House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Reck B

I Won't Let Houseprices Get Out Of Control

In his 1997 Budget speech, Gordon Brown said, “I will not allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of the futureâ€. He went on to say that he did not want a return to â€instability, speculation and negative equity†of the 1980’s and 1990’s.

Average house prices (selling) in Devon;

April 2000 = £87,641

Oct 2007 = £227,854 + 160%

Average earnings rose by 52%

Nice one Gordo, you numpty.

Mental.

It's actually not house prices getting out of control which upsets me most as in a way its just a sympton of a larger disease which is the mis-management of the public finances during their time in office... and within that its not that they forgot to put money to one side during the good times... it's actually the fact that they wasted the money that they should have set aside... we've probably been running something like a 10%-20% wastage quotient within the expenditure budget.. money that if we hadn't spent it you really wouldn't have noticed in terms of lower quality public services....evrything I suspect from a lack of discipline over the stationery budget to too many consultants, to overly generous pay deals to too many administrators, to too many changes, to too complicated tax and benefit regimes, to too generous benefot regimes, etc etc etc ... you name it labour has found a way of wasting it .. quangos, rebuilding schools that won't benefit from being rebuilt... the list is endless.... thats what gets me going.... its not that they didn't save during the good times its that they entirely wasted the money they should have saved... over their period in government I suspect you could easily arrive at a sum of around £600Bn in wasted expenditure..... and now of course they are depserately trying to persuade us all that budgets cannot be cut becasue services will suffer... services won't suffer, just cut the wastage out.

I once heard a dastardly subversive rumour that there used to be a video recording of GB stating this very thing during his 1997 budget speech and that anyone could watch it by accessing HM Treasury's website.

However it's not there now and the Ministry of Truth assures me that there never was any such recording.

I must therefore be deluded, so I am to report immediately to the Ministry of Love for treatment. :ph34r::ph34r:

In his 1997 Budget speech, Gordon Brown said, “I will not allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of the futureâ€. He went on to say that he did not want a return to â€instability, speculation and negative equity†of the 1980’s and 1990’s.

April 2000 = £87,641

Mental.

The guy's a complete c nt.

April 2000 = £87,641

Mental.

This needs to be rammed down the one eyed c nts throat every day between now and the election. Whats the bet the BBC mention it on zero occasions?

What p!sses me off is the fact that most people on HPC are those that are responsible, proudent, they save and understand the concept of saving for something you cannot afford.

Yet it is us that have been right royally shafted because by being this way we have been forced to watch on as those who have no business buying things they cannot afford have done so and pushed the responsible to the back, putting the economy into a dire position.

The bulls might say so what, you should have joined the party, you're jealous etc etc.... I say f*ck you.

Gordon Brown, the feckless and the bankers should be sent to prison or shot.

They all have the blood of this economic meltdown on their hands.

Guest theboltonfury

April 2000 = £87,641

Mental.

They're under control alright. Completely

Very original thread.....It's not like we have heard this before :blink:

It may not be original, but it certainly deserves an airing. Why the feck GB is permitted to get away with it is beyond belief. Still, maybe a few more people will see sense before the election.

Edited by DownsizingDiva

Guest Barebear
Very original thread.....It's not like we have heard this before :blink:

Its always worth repeating the message for any new ones coming on here.

And of course he should forever be reminded of it. Personally i would tattoo it in acid on the inside of his jock strap.

Brown has said a lot of things, like ''I never lie'' which was another blatant lie. It's what this nut-case does, rather than what he says.....like an estate agent.

I can honestly say, I don't think I have ever hated a politician more than Gordon Brown. Absolute Scum.

May "I shall not let house prices get out of control" and "no more boom and bust" be written on your tombstone Gordon Brown..

As for what your doing now.... it's simply evil.

Edited by Khayl

What p!sses me off is the fact that most people on HPC are those that are responsible, proudent, they save and understand the concept of saving for something you cannot afford.

Yet it is us that have been right royally shafted because by being this way we have been forced to watch on as those who have no business buying things they cannot afford have done so and pushed the responsible to the back, putting the economy into a dire position.

The bulls might say so what, you should have joined the party, you're jealous etc etc.... I say f*ck you.

Gordon Brown, the feckless and the bankers should be sent to prison or shot.

They all have the blood of this economic meltdown on their hands.

Spot on. NOTHING is being done about it. DEPRESSING.

I can honestly say, I don't think I have ever hated a politician more than Gordon Brown. Absolute Scum.

May "I shall not let house prices get out of control" and "no more boom and bust" be written on your tombstone Gordon Brown..

As for what your doing now.... it's simply evil.

Yes, I can honestly say I feel exactly the same way although curiously my loathing of each PM, starting with Thatcher, has grown. Now with Brown it's truly off the scale, so this might be something to do with my growing disillusionment.

On the other hand, I don't believe Brown has any capacity at all for reflection or honesty, either with us or with himself. That singles him out IMO.

Yes, I can honestly say I feel exactly the same way although curiously my loathing of each PM, starting with Thatcher, has grown. Now with Brown it's truly off the scale, so this might be something to do with my growing disillusionment.

On the other hand, I don't believe Brown has any capacity at all for reflection or honesty, either with us or with himself. That singles him out IMO.

So true...

brown has never done anything good for the country

let us never forget him selling the gold back in 1999 for around the $235/ounce mark , in BULK not even in small lots

one of the worst economic managers of all time

Pointless manifesto really, all fiction. Just do exactly what they feel like. EU treaty referendum, smoking ban, pay per mile vehicle tax. It would be quicker to relate the list they haven't gone back on.

Totally unfit for purpose.