HOLA441
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
How else do you free slaves from slave owners? Or are you just choosing to make the word force mean whatever you want it to?

Slave owners were only slave owners because the government backed up their claim. if a slve runs off, what's some bloke on a farm going to do?

The only thing that makes it work is a widespread system of policing.

All that happened when the slaves were freed was that the governent stopped rounding them up.

HOLA443
Nope. In the same way as I wouldn't regard not being punched in the face as a benefit. The removal of a negative is not a positive.

Right.

So food is not a benefit, as it simply removes negative feelings of hunger?

This is going to seem like a silly question - but have you ever seen it [people banding together] happen?

You don't get out much, do you?

It happens everywhere, every day. It happens in schools in Scotland (I've seen it), it happens in academia in Oxford (I've seen it), it happens on a Friday night in Staines (I've seen it, and can confirm that not being punched again in the face is very much a benefit), I've also seen it on the Discovery Channel and the History Channel. When I turn on the TV I see eastern people in red doing it and western Europeans doing it under an orange flag or a green flag. Sometimes I go on demonstrations, and I see people doing it there.

Sometimes they even do it under a black flag.

Edited by Timm

HOLA444
HOLA445
Slave owners were only slave owners because the government backed up their claim. if a slve runs off, what's some bloke on a farm going to do?

All that happened when the slaves were freed was that the governent stopped rounding them up.

Nope.

Slaves existed before police forces.

Edited by Timm

HOLA446

Incorrect on a question of fact, this time. There are slaves in this country. The government does not back up the claim, but does little to interfere (right up your street, I'd say). If the slaves ran off, they would not be returned. They are held by force by the slave owners and lackeys. If I find out where there is a slave and take a big stick and beat up the slave owner and free the slave, am I (according to you) not using force, or not freeing the slave, or both? It must be one of those options because you say that you cannot use force to free anyone.

HOLA447
Right.

So food is not a benefit, as it simply removes negative feelings of hunger?

You don't get out much, do you?

It happens everywhere, every day. It happens in schools in Scotland (I've seen it), it happens in academia in Oxford (I've seen it), it happens on a Friday night in Staines (I've seen it, and can confirm that not being punched again in the face is very much a benefit), I've also seen it on the Discovery Channel and the History Channel. When I turn on the TV I see eastern people in red doing it and western Europeans doing it under an orange flag or a green flag. Sometimes I go on demonstrations, and I see people doing it there.

Sometimes they even do it under a black flag.

Nooooo that wasn't my question.

I said have you ever seen someone physically aggress against someone else ..for that other persons self protection?

HOLA448
HOLA449
Nooooo that wasn't my question.

I said have you ever seen someone physically aggress against someone else ..for that other persons self protection?

Really? This is the conversation I was having with you:

They will always be afraid that bullies will band together to control them, and will make sure to band together first.
Presumably after having a frontal lobotomy.

:rolleyes:

It's what people (and most mammals) do.
Do they?

This is going to seem like a silly question - but have you ever seen it happen?

As you can see, I was talking about people banding together.

I'm not sure where you got this attacking someone to make that person safer stuff from.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Multiple governments within a country would have the same effect as multiple tumours in one body.

Government IS the problem.

Exactly, government is the problem, but people continue to support it because they have been programmed to. They simply cannot help it, they cannot imagine a world beyond their cage. Countries like Somalia are in perpetual turmoil, because people keep trying to form a government. Government is simply systematic coercien, violence, and death. People aren't naturally violent, only people that have been "civilised" can make that claim.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Exactly, government is the problem, but people continue to support it because they have been programmed to. They simply cannot help it, they cannot imagine a world beyond their cage. Countries like Somalia are in perpetual turmoil, because people keep trying to form a government. Government is simply systematic coercien, violence, and death. People aren't naturally violent, only people that have been "civilised" can make that claim.

Oh please. We are just gentle little herbivores who had violence forced on us by the state. Even in places where we have not yet managed to form a state. In uncivilised countries there is no violence. People who do not labour under the yoke of government are not greedy or scared or bullies or paranoid. They do not form into tribes or have leaders or protect what they see as "theirs" with violence.

The fact is we have an instinct to band together, because that is what protected us from the big cats, and let us slaughter the grass eaters so we could slake our hunger for flesh.

HOLA4416
"They will always be afraid that bullies will band together to control them, and will make sure to band together first."

