House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Abstra

Sarah Palin

I mean!

'I will doggedly gaurd the interests of this great state like a grissly gaurds its cubs'. :lol: go girl go; somewhere else.

I mean!

'I will doggedly gaurd the interests of this great state like a grissly gaurds its cubs'. :lol: go girl go; somewhere else.

She's probably the next (Vice) President of America, given the way the magic negro's administration is imploding :lol:

Obama = Jimmy carter :lol:

Her rant against the 'liberals from Hollywood' was quite fun, too. But however redneck it may sound, it's playing to a receptive crowd. Alaska's main sources of revenue are (i) oil, (ii) tourism and (iii) 'pork barrel' Federal spending. All three are perceived to be under significant threat under the Obama administration, and not without some good reason. When I was in Fairbanks for my annual consultancy trip earlier this year, even the university types (who are about as left wing as it's possible to get in Alaska) solidly supported her as governor, even if many admitted that she shouldn't have been nominated as the VP candidate. And when you compare the ethics allegations against her with what her predecessor, Frank Murkowski, got up to, she comes out pure as a Barrow blizzard.

Edited by The Ayatollah Bugheri

And when you compare the ethics allegations against her with what her predecessor, Frank Murkowski, got up to, she comes out pure as a Barrow blizzard.

Those ethics lawsuits are all vexatious, designed to run her out of her own private money because no matter how silly the law suit it, she'll have to pay up to defend it, whereas the litigant gets free public money to harass her with. I'm not sure that this is an idea the Democrats should develop to perfection, because the republicans will decide to play their own version of this and probably get just as creative with it. Either way, everyone loses in the end this way...

See here:

http://www.floppingaces.net/2009/07/04/ali...d-their-agenda/

http://www.floppingaces.net/2009/07/04/ali...complaints-1-9/

there is more, but that should show you what kind of naff political game is being played here. Also note:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/23...mocratic-party/

The independent investigator who has accused Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin of violating state ethics laws is a major donor to the Democratic Party as well as a partner in a law firm that represented Barack Obama's presidential campaign.

Thomas Daniel was hired by the Alaska Personnel Board in late April to investigate several complaints against Palin, including one filed by an Alaska resident who claims the governor used her official position for personal gain by authorizing the creation of a trust to use as her legal defense fund.

In a July 14 report leaked to The Associated Press and major news organizations, Daniel accused Palin of drawing improper gifts and unwarranted benefits. His report recommended that Palin refuse to accept payment from the defense fund and settle the complaint to avoid a formal hearing before the board.

Independent, huh? A shining example of the due course of justice... not. Remember, people who stoop to play such unethical games also play others -- heads up, they win, tail up, you lose.

Palin is ignorant.

She might even have been ignorant enough to order the Fed audited "cause it's the American way".

Thankfully we have educated, sophisticated types in power.

She is SO dumb.

I would love to hear her views on whether US government should fund US$4trillion to make the NHS in America.

Or let GM write off US$1trillion of debt to small business America and 2 weeks later keep trading with the same management.

Praise be to Obama and his brains and amazing eloquence. The world is wonderful with him.

I personally think theres an intelligent girl lurking inside her trying to get out. Occasionally she says some wise things, its just stiftled by the many years of prom queenery and living in a funny place full of mooses and oilmen.

She is SO dumb.

I would love to hear her views on whether US government should fund US$4trillion to make the NHS in America.

Or let GM write off US$1trillion of debt to small business America and 2 weeks later keep trading with the same management.

Praise be to Obama and his brains and amazing eloquence. The world is wonderful with him.

Could you clarify this for those of us with low intellectual capacity. If I can't figure it out whatever would Sarah make of it.

Could you clarify this for those of us with low intellectual capacity. If I can't figure it out whatever would Sarah make of it.

Well since my post was very similar in intent to this, let me say that my opinion is that dumb as she is she may just be immune to the economic intellectuals, and no she probably wouldn't do this stuff.

Sorry. Just trying to say I would rather she was running this economy than Brown or Obama.

Palin is ignorant.

She might even have been ignorant enough to order the Fed audited "cause it's the American way".

Lacking an encylopedic knowledge base yes, but ignorant? A master politician with long range strategic thinking. Her IQ quotient is up there with Herr Schwarzenegger (MENSA level) and the greater fools are those who underestimate her. She is a sort of anti-Bertasconloni whose appeal rests on his "anughty Italian gentleman" risque personna.

Palin is ignorant.

Perhaps Gordon Brown would pass as sophisticated in Liverpool, but doesn't in the rest of the country.

Lacking an encylopedic knowledge base yes, but ignorant? A master politician with long range strategic thinking. Her IQ quotient is up there with Herr Schwarzenegger (MENSA level) and the greater fools are those who underestimate her.

Of course. (and the earth is only 6000 years old).

Perhaps Gordon Brown would pass as sophisticated in Liverpool, but doesn't in the rest of the country.

does the word sarcasm mean anything to you :rolleyes:

Doggedly, like a bear.

Caught a bit of the farewell speech last night on the news... she had a really good pop at the media - "don't make it up".

In time, we will probably find that she is a shrewd political operator.

I would love to. Bet she goes like a train.

Yees! I must admit she's got those kinda lips hasn't she and she don't look like an 'American Pie' eater!

Guest X-QUORK

Creationist redneck, no doubt the kind of woman every decent Humvee driver wants as a wife.

I think the scripted her to give the same answer to all questions. This was to save her from giving the wrong impression. The answer was to say while smiling cutely 'I don't know'. And she was always right, she didn't know!

Funniest thing about this so far is the irony of Fox news hacks quoting Tony Benn in a robotic fashion.

Someone has obviously fed them the lightly modified soundbite to use without attribution. If only they knew!

Edited by Cogs

Funniest thing about this so far is the irony of Fox news hacks quoting Tony Benn in a robotic fashion.

Someone has obviously fed them the lightly modified soundbite to use without attribution. If only they knew!

Which quote are they using?

Which quote are they using?

When he quit, Tony Benn said he was leaving [political office] to devote more time to politics.

Which seemed quite snappy the first time I heard it. I dare say he might have borrowed it from someone else.

Edited by Cogs