House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shedfish

Nationwide Hpi Result

looking at the houses that are selling and the asking prices going up recently i think that it will be positive (negative for me).

It seems to be madness out there, the greed of the UK public is terrible, i am a FTB and to be honest i have starting to loose interest in buying a house, the more my savings grow the more i dont want to throw my money at a house and be a debt slave.

Funny how 2 years ago it woudl be easy to buy a house and now its hard even with a deposit.

The winter will be interesting to see if prices do actually carry on going down or if the bawstwds in power have manadged to wreck this country and keep the bubble inflated.

I know for one i wont be even attempting to buy at these stupid prices.

I am going to look again in April and if things have not come down to a more sensible level i will move out of my parents house and carry on saving for 6 months and re asses the situation.

Listening to all the VI rubbish started to get to me for a while but now i think oh well go on holiay instead and have fun.

I'm afraid it's gonna be above 2.6% - perhaps above 3.0% (GULP!)

+5%.

DaddyBear will then explode with delight and not be able to troll the forum any more and we'll all live happily ever after.

Probably 2% increase.... we are in the bear trap.

We know we are in the bear trap.

We've all known there would be a bear trap.

We've all been expecting it.

Now everyone stop p issing your pants... we know there is no economy to support the current house prices.

Prices will fall again and much MUCH further.

Edited by TaxAbuserOfTheWeek

Yep the old cycle of 'For Sale' to 'Sold' and back to 'For Sale' has kicked off again! For instance, house at the bottom of the road was put up for 190k back in October 2008 and had been reduced all the way to 160k. 3 weeks ago a SOLD sign appeared and the EA posted loads of leaflets through the doors of similar houses in the area stating 'We have sold his house, similar properties required NOW, buyers waiting!"..

Anyway, went past the house today and it's back up For Sale again...LOL!!!! Unless the original sale went through and the new owner stuck it back for sale with the same agent...highly doubt it though.

oooh dearie, a few more months before we get some nice negative numbers back I feel. Though the way things are going, it could take quite a bit longer for the bear trap to run out of steam?

How long until normal service is resumed is a good question for the bears?

I think I'll plump for very mildly negative. Something like -0.2 percent.

I agree, looking at the graph, the Nationwide has over corrected. although the number of mortgages are up, total lending is not doing so good. The only ones shifting I reckon are the ones taking a hit in asking price.

Have to wait and see. Its all ****** though because we know what is going to happen once the general election is done with.

Sibbers, stop being a

3167398088a3167426933b303445844s.gif

Edited by mbga9pgf

Lets have it right here.

You're all wanting a HPC but house prices aren't crashing. They stabilized now they are going up.

You was on your way about a year ago. Panic in the papers and doom and gloom on the TV. No everything has gone against you.

Help for homeowners who can't pay mortgage. Banks lending again and prices going up.

Every seller who reads just one price rise article will never sell cheap. It was worth a go. You won the odd battle but you've lost the war.

Give it up. It's making you hardcore lot look stupid now.

And in other news, another 250k people joined the dole queue in quarter two. And the government scheme to help distressed home owners stands at .......One.

You're such a pleb, but the place would be humourless misery without you.

Lets have it right here.

You're all wanting a HPC but house prices aren't crashing. They stabilized now they are going up.

You was on your way about a year ago. Panic in the papers and doom and gloom on the TV. No everything has gone against you.

Help for homeowners who can't pay mortgage. Banks lending again and prices going up.

Every seller who reads just one price rise article will never sell cheap. It was worth a go. You won the odd battle but you've lost the war.

Flame war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Government has just pumped hundreds of billions of pounds into the 'economy' so I don't think anyone should be surprised if we see a few 'green shoots'.

However, they have mortgaged our future and our childrens and our grandchildrens to do this.

UK PLC is basically F*cked for at least 15-20 years.

We are currently in a 'phoney war' situation,

once the election is over with the pain really starts, whoever wins. :blink:

IMHO.........

The Government has just pumped hundreds of billions of pounds into the 'economy' so I don't think anyone should be surprised if we see a few 'green shoots'.

However, they have mortgaged our future and our childrens and our grandchildrens to do this.

UK PLC is basically F*cked for at least 15-20 years.

We are currently in a 'phoney war' situation,

once the election is over with the pain really starts, whoever wins. :blink:

IMHO.........

I agree - and I think the 1st year is going to be painful as... logic being that anything in the first 2 years can be blamed as 'clearing up Browns mess' - anything further than that and the sheeple will start to say 'hang on a minute, you've been in long enough, you can't just blame the other lot'

Lets have it right here.

so have you managed to sell yours yet, sibley, the second pwoperdee you told everyone about roundabout the time you joined, the one you were thinking of selling? if not, have you received any indication of what it might be worth?