House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Austin Allegro

'extreme House Selling' Hits The Uk

Extreme House Selling is being proactive

Is it compulsory for me to read any further AA? :(

NicholasM.JPG

"Private home sellers are in a great position to adopt extreme house selling methods by doing anything that promotes their homes which is legal and moral you will become an extreme house seller. Clients at The Little House Company have taken the first step by marketing their homes themselves and have already broken away from the norm. Consider what else you can do to get your house in front of as many people as possible whilst offering added value. Pricing is still one of the most important factors and you must make sure you are beating the competition with your proposal"

Does this include throwing in a Ferrari, Porsche, BMW or Audi as part of the "deal"?

Is it compulsory for me to read any further AA? :(

I just think it's symptomatic of all that's wrong with the UK, that the very simple concept of lowering prices has to be dressed up in a load of marketing twaddle and business-wafflespeak, with a further parisitic non-job layer slathered on top!

It's as if the concept is so bizarre and incomprehensible that it can only be 'sold' to the UK public with special marketing gimmicks...

TBH it looks like marketing fluff to get vendors to take some responsibility for selling their house and understand they have to lower their price. If I was an agent I would be getting pretty peeved / desperate with vendors refusing to drop prices in order to make a sale.

I'm off to look at a house tonight, it is exactly what I am seeking but they are trying to sell it:

1) For more than any house has sold in that road ever

2) 170% of what they bought it for in 2000

3) In need of near total refurbishment

The only reason I am going is that it is a sale by a son after his mothers death (sad yes, but also motivated) and it was bought early enough that they can "afford" to accept a sensible offer (even if they choose not to).

The vast majority of the houses I have seen recently are people who bought in 2007 trying to bail out who obviously couldnt accept a reduction without a direct capital loss to their pocket and who were the OO so could afford to just say "F.I we'll have to stay here".

TBH it looks like marketing fluff to get vendors to take some responsibility for selling their house and understand they have to lower their price. If I was an agent I would be getting pretty peeved / desperate with vendors refusing to drop prices in order to make a sale.

I'm off to look at a house tonight, it is exactly what I am seeking but they are trying to sell it:

1) For more than any house has sold in that road ever

2) 170% of what they bought it for in 2000

3) In need of near total refurbishment

170% of 2000 prices is about the right price for now (actually it's slightly low) - it represents 27% off peak.

It can't have become in need of total refurb in 9 years can it? They must have bought it like that (even if they then chose to live in it)

Therefore I'm confused by (1).

tim

Edited by tim123

Closing quote from the video on the website:

"....Platt [the twit trying to offload his dodgy Devon pile for a fortune] has said that he will try anything to sell his house providing it is legal and its moral"...........Except, presumably, cutting the fooking price! :lol::lol::lol:

Delusional doesn't even cover it. :angry:

170% of 2000 prices is about the right price for now (actually it's slightly low) - it represents 27% off peak.

It can't have become in need of total refurb in 9 years can it? They must have bought it like that (even if they then chose to live in it)

Therefore I'm confused by (1).

tim

on 1) I checked Zoopla, most expensive house sold was 2k LESS in early 2007.

I am being harsh with "total refurb" but it would need new flooring throughout, new kitchen, new bathroom, various cosmetic changes. We are not talking about re-wiring etc... but it is certainly not a house you would walk round on a viewing and think "yes I could imagine myself moving straight in here".

170% is rounded to the nearest 10. Its actually 173.4%.

Sources; rightmove and zoopla, I havent yet viewed in person.

I just think it's symptomatic of all that's wrong with the UK, that the very simple concept of lowering prices has to be dressed up in a load of marketing twaddle and business-wafflespeak, with a further parisitic non-job layer slathered on top!

Added value?

Even more so if, having read the job description, you are none the wiser.