House Price Crash Forum

Quartermile - Mega Hype

viewsonic

HOLA441

Has anyone had a look at the Quartermile development in Edinburgh on the old hospital site? I have absolutely no intention of buying there, but went and had a look out of curiosity. You can easily spend 300k on a one bed flat with parking that is marginally bigger than a broom cupboard. 300k will buy you something between 35-40 sq metres, probably looking out at a bleak tower block like yours.

The only good thing about the development is the large number of affodable homes being built nearby, although there are unlikely to be applauded by the purchasers of the "luxury broom cupboards". Why would anyone wnat to spend 300k on such junk when that dosh could buy you a decent place in a really nice part of town.

People have lost their marbles methinks!

Does anyone else out there agree?

HOLA442
Has anyone had a look at the Quartermile development in Edinburgh on the old hospital site? I have absolutely no intention of buying there, but went and had a look out of curiosity. You can easily spend 300k on a one bed flat with parking that is marginally bigger than a broom cupboard. 300k will buy you something between 35-40 sq metres, probably looking out at a bleak tower block like yours.

The only good thing about the development is the large number of affodable homes being built nearby, although there are unlikely to be applauded by the purchasers of the "luxury broom cupboards". Why would anyone wnat to spend 300k on such junk when that dosh could buy you a decent place in a really nice part of town.

People have lost their marbles methinks!

Does anyone else out there agree?

No, personally I think they are superb and a bargain, £300K for what you describe as a broom cupboard is a price well worth paying, just think of the rental margin if you can secure a couple to rent out. I cannot believe they have not all be snapped up by savvy investors. As we all know now is the perfect time to buy and one can never go wrong with property.

Just think, you can get a whole parking space with your 'broom cupboard' and they are in such a desirable part of town I can't see how it could possibly go wrong.

Edited by lulu

HOLA443
No, personally I think they are superb and a bargain, �300K for what you describe as a broom cupboard is a price well worth paying, just think of the rental margin if you can secure a couple to rent out. I cannot believe they have not all be snapped up by savvy investors. As we all know now is the perfect time to buy and one can never go wrong with property.

Just think, you can get a whole parking space with your 'broom cupboard' and they are in such a desirable part of town I can't see how it could possibly go wrong.

Quite. Your biting sarcasm says it all, could not agree more.

HOLA444
Quite. Your biting sarcasm says it all, could not agree more.

They make quite attractive/convenient places to rent-I know several people who are doing this. I think that knowing what their landlord paid for their place makes the experience even more enjoyable.

HOLA445
Guest An Bearin Bui

Exactly, and property only ever goes up too so it's a win/win. You get to own a luxury executive pied a terre in downtown Edinburgh and if you choose to move up the ladder at any point you can just sell and double your money as average house prices will be about 600k soon as they're rising at 10% per month.

Even if you don't manage to sell straight away because of this annoying credit crunch thingy then you can rent it out for £2,000 per month instead. There are loads of people in Edinburgh with that kind of money because of the strong banking sector and for some reason they will want to rent your flat even though they could afford to buy it. So you get to move up the ladder, releasing the equity from your savvy investment while someone else pays your mortgage! What could be simpler? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA446
Exactly, and property only ever goes up too so it's a win/win. You get to own a luxury executive pied a terre in downtown Edinburgh and if you choose to move up the ladder at any point you can just sell and double your money as average house prices will be about 600k soon as they're rising at 10% per month.

Even if you don't manage to sell straight away because of this annoying credit crunch thingy then you can rent it out for £2,000 per month instead. There are loads of people in Edinburgh with that kind of money because of the strong banking sector and for some reason they will want to rent your flat even though they could afford to buy it. So you get to move up the ladder, releasing the equity from your savvy investment while someone else pays your mortgage! What could be simpler? :lol:

Check this out:

http://gladedale.newsweaver.co.uk/187sbtyf...ib43?email=true

200k for ~500 square feet, they must be completely barking.

Have they not heard that there is a big crash on? They must be desperate............

HOLA447
Check this out:

Have they not heard that there is a big crash on? They must be desperate............

So you are a bear now? Why the change of heart? One of your other ID's did the whole bear-in-despair thing for a while. I guess 'you' will be trying the same tack now.

