House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tplatt

Interior Design Ideas

Having a keen interest in interior design and design ideas, along with antiques, thought maybe ideas and solutions could be discussed here.

I have one problem, which I cannot seem to resolve. I have a dark kitchen which backs on to land. The window which fronts onto the land is long and thin. How do I get the illusion of light coming in from this window?

mit_parabolic_dish.png

IMHO both suggestions are good, with the added bonus its no illusion ;p I prefer my cheaper solution, it will also heat the kitchen in the winter months :) but it wont work at night :( and may kill you in the summer :(

Years ago, when we were looking at houses, we saw a house that had a narrow ish window, that made the room look lop sided - the owner had put mirrors round one side of the window (in the recesses, not on the wall) to make it look like there was more of the window than there was. It also added to the light coming in to the room. Could it be an option for you in your kitchen?

Having a keen interest in interior design and design ideas, along with antiques, thought maybe ideas and solutions could be discussed here.

I have one problem, which I cannot seem to resolve. I have a dark kitchen which backs on to land. The window which fronts onto the land is long and thin. How do I get the illusion of light coming in from this window?

No, no. Forget that.

All you need to do is put some laminate flooring down, paint the walls magnolia or white - some IKea furniture and flog it for 20k more.

Design - Done.

Thank you all for your suggestions. The fake window thing is not feasible as I do not have the wall space - not that it will actually bring any more light into the kitchen.

The illuminated blind looks good, but as the window is so long and narrow, I don't think it would work though.

I like the look of the green thing, which looks very funky. Is it made from plastic? It needs to be, cos the Cornish weather will just corrode it within a week.

Tin foil outside the window may work, but it will probably just get blown away in the next Cornish gale, lol.

Your searchlight? Oh, yes, that's what it is. I have since edited my message.

Guest DisposableHeroes

Could you fit a velux, or a light pipe.

http://www.lightpipe.org.uk/

http://www.fascias.com/contents/en-uk/d353_Roof_Domes.html

http://sky-tube.co.uk/

This is the best one it is held in germany, and has all the best interior design companies in the world, you will have to sift through it.

http://light-building.messefrankfurt.com/f...rt/en/home.html