House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Waiting Patiently

Kirsty Allsopp Grows A Moustache

Guest Skinty
Stiff upper lip: TV presenter Kirstie Allsopp appeared to be sporting a moustache as she stepped out near her home in North London

Her eyebrows are plucked. Presumably she finds it more painful to remove her moustache.

I wonder if she has nipple hair.

How disappointing. Look, Kirsty is fair game, as are all the other rampers and hypers, but on the basis of ARGUMENT, not personal jibes related to physical appearance. All you do by descending to this kind of thing is to neutralise the justifiable satire and criticism which does hold water based on her performance not her looks. Thus, I think it is fair game to lampoon her Sloane accent, shrill voice and her attitudes which are all things within her control.

If anyone posting this stuff would like to present an image of themselves, I'm sure other posters will be happy to judge them on their physical flaws. I don't think you would find it very appealing.

How disappointing. Look, Kirsty is fair game, as are all the other rampers and hypers, but on the basis of ARGUMENT, not personal jibes related to physical appearance. All you do by descending to this kind of thing is to neutralise the justifiable satire and criticism which does hold water based on her performance not her looks. Thus, I think it is fair game to lampoon her Sloane accent, shrill voice and her attitudes which are all things within her control.

If anyone posting this stuff would like to present an image of themselves, I'm sure other posters will be happy to judge them on their physical flaws. I don't think you would find it very appealing.

I'll play devils advocate ... She insists she is right and you are wrong. Which is highly irritating. Therefore we should be able to label her the troll doll she is.

are you being deliberatly ironic?

her arguments were always superficial fluff, and her role in cheerleading them was inherited by chance. To berate her for something equally superficial and inherited is entirely fair. We're not taking on Stephen Hawking or Joseph Stiglitz here...

Though I do in principal agree with you I find everything she is and stands for so repugnant that I have difficulty suppresing my emotional response (pure glee) at threads like this.

I am a conflicted individual.

Guest X-QUORK

+1

VP, better avoid the Fat Lady thread in the Off-Topic forum.

You idiots. That's not a moon, that's a space sta....

Er I mean, that's not a Mustache, that's a Dirty Sanchez.

Well, I think we have now found the gutter. But I'm sure we can go further than that!

I wasn't aware the gutter had been lost. It's been over on the off-topic forum for quite some time.

Jimothy, please don't get avatar thoughts... i've got used to your current one

It's all pete.hpc and anorthosite's fault. Who knows what creation might surface in the near future.

Guest Skinty

In all fairness the comments suggest that it might be skin colouring from being out in the sun and it doesn't looking dark enough to match the hair on her head.

But when it comes to Krusty fairness is irrelevant.

Good to see at least some concede the point. This has nothing to do with pretending to be polite, or trying to deflect perfectly justified lampooning - I have posted many P()ss takes of Krusty and Phil over the years, but gratuitous references to physique simply marks posters and this whole forum as a bunch of thugs not worthy of respect from those who would otherwise be engaged by opinions expressed here.

Guest Skinty
Good to see at least some concede the point. This has nothing to do with pretending to be polite, or trying to deflect perfectly justified lampooning - I have posted many P()ss takes of Krusty and Phil over the years, but gratuitous references to physique simply marks posters and this whole forum as a bunch of thugs not worthy of respect from those who would otherwise be engaged by opinions expressed here.

Does the same apply to Gordon Brown?