Little tip - you might want to change your avatar to match your new bear status.

HOLA448

Hello again sock puppet.

Time will tell whether your huge desire for chaos is bourne out by the numbers, or whether I am right.

I will visit the board in 3-6 months and waatch you eat humble pie my friend.

Byeee.....I will be back in a few months to gloat when we have some real numbers to go on. or then again, maybe not.
Byeeeee.............
Check this out:

Anyone else thinking "worst flounce off ever". :lol:

Edited by geneer

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Has anyone had a look at Quartermile?

Well, yes - I think most of us looked at it over a year ago when it was first launched. Where were you?

Big lip on. Have taken what everyone on here is saying, and yes, I agree (and have seen the light) we have some way to fall, and yes a bear trap awaits.

Don't know who the crochster is.....but as McGlashan says, he is excellent value, and quite (ahem) provocative.

I am not the Crochster - fact, but am flattered to be though the same person, even though I am not. I lack the Crochster's eloquence and finesse, and superb Troll timing.

Off to count my huge pile of bullion - no point in buying now if further falls await.

:lol:

Off to lurk on my dark cave in Herriot Row..........precious..........

Viewsonic aka Gollum

Edited by viewsonic

HOLA4412
Big lip on. Have taken what everyone on here is saying, and yes, I agree (and have seen the light) we have some way to fall, and yes a bear trap awaits.

Don't know who the crochster is.....but as McGlashan says, he is excellent value, and quite (ahem) provocative.

I am not the Crochster - fact, but am flattered to be though the same person, even though I am not. I lack the Crochster's eloquence and finesse, and superb Troll timing.

Off to count my huge pile of bullion - no point in buying now if further falls await.

:lol:

Off to lurk on my dark cave in Herriot Row..........precious..........

Viewsonic aka Gollum

OK you maintain you are not thecrutchster - quick test:

1. How do you feel about ReMax?

2. What is the mothership?

3. Tell us about any carrot selling experiences you have.

4. Which grout do you prefer?

5. Favourite dogs breed?

6. Compare and contrast King Canute vs King Herod.

7. When did you last buy?

8. "A bear trap awaits" you say. Where in the bubble cycle do you see us and when would you anticipate a bear trap?

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/graphs-bubble-lifecycle.php

9. Why would you be flattered to be thought of as crutchie?

10. Why the big dramatic exit and immediate return?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
I must say the standard of trolls in the Scottish section is very poor. They can't tell one king from another - don't know who to log in as - and can't tell whether they are bears or bulls. Poor show - must try harder.

I'll have you know that this is where Hamish MacTavish started off. He was so good that he actually got himself persecuted.

HOLA4415
OK you maintain you are not thecrutchster - quick test:

1. How do you feel about ReMax?

Couldn't give a flying ******.

2. What is the mothership?

Que ?

3. Tell us about any carrot selling experiences you have.

None, but I have picked both mandarins and sweetcorn, but never sold them. Does that count ?

4. Which grout do you prefer?

Is that the sore knee thing my Uncle gets ? I would prefer not to have it thanks.

5. Favourite dogs breed?

When they do it from behind. Yeah, definitely that one.

6. Compare and contrast King Canute vs King Herod.

I once had the first's name on a T-shirt I got made. Spelled the proper way. Play on words. ;)

As for the other ? Does he sit by a river picking up wee fish ?

7. When did you last buy?

I bought a galaxy caramel about 4 hours ago.

8. "A bear trap awaits" you say. Where in the bubble cycle do you see us and when would you anticipate a bear trap?

Bear trap you say. Does Timothy Treadwell have anything to worry about ?

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/graphs-bubble-lifecycle.php

9. Why would you be flattered to be thought of as crutchie?

Coz he knows about BMV.

10. Why the big dramatic exit and immediate return?

I have not exited. Yet.

I hope you don't mind. I just wanted to make sure I am not the Crutchster too. Please let me know of the results - either way.

Thanks

HOLA4416
Look at where Hamish ended up though - unwanted and unloved on every board he tried to invade.

I still think it's a good nursery though. We should be cherishing our potential trolls and providing them with a supportive environment where they can hone their skills before setting off to make their way in the wide world of the main forum.

HOLA4417