House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loginandtonic

Does Anyone Know What This Object Is?

mysteryobject.jpg

turned up at a jumble sale, no one knew what it was - any ideas? i have had a guess.

Masonic?<<-- highlight here after you have formed your initial impression on what it might be

if you highlight above you will see my guess, but i dont want to influence any initial thoughts or replies thats why i have obscured the text :)

if you don't think its what i suggest and dont know for sure what it is - what was your first thought on what it is ?

post-20211-1248816857_thumb.jpg

It's a Ming dynasty chopstick holder. Find the matching left one and you're well away!

:lol:

go on Flog It with it, estimated at £8,000,950 ~ £8,200,050 with a discretional reserve of five quid.

I'd have gone with hair pin. Looks like it could be quite old, I think the Romans were quite keen on sun symbols like that but, obviously doubt it's that old.

I'd have gone with hair pin. Looks like it could be quite old, I think the Romans were quite keen on sun symbols like that but, obviously doubt it's that old.

Also, hair wasn't invented until the 9th century.

so it is a hair pin then according to the consenus, well thats the last thing i'd have thought it was, looks too chunky and unattractive for a woman to use but there you go

thanks for the heads up ;)

However, I'm sure it won't be long until the conspiracy theorist, pyramid spotting, numberwangers uncover it's real purpose.

funny you should say that, weird lights have been following me around the street ever since i touched it.

(flashing blue ones)

However, I'm sure it won't be long until the conspiracy theorist, pyramid spotting, numberwangers uncover it's real purpose.

That's numberwang!

Image is cr@p on there for Sun Moon.

As for it's purpose, is it a 'dibber' for planting seeds?

Guest X-QUORK
As for it's purpose, is it a 'dibber' for planting seeds?

It's a hair pin. Do keep up.

Before reading, make sure no one can see over your shoulder, sit down and cross your legs. :blink:

Ampallang

And no I’m not, but I used to live in Borneo and it was common up forest.

Noooooo :o:blink: