House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Injin

The End Of The End Of The Recession

Written by someone named 'Tyler Durden' after the alter-ego of the protagonist in the film 'fight club'. Unsurprising the article is utter piffle.

Really, I read/looked it this morning but mainly focused on the graphs which seemed pretty clear cut to me, could you please elaborate on errors.

Guest BoomBoomCrash
Really, I read/looked it this morning but mainly focused on the graphs which seemed pretty clear cut to me, could you please elaborate on errors.

Ok. The graphs are mostly comprised of inaccurate data, or deliberately misrepresented data, and the matter of fact conclusions drawn about a particular indicator are ridiculous. A perfect example of the incongruity of this piece is that the article both bemoans the consumer credit bubble and the cites a contraction of consumer lending as a problem. Which is it? Look at page 48 for a real laugh. Any signs that contradict the pre-assumed conclusion of the article are dismissed in a very unconvincing way.

Edited by BoomBoomCrash

Ok. The graphs are mostly comprised of inaccurate data, or deliberately misrepresented data, and the matter of fact conclusions drawn about a particular indicator are ridiculous. A perfect example of the incongruity of this piece is that the article both bemoans the consumer credit bubble and the cites a contraction of consumer lending as a problem. Which is it? Look at page 48 for a real laugh. Any signs that contradict the pre-assumed conclusion of the article are dismissed in a very unconvincing way.

I will have to look at the charts again, I trusted the source so did not interrogate in depth. Not sure about the second point, the problem was a consumer debt fuelled boom and the problem is the unsustainability of such a boom leading to the funding crisis we are in now.

Forget about it.

I think that would be best for all concerned

That is some pretty shit powerpoint - why don't they start with the conclusions summarised at the beginning and then present the supporting evidence? Instead they force readers to wade through pages of crap that don't tell a clear story.

The US has been pushed under a bus.

indeed, one can poo poo many arguments , but the obvious remains:

1. The US is borrowing beyond its means.

2. The US is losing its ability to repay what it IS borrowing.

Unless 1 decreases rapidly or 2 increases rapidly then the result is inevitable.

Edited by Bloo Loo

Unless 1 decreases rapidly or 2 increases rapidly then the result is inevitable.

Luckily for us we are not in the same position.

:unsure:

Isn't it funny how that simple truth escapes so many people?

Needless to say, UK too.

Isn't it funny how that simple truth escapes so many people?

Needless to say, UK too.

we dont pay people 500K with bonuses to make things simple..that would never do.