House Price Crash Forum

Simples!

kudukid

HOLA441
HOLA442
Why has everyone started saying 'simples' instead os simple??

Somebody can make a sensible, coherant post and finish it with 'simples'

Get a grip FFS.

First time I used the word was about 5-minutes ago.

Second time was in this post.

Simples!

HOLA443
First time I used the word was about 5-minutes ago.

Second time was in this post.

Simples!

How do these things start?

I bet they don't say it in their normal life.

I really hope not anyway.

The thought sends a shiver down my spine.

HOLA444
HOLA445
The Compare the Meerkat advert one would imagine

I work abroad so I haven't seen it, thank f*c*

Just shows how powerful adverts actually are, getting the population to speak like Imbeciles is as easy as that.

HOLA446
The Compare the Meerkat advert one would imagine

I was at Longleat last week, queueing for the safari boat.

Next to where you queue, there is a meerkat enclosure.

It was impossible to queue there it seems without saying, "Compare the Meerkat dot come, Simples".

Wasnt there an advert recently about adverts? It went through some of those memorable adverts from yesteryear, that we still remember, or perhaps, cant forget today. It showed the power of advertising. Slogans such as, "For Mash Get Smash", "Carling Black Label", "Only Heinenken can do this", "Just one Cornetto", like it or not, unforgettable.

And discuss the meerkat dot com is something our children will still remember in 50 years I am sure.

Simples.

HOLA447
HOLA448
I was at Longleat last week, queueing for the safari boat.

Next to where you queue, there is a meerkat enclosure.

It was impossible to queue there it seems without saying, "Compare the Meerkat dot come, Simples".

Wasnt there an advert recently about adverts? It went through some of those memorable adverts from yesteryear, that we still remember, or perhaps, cant forget today. It showed the power of advertising. Slogans such as, "For Mash Get Smash", "Carling Black Label", "Only Heinenken can do this", "Just one Cornetto", like it or not, unforgettable.

And discuss the meerkat dot com is something our children will still remember in 50 years I am sure.

Simples.

Yes the adverts were very powerful and they were actually advertising a product that was easily recognisable, even years down the line.

What is the meerkat advertising when it says "simples"?

I bet the product will not be memorable in years time, just the annoying meerkat, talking Boll*c*ks.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest X-QUORK
Just shows how powerful adverts actually are, getting the population to speak like Imbeciles is as easy as that.

+1

I've only just got over the trauma of the "Waaasssuuuuuuuuup?" thing.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Best advert I have seen for ages was on this site. Heineken advert taking the piss out of Sex in the City. Absolute genius. Wasn't even on TV here. Even with subtitles it would have been the best advert seen in this country for years.

If you have not seen it youtube it. One for the blokes.

HOLA4415

The compare the meerkat thing has got on my t1ts from the begining.

As for "simples", that's just refering to the target demographic - probably a marketing tw@t's in joke.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Yes it does :)

Simples are to be contrasted with atomless gunk (where something is gunky if it is such that every proper part has a further proper part). Necessarily, given the definitions, everything is either composed of simples, gunk or a mixture of the two.

I actually quite like it now.

:D

Simples..

Ah, but

Mirroring the Special Composition Question is the Simple Question (see Markosian 1998). It asks what the jointly necessary and sufficient conditions are for x to be a mereological simple. In the literature this question explicitly concerns what it is for a material object to lack proper parts, although there is no reason why similar questions cannot be asked of things from other ontological categories.

I have to say that that's a question that's been weighing heavily on my mind for the last few days.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Guest skullingtonjoe
Why has everyone started saying 'simples' instead os simple??

Somebody can make a sensible, coherant post and finish it with 'simples'

Get a grip FFS.

It`s probably because of that stupid `Meerkat` advert!

HOLA4422
Ah, but

Mirroring the Special Composition Question is the Simple Question (see Markosian 1998). It asks what the jointly necessary and sufficient conditions are for x to be a mereological simple. In the literature this question explicitly concerns what it is for a material object to lack proper parts, although there is no reason why similar questions cannot be asked of things from other ontological categories.

I have to say that that's a question that's been weighing heavily on my mind for the last few days.

Brilliant.

Simples fits so well with that.

Who said Scientists didnt have a sense of humour?

Screw the meercat.

:lol:

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Yes the adverts were very powerful and they were actually advertising a product that was easily recognisable, even years down the line.

What is the meerkat advertising when it says "simples"?

I bet the product will not be memorable in years time, just the annoying meerkat, talking Boll*c*ks.

I reckon they'll still remember what the advert was for years down the line - the bit before the Simples line is emphasised enough to be fairly memorable...

Compare the Meercat website - you'll get the general gist of it all from that.

The advert is already being parodied etc - they had on the radio this weekend a quick sketch of the but for Swine Flu - along the lines of "if you want to know the difference between Bart and Homer, you need compare the Simpsons dot com, if you want to know the difference between Swine Flu and normal flu, you need compare the Symptoms dot com... simples!"

HOLA4425

Archived