House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Disposable Heroes

Has All The Reminiscing Of The Moon Landing, Bought The Exuberance Back

Guest DisposableHeroes

US house prices have seen their first monthly increase in nearly three years, according to a leading property index.

Prices rose 0.5% in May from April, the Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller Home Price index said. Analysts had forecast a 0.5% monthly drop.

The index committee's chairman said it could be a sign that declines in house prices are stabilising.

Prices were down 17.1% on a year ago, but the annual rate of decline has now slowed for four months in a row.

In April, prices were down 18.1% from the same point in 2008.

The S&P/Case-Shiller index records prices in 20 of the largest cities in the US. In May, 17 of the 20 cities showed improved annual price changes.

"To put it into perspective, this is the first time we have seen broad increases in home prices in 34 months," said David Blitzer, chairman of the index committee at S&P.

Sector improvement?

However, some analysts were still downbeat in their outlook for the housing market.

"We believe that there will be a continued decline in US real estate over the next year or two," said Chad Morganlander from Stifel, Nicolaus & Co.

"We do not expect an improvement in prices any time soon."

On Monday, government figures showed the annual rate of new home sales in the US jumped 11% in June - the biggest increase since November 2008.

However, the median sale price was $206,200 (£125,000), down 5.8% from May and 12% lower than a year ago.

Last week, the National Association of Realtors said that sales of previously-owned US homes had risen for the third month in a row in June, and at a faster rate than expected.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8172921.stm

Edited by DisposableHeroes

The upturn commeth.

I tried to post this earlier as a new thread but you know the moderation - only bad news allowed. I'll post it here anyway just so I do in fact get to voice my opinion, even if it is just for a minute before it's deleted:

Looks like it’s over, things are on the up!

Rate of decline almost slowed to a halt, house prices increasing month on month, the FTSE up 11 days in a row and near certainly that we are now in positive GDP territory.

I know some of you people want the UK economy to fail. I've been on this site since it opened and I know those of you that are tin foil hat wearing doom and gloom merchants that seek to bring down this great nation. Personally I think there should be a law for you alongside those we extradite for treason but that's a different thread...

I just wanted to make sure I was the first one that said in response to some of the loony comments I've seen recently ('just a few months and it'll all come crashing down', 'winter will wipe it out', 'I'm hoping for a modest decline of another 40%', etc, etc.) that your wishful dreams of apocalypse are just that... fantasy land Peter Pan fairytales.

There will be no double or triple economic recession no matter how hard, you, the tabloids, Radio 4's Today programme or BBC breakfast (with their MASSIVE RED DOWNWARD POINTING ARROW OF DOOM) try to instigate it.

Sorry to be the one to break it to you.

Over the last year I've come to realise that you are the real capitalists. The families and hard working individuals who have lost everything though your hard work to sink them are the real losers. The fat-cat landlords are biding their time until the next boom. You however, seek to capitalise on the misfortunes of others . You are the real greedy fat-cat, get rich quick wannbes and I'm glad it looks like you're failing hard.

I'll post back here in day or two to check how the latest house price increases have made your subsequent negative flames look a bit silly and sorry again to be the bearer of bad news.

The upturn commeth.

I tried to post this earlier as a new thread but you know the moderation - only bad news allowed. I'll post it here anyway just so I do in fact get to voice my opinion, even if it is just for a minute before it's deleted:

Rate of decline almost slowed to a halt, house prices increasing month on month, the FTSE up 11 days in a row and near certainly that we are now in positive GDP territory.

I know some of you people want the UK economy to fail. I've been on this site since it opened and I know those of you that are tin foil hat wearing doom and gloom merchants that seek to bring down this great nation. Personally I think there should be a law for you alongside those we extradite for treason but that's a different thread...

I just wanted to make sure I was the first one that said in response to some of the loony comments I've seen recently ('just a few months and it'll all come crashing down', 'winter will wipe it out', 'I'm hoping for a modest decline of another 40%', etc, etc.) that your wishful dreams of apocalypse are just that... fantasy land Peter Pan fairytales.

There will be no double or triple economic recession no matter how hard, you, the tabloids, Radio 4's Today programme or BBC breakfast (with their MASSIVE RED DOWNWARD POINTING ARROW OF DOOM) try to instigate it.

Over the last year I've come to realise that you are the real capitalists. The families and hard working individuals who have lost everything though your hard work to sink them are the real losers. The fat-cat landlords are biding their time until the next boom. You however, seek to capitalise on the misfortunes of others . You are the real greedy fat-cat, get rich quick wannbes and I'm glad it looks like you're failing hard.

I'll post back here in day or two to check how the latest house price increases have made your subsequent negative flames look a bit silly and sorry again to be the bearer of bad news.

here's my reply again, awooga by the way:

national debt - potential crisis

public sector to contract painfully

credit card delinquencies

business loan costs escalating

unemployment onerously rising month on month

wibble

Guest DisposableHeroes
The upturn commeth.

Cheers for that

That's kind of you.

look forward to hearing from you in a couple of days with your news.

The upturn commeth.

Fekkin inflammatory TROLL!

You deserve the ORANGE hair of the damned for that post!

People want places to buy @ 3x their FALLING wage NOT 6-10x - TROLL.

The upturn commeth.

xcojo

HPC Newbie

Group: New Members

Member No.: 21,919

Bull or Bear? Neither

Which troll are you? Hamish? Rinoa?

Edited by Kazuya

Well your first thread is still visible after 7 hours in the Troll sub forum

Oh right thanks. I forgot that's where you move every thread that's contrary to the belief that the world will end next week and label it as flame bait.

As for moderation, I've used phpBB for nine years and never, EVER come across anywhere that's so frightened of someone posting the truth they use two captchas and throttle new accounts from creating new threads. I think my comment was more than fair.

Back on topic - it's interesting that no-one has actually posted anything bordering on intelligent counter argument. [edit] in either thread.

Edited by xcojo

The upturn commeth.

How's life in the bunker of doom? Not long now before you'll be needing another job.