House Price Crash Forum

Why Is There No News Around?

juvenal

HOLA441

What's happening to all the news? Nothing is happening anywhere, and I'm reduced to reading about swarms of ladybirds in Somerset; python hunts in Florida, and one of the extras from Dad's Army kicking the bucket.

Is the world slowing down? Is there no crime and scandal because all those spiv MP's are on holiday in the Cayman Islands?

The liveliest thread on HPC is about saving money by using your semen as Prittstick, or loginandtonic's dodgy cheese problems!

There's nothing going on!!!

Why????

HOLA442
Guest absolutezero
What's happening to all the news? Nothing is happening anywhere, and I'm reduced to reading about swarms of ladybirds in Somerset; python hunts in Florida, and one of the extras from Dad's Army kicking the bucket.

Is the world slowing down? Is there no crime and scandal because all those spiv MP's are on holiday in the Cayman Islands?

The liveliest thread on HPC is about saving money by using your semen as Prittstick, or loginandtonic's dodgy cheese problems!

Why????

Don't look now but here's the Daily Mail to scare you....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...whelms-NHS.html

HOLA443
HOLA444

Why????

I dunno, I tried to start a thread about Gordons incompetent bafoon of a mate being made responsible for the governements ill fated investments in the banks, but got approximately no replies.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Why????

I think the jizz Pritt stick substitute was an HPC low point though, I think, you may have started the ball rolling with your wiping your knob on the curtains comment. :lol:

I can imagine news editors leafing through stories all day, 'economy bad, economy bad, economy bad, Oo monkey playing a banjo - doh because band can no longer afford session musicians'.

HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest KingCharles1st
Worry not, according to Alex Jones, Obama's gonna launch a terror attack pretty soon.

Will it be in Hertfordshire- do I need bean stocks?

HOLA449
Guest X-QUORK
Will it be in Hertfordshire- do I need bean stocks?

Would you kindly point me to the original larger version of your avatar please?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

There is some news.

Mandelson has finally realised the country hate his and Labours particular brand of leadership.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8173663.stm

When I say leadership I'm obviously refering to their following the advice of any hand wringing leftwing think tank/quango nonsense, that maybe okay in their fantasy land, but hasnt been relevant in the real world.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Why????

Gasp :angry: how dare you.

Private Sponge (Colin Bean) was no mere extra, he had many speaking parts. His autobiography was reprinted three times.

No news indeed <_<

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/new...pte_sponge_dies

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
I always felt Pt Sponge was vastly inferior to that Welsh photographer soldier, with the tombstone teeth, glasses and speech impediment.

Sponge never had real charisma.

Method acting. He was playing a typical Tommy.

The Welsh one was good, he is of that mad mould like Sylvester McCoy and Ian McDiarmid. I'm never sure which is which in the old programmes (I thought Reg Smeaton was McCoy for years, it's McDiarmid).

Just looked him up - Talfryn Thomas.

actor-thomas-lg.jpg

IanMcDiarmid.jpg

Sylvester_McCoy.jpg

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Archived