House Price Crash Forum

V For Vendetta Gets A Tv Airing

tinker

HOLA441

A film for our 'TFH' times gets an airing:

Thursday, 30th August - BBC 3

It seems to have been mentioned a few times in these parts.

V for Vendetta (2005)

IMDb User Rating: 8.2/10 187,944 votes

Top 250: #178 (register to vote)

Remember, remember the 5th of November, the gun powder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

Plot: A shadowy freedom fighter known only as "V" uses terrorist tactics to fight against his totalitarian society. Upon rescuing a girl from the secret police, he also finds his best chance at having an ally.

Who knows they may even give Network a showing.

HOLA442

It's been on the telly loads of times. Not a bad film. The comic was better though.

HOLA443

no chance!!

the Powers that be would rather keep people quite and malliable.

still,good film.

let's blame all the muslims!!!!(they are going to get a bit of a shock when the mahdi reveals himself!!!).

nothing whatsoever to do with a corrupt government.

I notice they are pinning the blame on most f the financial crisis on america......Frankly that is utter ********.

If you read into the rhetoric of the politicians etc,you will know that the new "multi-polar" world is coming,who will gain,who will lose....

and of course dowsing and geomancy was nothing at all to do with it.

if you want to know what our leaders are up to,you have to have knowledge of what lies above and below.

...after that,it's really quite simple.It's pretty much forbidden in scripture,so that'll give you a clue as to who they work for.......it was already forseen that they would use such methods to achieve the positions,wealth and power they have.

HOLA444
HOLA445

I live in the hope that this will become a film they put on on November 5th - in the same way the Bond films used to be on every Bank Holiday. It's nice to have a seasonalilty to TV stuff.

HOLA446

Its not a terrible film but it isn't as good as the book. I think to appeal to a US audience they stripped it of context. Which, however you feel about it, is of course 1980s Britain under Thatcher. The original book had a very strong sense of time (although its nominally set in 1997) and place, it could only have been written then and is very much of its time.

HOLA447
Its not a terrible film but it isn't as good as the book. I think to appeal to a US audience they stripped it of context. Which, however you feel about it, is of course 1980s Britain under Thatcher. The original book had a very strong sense of time (although its nominally set in 1997) and place, it could only have been written then and is very much of its time.

Be proud of your nerdiness - it's a comic.

I will be ultra nerdy and reveal that I have the 1988 DC issue of the series with every one signed by Alan Moore.

Well it makes me happy and it's an investment innit.

HOLA448
Be proud of your nerdiness - it's a comic.

I will be ultra nerdy and reveal that I have the 1988 DC issue of the series with every one signed by Alan Moore.

Well it makes me happy and it's an investment innit.

A slip of the tongue/fingers...

Er anyhow, I think ever since Maus the arguments around 'comics' have been won.

HOLA449

Maybe I got mixed up, but last night's recording didn't happen!

Anyway, it is on again tomorrow Saturday, 1st August - BBC3 at 9:00pm to 11:05pm

The 30/8 (August) date in the OP is clearly a mistake - oh the shame! :o

HOLA4410

It was on on Wednesday night, not Thursday - we saw the last couple of minutes of it.

Like you say it's on again on Sat, and will probably be on again another 10 times in the next month - oh! the joys of of the same stuff being repeated ad infinitum - when there was just 4 channels the quality was up, and the number of repeats was down, I'm sure...

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Surprised we don't all own this on DVD. It's only £3 and well worth it. I've watched at least 10 times.

I keep a copy on my PVR for instant watching when required. (For instance after Mandelslime has been on the news).

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Archived