House Price Crash Forum
SarahBell

Made Up Jobs For Kids Start Today

I thought I heard on the news earlier some of these exciting posts where in gyms and teaching dancing.

Highly productive to the economy.

So much more trendy, glamourous and suitable for today's "young professional" than planting Thetford forest or digging sea defences. <_<

In other words - the client state population goes up by 45k.

Councils - are these the new "Masters Of The Universe"? - they charge us extortionate fees for their cra p services and now they give us meaningless jobs to do so that we keep voting for them.

We really living in the age of the distorted market. Soon no one will be able to tell or remember what a real market looks like.

I feel sorry for kids in short:

Get rubbish school education

Pay for a Degree

Get poorly paying job /internship

No chance of buying house or investing

No viable state pension

Pay for the errors of your elders

Pay an extra £10 for the new tour of duty game or suffer reality

I thought I heard on the news earlier some of these exciting posts where in gyms and teaching dancing.

You're not convinced that Bojangles style economy is a goer then?

p-o-p

You're not convinced that Bojangles style economy is a goer then?

p-o-p

Jazz-tap recovereh?

production and export of canes, tophats and spats to lift britain from economic doom!

Come on be fair. They didn't have time to announce, the face painting and circus skills, along with diversity training. :lol:

I think the nature of some of these created jobs might be questionable (dance instructors and the like), but what is the solution to youth unemployment then? Like others, I resent my council tax being spent on spurious schemes, but what should be done?

One example might be some form of compulsorary national service for the long term unemployed. (Not necessarily military, but say care services etc.) Or should they just be allowed to languish, doing nothing? What ideas do HPCers have?

Edited by ma-ku

One example might be some form of compulsorary national service for the long term unemployed. (Not necessarily military, but say care services etc.) Or should they just be allowed to languish, doing nothing? What ideas do HPCers have?

I think a compulsory national service is an good idea - for those who are NEETS.

National service could be in numerous areas - schools (classroom assistants), nurseries (childcare assistants), carehomes, military (eg either in army or cooks, admin etc), hospitals, local leisure centres, after school clubs, council admin etc. A number of these posts could lead to on the job training eg nursery teacher, nursing. etc.

YTS by another name.

YTS gave me a great opportunity to get into the industry I wanted, then work my way up.

Nothing wrong with YTS for those that were willing to work.

I think the nature of some of these created jobs might be questionable (dance instructors and the like), but what is the solution to youth unemployment then?

Very simple.

Allow SME's to offset 80%-90% of the cost of employing people who have been unemployed for 1yr+ against their tax bill, for the a full year.

Creates jobs in the private sector,

can be phased out as the economy recovers,

eases the burden on the private sector a bit,

stops people languishing on unemployment benefit.

Far too sensible for this idiot bunch to do though. :angry:

YTS gave me a great opportunity to get into the industry I wanted, then work my way up.

Nothing wrong with YTS for those that were willing to work.

There were a few good ones but many companies adopted YTS schemes as a way of exploiting free labour.