House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loginandtonic

Braun Tassimo - Cleaning Discs

just bought a s/h machine for £6, but no cleaning discs, is there a way to fool the machine into cleaning with a cut & paste barcode and improvisation method somewhere?

just bought a s/h machine for £6, but no cleaning discs, is there a way to fool the machine into cleaning with a cut & paste barcode and improvisation method somewhere?

That is about as off-topic as I can imagine! I have no idea what your post is about! Are you Edward Lear? ;)

That is about as off-topic as I can imagine! I have no idea what your post is about! Are you Edward Lear? ;)

Well, we cover everything in off-topic, from darts to tarts.

Tassimo is a coffee machine made by Braun and Bosch, supermarkets sell the (quite expensive) T-discs that you just stick in the machine, it reads their barcode, and it makes the drink according to the barcode. I think it might be a gimmick, so I've always resisted buying one (and in fact I think Philips Senseo if you can pick one up cheap is better). To clean the machine you need a cleaning disc which has you guessed it a barcode on it to tell the machine 'squirt your water through me cleaning style'. But as I picked up the machine for £6 there was no cleaning disc (usual price of machine, max £90, often £55 new).

There is an unofficial website with dummy barcodes to fool the machine. But all I've done is buy a Suchard hot chocolate pack and utilised a used disc to flush water through and avoid any bugs hopefully. The dummy barcodes site also has a cleaning disc barcode which i could just literally stick on to the empty hot choc disc over its own barcode and perhaps fool the machine into going into the cleaning cycle BUT the machine may do funny things with the water if it thinks its on cleaning mode and an ordinary empty hot choc disc may not be able to cope - scalding water may go everywhere.

Bet you're sorry you asked now eh! oh you didnt! :lol:

Next week - making an Ipod out of kitchen towel.

Bet you're sorry you asked now eh! oh you didnt! :lol:

Next week - making an Ipod out of kitchen towel.

Yes, I am sorry I asked.... :(