House Price Crash Forum

Global Warming And Creationism

Bob8

HOLA441
It does seem that while the scientists argue about this and that the general concensus aboard this thread is that we don't really know what the future brings untill it happens... lets just be safe rather than sorry until we have more evidence... and if thats the case, arn't the governments of the WORLD trying to do the right thing?

"Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe..." Gordon has the right idea. He'll f*ck the implementation of any new initiative so badly it'll be counterproductive, of course.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Led by Dear Gordon. :lol:
"Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe..." Gordon has the right idea. He'll f*ck the implementation of any new initiative so badly it'll be counterproductive, of course.

Hmmm.... i dont disagree with you there in the slightest.

Incidentally, in case you you were wondering what our glorious leaders plans were, here he is to spell them out for you...

http://www.ted.com/talks/gordon_brown.html

be afraid...

HOLA443
It all points to a basic scientific illiteracy that is propagating within modern societies.

Feel free to use your superior scientific literacy to explain the flaws in the issues I've raised with fluffy666. But I'm guessing you haven't got much above the stream of ad homs you produced in your last post.

A quick check through their websites indicates that not one Young Earth Creationist movement believes in anthropegenic global warming.

Most US-based Christian creationists question global warming, but many European based Christian creationists support the view of man-made global warming and claim that emitting CO2 is a "sin against god's creation". As an example, from this kind of site. To be fair, I don't know if they are young-earth creationists (very few creationists actually label themselves that way) but they seem to broadly subscribe to the idea that (1) Darwinian evolution is wrong and species started off as they are today and (2) they mention aspects from the biblical timeline from genesis, so I would say the site is pretty close to YECs.

So we have amongst us:

1. People who support both evolution and AGW

2. People who support evolution but doubt AGW

3. People who doubt evolution and support AGW

4. People who doubt both evolution and AGW

This is why scientists prefer to analyse and interpret data, rather than people's opinions.

HOLA444
Guest anorthosite

In that analogy I suspect Gordon Brown would be a 24 hour clock.

Archived