I know I said that, and I know why I said it.

But I have no idea why you said it.

HOLA4417

Of course I have been programmed you muppet, we all have. Perhaps the simple difference is that I study anthropology. Guess what, human beings are a lot older than civilisation. As an example, our current God of choice is approximately 2500 years old and is based on a local Babylonian fertility god. However, human being have been cooking their food for approximately 2million years. Our current civilisation is round about 6000 years old, our industrial age a few hundred, and the current fiat money system just under 40 years old. Put simply, what we assume is normal is anything but, it is also rather short lived although due to the short life span of the average human it is easy to see how we are suckered into believing what we see is normality.

I understand that what I live in is a short lived artificial construct, just because it has existed as long as I have been on the planet does not mean that it will continue to do so. The value of your investments can go down as well as up.

The fantastically clever part of the current system is that the elites quickly figured out they were outnumbered and simply couldn't afford enough people to maintain the status quo. Instead they created a system that was self regulating by propagating the belief that it was the way it was mean't to be, that is the value of religion. People then become self regulating and will maintain their own prison cell, quite brilliant.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
If the purpose of banding together is to bully, then the response is to bank together. To bully.

Insane.

Yes.

To both points.

But I'm not banking with you. :)

HOLA4420
Of course I have been programmed you muppet, we all have. Perhaps the simple difference is that I study anthropology. Guess what, human beings are a lot older than civilisation. As an example, our current God of choice is approximately 2500 years old and is based on a local Babylonian fertility god. However, human being have been cooking their food for approximately 2million years. Our current civilisation is round about 6000 years old, our industrial age a few hundred, and the current fiat money system just under 40 years old. Put simply, what we assume is normal is anything but, it is also rather short lived although due to the short life span of the average human it is easy to see how we are suckered into believing what we see is normality.

I understand that what I live in is a short lived artificial construct, just because it has existed as long as I have been on the planet does not mean that it will continue to do so. The value of your investments can go down as well as up.

The fantastically clever part of the current system is that the elites quickly figured out they were outnumbered and simply couldn't afford enough people to maintain the status quo. Instead they created a system that was self regulating by propagating the belief that it was the way it was mean't to be, that is the value of religion. People then become self regulating and will maintain their own prison cell, quite brilliant.

Interesting.

How much of the programming do you think is nature, and how much nurture?

HOLA4421
Government is an absolutely mental idea.

If we didn't have them by historical accident, no one would ever advocate them. There is no social or economic situation where anyone woudl opt to make a government. There just isn't. It's just a mad relic from the days when people believed some men were the sons of gods and all that crap.

What would you replace governments with, though? Military rule? Sharia Law? Libertarianism / anarchism? An absolute monarchy? A Criminocracy? There really are some very silly ideas being promoted on HPC these days!

Edited by blankster

HOLA4422
Of course I have been programmed you muppet, we all have. Perhaps the simple difference is that I study anthropology.

Thanks for that 'im better than you becuase I study anthropology' ******.

If you have been programmed too, then your studies are also part of the programming - and you have no free will. Which again is complete ******.

Im notsaying that the (any) government is the answer to our problems - just that life would not be all sunshine and roses without one.

For millions of years we had no organised governments - but, as you study anthropology, what DID we have?

Was there a heirarchy? Did someone / a group of people have overall control?

HOLA4423
What would you replace governments with, though? Military rule? Sharia Law? Libertarianism / anarchism? An absolute monarchy? A Criminocracy? There really are some very silly ideas being promoted on HPC these days!

What do you replace fire with?

What do you replace rape with?

What do you replace religious insanity with?

HOLA4424

You simply do not understand Weebag, you really have to do some reading, and then some thinking. I cannot discuss it rationally with you because you simply do not have a framework of reference.

People are not naturally violent, they are peaceful, they do not form heirarchies unless they are civilised. Civilisation started with agriculture, violence and war are endemic within civilisation (from the latin Civitas meaning city). It is a short term arrangement that will die off with the reduced availability of energy.

Governments are a relatively new arrangement and is only valid within civilised society. Civilisation due to its inherent self destructive nature will simply cease to exist. I always thought it would be long after I have gone, but it would appear now that this is not the case.

Multiple governments, got that already, doesn't work, never will.

HOLA4425
What do you replace fire with?

What do you replace rape with?

What do you replace religious insanity with?

Sorry, is fire evil now?