House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weebag

Cameron Says 'tw@t' On Radio

:lol:

Funnily enough, this makes him seem less of a tw@t to me!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/ju...y-radio-twitter

The Conservative leader, David Cameron, today apologised for any offence caused after he used the word "tw@t" during a breakfast radio show interview.

When Absolute Radio host Christian O'Connell asked him about his views on Twitter, the Tory leader said: "The trouble with Twitter, the instantness of it – too many twits might make a tw@t."

He compounded the slip-up when he said people were "pissed off – sorry, I can't say that in the morning – angry with politicians".

While Cameron's aides pointed out that twit is not a swear word under radio guidelines and said he had apologised immediately for his latter comment, he later expressed contrition for his use of bad language.

"You always have to be careful what you say. If I've caused any offence I obviously regret that," he told Sky News.

Attempting to play down the incident, he added: "I was doing a radio interview and I'm sure that people will understand that."

There was further embarrassment for Cameron when a podcast featuring highlights from the Absolute Radio breakfast show was released.

It includes a preamble to the interview by O'Connell in which he said Cameron's press secretary, Gabby Bertin, "leapt out of her skin" after the questionable language.

He also revealed details of what he said was an exchange between Cameron and Bertin after the interview, saying: "He said: 'That seemed to go ok.' She said: 'Yeah, apart from the language.'

"He said: 'Oh, yeah, pissed, sorry about that, I'm really sorry.' But he said people are pissed off with politicians, which they are. I think that is choice language well used personally, from my point of view.

"She said: 'No, it was the tw@t.' He said: 'That's not a swear word.' I think he must be posh, where a lot of them don't think twit is a swear word. His press secretary went: 'It is.'"

O'Connell praised the twit comment as "fantastic" hi: "As for his comments about Twitter – it's a one-liner Jimmy Carr would have been proud of.

"So far, I haven't had any complaints about his language, other than from a gbrown1099@hotmail.com."

I thought he said twit not twit?

He did but if you type twit on here you get twit. (Unless you know the secret way around the swear filter).

Guest X-QUORK

The swear filter on here turns the word twit into twit. Only those of us with swearing rights aren't affected.

I would be extremely surprised if it wasn't 100% deliberate.

+1

He's only ever worked in politics and television, he knows everything there is to know about image.

He did but if you type twit on here you get twit. (Unless you know the secret way around the swear filter).
The swear filter on here turns the word twit into twit. Only those of us with swearing rights aren't affected.

Ah - I see, that is just too confusing in a story about twitterer twittings, and how too many twits make a twit

Trivial Pursuit question for the youngsters:-

Who was the first person to say F uck on TV?

Year?

& no cheating, or else!

Guest Daddy Bear
That's a lot of posts to be able to swear.

Alright who's deleted my post?

Come on mods I am owed an explanation!

:D

Twitter would have been so much better if it had been called Twatter instead. "I've just spent all afternoon Twattering". "Have you seen Rosie Millard's Twatter feed?"

Guest X-QUORK
Swear filters can't stop me. You twäts ;)

Aah, but that would be pronounced twets.

Guest BoomBoomCrash

yeah, why not just say twit. I don't see any evidence of a swear filter.

Guest Daddy Bear

twit

I do....?

They censor us subversive types

No, it would still be pronounced twats in Britain, thanks to the Motörhead precedent.

Picture_3.png

I guess you didn't see my last post before the afternoon of the moderately long knifes.

What you really need to say is twit

Ah bugger I'm gonna get moderated again aren't I?

:(

post-13003-1248878409_thumb.png