House Price Crash Forum

Britain's Richest Man Lakshmi Mittal Rents Out The £10,000-a-week Palace

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

LOVELY INNIT!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

He bought for something like 7M anf just because ha cant sell it for its 2007 peak of 40M he's thrown a strop and is trying to rent it for 10k a week!

!

Good luck with that M8!!!!!!!

TW@

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
10K a week on a 40 million pound place, that's a yield of what? 1.3%?

And if he can only get 8k a week, my rule of thumb of price = 1,000 x weekly rent in "desirable" London means that it is only "worth" 8 m. This seems to summarise the chasm between buyers and sellers that people keep talking about.

HOLA4410
And if he can only get 8k a week, my rule of thumb of price = 1,000 x weekly rent in "desirable" London means that it is only "worth" 8 m. This seems to summarise the chasm between buyers and sellers that people keep talking about.

Yes, sounds about right, if a bit pessamistic. He bought in 1996 for £6.75m. It should be worth £8m - £16m by now allowing for a bit of inflation. Remember that we have had the lowest inflation for decades under Labour (1997 - 2010).

I'm still figuring on prices dropping to around 40% of peak (that's 40% of peak meaning 60% off peak for the English illiterates).

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Since he's worth a few billion I'm sure he doesn't give a sh1t. �40 mill is probably akin to a few hundred quid to him.

You'd think that but if that was the case he wouldn't be renting his home now would he.

HOLA4413
You'd think that but if that was the case he wouldn't be renting his home now would he.

Obviously read some of the posts here and is protecting against a global hyperinflation holocaust by keeping hold of his assets

Edited by wealthy