House Price Crash Forum

New Chinese Mortgages Unveiled

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
I wonder what an HPC mortgage would look like?

Probably require 2x earnings and a 50% deposit :lol:

:lol:

You should start a thread asking that question.

3x single income, 10% deposit, 25 years was good banking practice until about the year 2000. Now instead of going back to good banking practice, the banks (through our feckless government) have been requiring the furture taxes of your children and your grandchildren :angry:

HOLA444
What's that?

Life time tracker mortgage?

Base rate +2.5% when base rates can only go up?

Paying enormous sums of interest to a bank owned by a one party state notorious for its human rights abuses?

That's the sort of people I want to give my money to!

Hmmm.....I'll have 5 please!

Not a lot more immoral than the average bank, really........

And your average sheeple doesn't give a flying fig about morality - just look at the success of Primark and the clamour for dirt cheap consumer goods.

At first sight, I'd say China has got fed up lending its money to our banks who take their cut as a middleman and wants the whole thing by lending directly to the Western Consumer.

But base +2.5% at a time when interest rates are at an all time low and set to go only one way? Madness - large numbers of borrowers will be defaulting within a year or two. I wonder if the Chinese are just trying to acquire large slices of Western property assets by the back door.

HOLA445
What's that?

Life time tracker mortgage?

Base rate +2.5% when base rates can only go up?

Paying enormous sums of interest to a bank owned by a one party state notorious for its human rights abuses?

That's the sort of people I want to give my money to!

Hmmm.....I'll have 5 please!

Hmmmm . . .

Choppy left hand off for first missed payment (with or without anesthetic deducted from your account).

Default or second missed payment de-capitalisation (you avoid loosing face, but loose face - if you see what I mean)

HOLA446
Not a lot more immoral than the average bank, really........

And your average sheeple doesn't give a flying fig about morality - just look at the success of Primark and the clamour for dirt cheap consumer goods.

At first sight, I'd say China has got fed up lending its money to our banks who take their cut as a middleman and wants the whole thing by lending directly to the Western Consumer.

But base +2.5% at a time when interest rates are at an all time low and set to go only one way? Madness - large numbers of borrowers will be defaulting within a year or two. I wonder if the Chinese are just trying to acquire large slices of Western property assets by the back door.

I suspect this is what the American banks were trying to do with their horrible teaser loans. See Boston Legal Series 4 Episode 10.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Anyone know anything more about them than has been in the general press?

Apparently you have to have an appointment with them, which i don't really disagree with ti be honest. I might do it and find out what they have available for FTB's.

Will I be able to get 90% at a decent rate being an FTB?

Edited by Wannabebear