House Price Crash Forum

Need Some Straight Advice

TylerDurden

HOLA441

ok, I'll keep this short and to the point, as i'm already fed up with it and its pretty boring.

A guy has left a car outside my house, public highway. untaxed, no mot. no insurance, the guy has moved off the street to a nearby villiage, he keeps saying he will move it but he isnt going to.

I've told the dvla, ive been to the police 3 times. they have done nothing.

I know where this guys mother lives, its aboput a mile away from my house.

Legall, what are the implications of towing the car to his mothers and dumping it on her drive?

doing this i presume would mean breaking in, (not a problem) and smashing the steering lock? or would i keep the lock on? no that wouldnt work would it lol.

any advice?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

A number of local councils have the power to lift and remove cars sitting on public roads which, which lack a Tax Disk and thus vaid RFT (and public spaces which under the Road Traffic Act are designated as public highway and thus any vehicle using this must accord to RTA): and store them for a short time: then they are crushed.

End of story.

Check first with your council/Local Authority.

HOLA445

If it were me, I'd wait for someone with a dog who lets itshite outside your gate, follow them home so you know their address....break the ignition systen and hot wire it, file the VIN off and remove the plates and park it outside their house leaving a note saying you are swapping one piece of shite for another :rolleyes:

HOLA446
HOLA447

Given that you've already told the DVLA and the bogies, you'll be the prime suspect in the event of any vigilante action.

Two options, I guess. No. 1 - pursue the legit route, e.g. the council, police again, etc. etc. No. 2 - do nothing for a few weeks, let the fuss die down and then arrange for it to spontaneously combust one night (preferably having arranged an alibi to the effect that you weren't at home on the night of the conflagration).

HOLA448
I offered this advice before and it went down well:

Find him, rip his chest open and hold his still beating heart in front of him as you watch him die.

It won't get the car moved but you won't care as you'll be in Broadmoor.

:lol:

Is that from a film? Sure I've heard i before.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Stick a pro-Labour bumper sticker on the car and watch it get vandalised by others.

Great suggestion, and stick a banana in the tail pipe, always wanted to do that since seeing beverley hills cop.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Great suggestion, and stick a banana in the tail pipe, always wanted to do that since seeing beverley hills cop.

When I was 11 my headmaster banned me from playing in the school football team.As a reprisal I rammed a potato into the exhaust of his Humber.The effect was pretty spectacular about 30 seconds after he started the engine the pressure blew the entire system to bits.The best bit was when he brought the car to my dad who worked in a garage.

HOLA4413
When I was 11 my headmaster banned me from playing in the school football team.As a reprisal I rammed a potato into the exhaust of his Humber.The effect was pretty spectacular about 30 seconds after he started the engine the pressure blew the entire system to bits.The best bit was when he brought the car to my dad who worked in a garage.

I thought you were going to say the spud blasted a hole through a postman 100 metres away...

HOLA4414

That reminds me about the story of the Irish man that shagged a princess - :rolleyes:

HOLA4415

Why dont you sell it, put an advert on gumtree or loot, fair enough you dont own it, say you want a bottle of wine for it.

HOLA4416
A number of local councils have the power to lift and remove cars sitting on public roads which, which lack a Tax Disk and thus vaid RFT (and public spaces which under the Road Traffic Act are designated as public highway and thus any vehicle using this must accord to RTA): and store them for a short time: then they are crushed.

End of story.

Check first with your council/Local Authority.

+1

I used to live on a road with a bollard blocking one end so cars used to get dumped up there all the time. They were always eventually removed, presumably by the council.

More info here:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommuni...ping/DG_4001703

Edit: The link contains a few criteria a council use to determine if a car has been abandoned. Not saying you should tamper with the car but if the number plates "fell off" or the tyres "went flat" it might speed things up a bit. :rolleyes:

HOLA4417
ok, I'll keep this short and to the point, as i'm already fed up with it and its pretty boring.

A guy has left a car outside my house, public highway. untaxed, no mot. no insurance, the guy has moved off the street to a nearby villiage, he keeps saying he will move it but he isnt going to.

I've told the dvla, ive been to the police 3 times. they have done nothing.

I know where this guys mother lives, its aboput a mile away from my house.

Legall, what are the implications of towing the car to his mothers and dumping it on her drive?

doing this i presume would mean breaking in, (not a problem) and smashing the steering lock? or would i keep the lock on? no that wouldnt work would it lol.

any advice?

Contact your local rag. Then inform the council and police what you've done. The car will be gone within days.

HOLA4418
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommuni...ping/DG_4001703

Edit: The link contains a few criteria a council use to determine if a car has been abandoned. Not saying you should tamper with the car but if the number plates "fell off" or the tyres "went flat" it might speed things up a bit. :rolleyes:

I have a vague recollection that if (say) the windows are broken, so it could be a danger to kids getting inside & playing about, it constitutes a public danger which gees things up a bit..... :rolleyes:

HOLA4419
I have a vague recollection that if (say) the windows are broken, so it could be a danger to kids getting inside & playing about, it constitutes a public danger which gees things up a bit..... :rolleyes:

Anecdotals

Someone dumped a motorbike on our road that happened to be leaking petrol. It was gone within 30 minutes of my call to the police. Even more impressive someone came round and put sand on the petrol spill.

We had a car dumped with the window broken, no tax, ignition popped etc that stayed for months despite many calls.

We had a car that looked derelict but wasn't (white car with lots of moss growing on it, belonging to a student on the road). One morning I got a knock on the door from a scrap dealer with a flatbed, wanting to know if anyone owned the car as he was after it for scrap.

Number three might be helpful, quick anonymous call to the local scrapyard...

HOLA4420

Archived