were as pro road building in the 60/70s as the tories, possibly more so.

In 1979 we had the lowest rate of petrol tax in Europe, by 1997 the second highest. At least Labour got rid of the duty escalator. On a local level the libdems have actually been the most anti-parking charges in my area!

I remember doing some work experience up in nottingham in 2002. For quite a big city it was very navigable, quick and easy to get around. At least compared to other similar sized cities id been to. Went back last year and it was abysmal. Most central roads closed, bollarded off, badly phased traffic lights, dead end roads, speed humps with no reason. And seemingly empty trams. Traffic not surprisingly at a standstill, creating far more congestion, pollution and delays.

When your method of keeping unemployment down and securing more voters for your party is to expand the public sector insanely, this is what happens. All those hundreds and hundreds of workers in that local council have to do something all day long, so they put unnecessary speed retardants everywhere and inefficient one-way systems all over the place. It's called over-governance and it's very expensive.

Renualt just lost £2.3 BILLION!!!!

Bye Bye GP team i think, PUG didn't do much better..........too many cars chasing too few customers.

Mike

Oh whaat short memories people have. but of course the Tories will be all our saviours and not tax anything. :rolleyes:

Seriously get a fckin grip, the tories are just as much scum as labour.

Edited by ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

When your method of keeping unemployment down and securing more voters for your party is to expand the public sector insanely, this is what happens. All those hundreds and hundreds of workers in that local council have to do something all day long, so they put unnecessary speed retardants everywhere and inefficient one-way systems all over the place. It's called over-governance and it's very expensive.

Yes this is why the social credit national dividend idea is so much better than Keynsian government expansion.. in a technologically advanced society where there is surplus labour.

When the governments adds legions of workers, they will govern all day long.. leading to as you said over-governance.

Renualt just lost £2.3 BILLION!!!!

Good job the Nissan side of the business is propping them up then! I know a chap who says that Nissan reliability is suffering under the partnership because of having to use so many Renault-sourced parts. Dodgy engines on the X-trail for instance.

Oh whaat short memories people have. but of course the Tories will be all our saviours and not tax anything. :rolleyes:

Seriously get a fckin grip, the tories are just as much scum as labour.

:lol:

How about the actual issue at hand, which is that Labour and Tories will now have to implement these insane tax grabs to pay for 12 years of Labour governance?

Edited by pete.hpc

Yes I think this will be a tory policy as well. It supports the rich who won't notice this paltry amount (to them) whilst clearing some poorer people off the roads.

The congestion charge is another income/wealth based privelege, hence not much bother about it. In general, the rich don't care and are happy to pay to keep proles off their patch.

Scum. Have we really moved on from feudal times?

There was an article on the local news about a week ago about people who live a few miles from Birmingham International renting out their drives to people using the airport. They make a fair bit of money from it.

This potential charge is £5 per week. Less if you only pay when you use the car park (i.e. no charge when you're on holiday) but I expect that if employers passed the charge on, it would be an annual levy.

It may be the thin end of the wedge but most people who drive to work probably spend 10, 20 times or more than £5 per week on fuel, insurance, VED, etc. It's £8 a DAY at the airport. And if they only drive 2-3 miles to work and this charge is considered substantial, maybe they would consider NOT driving to work, which I would hope be the point of the charge. But of course, explaining it as a 'green' tax will be greeted with scepticism because it is really just a motorists' penalty tax.

Edited for typos.

Edited by deflation

Good job the Nissan side of the business is propping them up then! I know a chap who says that Nissan reliability is suffering under the partnership because of having to use so many Renault-sourced parts. Dodgy engines on the X-trail for instance.

Not so much using Renault sourced parts - Nissan still have their own sourcing facility and source alot of product - but the de-specification of the components and the dash to buy the parts as cheaply as possible. The first thing Ghosn did was to drive, or try to drive, 35% off the price of the components. Well something has to give. They went down the same route Ford and GM went down. Didn't do them much good, did it ?

Nissan are not propping anyone up - they lost money for the first time in years.

Dacia (romanian) is who are keeping things ok for Renault - they increased they market share. Sales of the Logan are going VERY well.

As for reliability - you are a few years behind the curve. Renault are ahead of VW, and on a par with Audi in the latest SSM survey.

Expect more favourable results feeding through to JD Power surveys soon.

Warranty expenditure for Renault continually declines by 30% or so each year.

Quality has improved massively - just read some reviews, or actually drive one.

This govt is coming up with ever more insane ideas to tax as it's running out of money at an alarming rate.

The govt is assuming that everyone who is taking a car still will do and is just making up a nice big fat tax take figure from this scheme.

If this does happen I bet a lot more cars will be left at home.

Which means less tax, especially if you add in the loss in petrol revenue due to lower sales.

Business Parks and the like were located outside city centres so that people can drive there. They tend not to be located by a main line station or bus route.

Clever tax then scum........I take my hat off to you!

However it comes to the point where I am actually beginning to be pleased to have lost my job and be paying no income tax because it hurts to fund your stinking incompetent thieving regime.